The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Dont forget Zouma as well. Also need a big season from Oscar

The problem I still have with Oscar is that he always drags us back to playing a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him. I feel like we're going to have to choose between him and Fabregas, and I'd rather have the latter. Of course, maybe Jose will stop being so dogmatic and play around with more formations/tactics this year, but I'm not overly confident that's going to happen.

The problem I still have with Oscar is that he always drags us back to playing a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him. I feel like we're going to have to choose between him and Fabregas, and I'd rather have the latter. Of course, maybe Jose will stop being so dogmatic and play around with more formations/tactics this year, but I'm not overly confident that's going to happen.

In a hypothetical situation, even if we pick Fabregas over him, who exactly do we play in the midfield 3 alongside Fabregas. Matic obviously but the rest of our options (Ramires, Mikel, RLC etc.) are either underwhelming or inexperienced to start regularly

We really should have made it a priority to get in a top class RW and CM this window. We got the first one in Pedro. Tried hard for Pogba but it was too late as expected

If I was Emeleano, I would start laying the groundwork immediately for bids for Pogba, Griezzmann and Stones next summer. It will take close to £200m to get those 3 probably but they instantly elevate us into a top tier team and we won't have to worry about the team for 3-4 seasons after that

In a hypothetical situation, even if we pick Fabregas over him, who exactly do we play in the midfield 3 alongside Fabregas. Matic obviously but the rest of our options (Ramires, Mikel, RLC etc.) are either underwhelming or inexperienced to start regularly

We really should have made it a priority to get in a top class RW and CM this window. We got the first one in Pedro. Tried hard for Pogba but it was too late as expected

If I was Emeleano, I would start laying the groundwork immediately for bids for Pogba, Griezzmann and Stones next summer. It will take close to £200m to get those 3 probably but they instantly elevate us into a top tier team and we won't have to worry about the team for 3-4 seasons after that

The one place I'd actually be fine with seeing Ramires is in a 4-3-3 tbh. Yes it would mean the same old problem with marking Fabregas out of the game would come into play again, but it would also mean that we could push our fullbacks up to provide an alternative.

We're not getting Pogba: it was this window or never really. The reason we're the only ones really linked with him this summer was because Barca and Real had extenuating circumstances for not signing him. Next summer, everyone will be in for him.

The one place I'd actually be fine with seeing Ramires is in a 4-3-3 tbh. Yes it would mean the same old problem with marking Fabregas out of the game would come into play again, but it would also mean that we could push our fullbacks up to provide an alternative.

We're not getting Pogba: it was this window or never really. The reason we're the only ones really linked with him this summer was because Barca and Real had extenuating circumstances for not signing him. Next summer, everyone will be in for him.

Indeed, Ramires had his best games for us when he was given license to roam forward in a 4-3-3 by AVB. Wouldn't mind seeing something like that replicated again particularly if Oscar continues to be inconsistent and underwhelming in attack

Lets see. We have enough money to compete with any club in the world on a player-to-player basis if we want. I am not confident of getting him either but who knows what can happen next summer particularly if Madrid have their transfer ban

I'm not sure he will be available to be honest. Juve are doing brilliant transfer business in last few years and are well on route to become real force in Europe again. Last year they went past Madrid and put fear of God into Barca in CL final, and this year they've added Mandzukic, Khedira, Dybala, Hernanes and Sandro, while only losing Vidal and 80 year old Pirlo.

I think he will. Juventus are financially very stable but even they know they will find it very tough to compete with EPL clubs once the new TV deal kicks in. I am sure Pogba is aware as well. Plus we all know the shady financing of Spanish clubs

They're missing the most important picture though, which is this

Chelsea-Stadium-Expansion.jpg

The struts will be made out of brick, which turns it from looking ******* awful into something really rather classy and fitting for the area.

The Mail of all people did a great set of photos from our history.

I can't ******* wait. Now I want to fast-forward to 2020. So much potential that new stadium brings. Financially and as a brand. We can move to the next level.

I can't ******* wait. Now I want to fast-forward to 2020. So much potential that new stadium brings. Financially and as a brand. We can move to the next level.

Will easily be my favourite stadium in world football in they pull it off, and will honestly be a seriously nice bit of architecture(hence why the infamously snooty Kensington and Chelsea lot are happy for it to go through). Which is kind of funny, because I absolutely loathe the Allianz Arena.

Will easily be my favourite stadium in world football in they pull it off, and will honestly be a seriously nice bit of architecture(hence why the infamously snooty Kensington and Chelsea lot are happy for it to go through). Which is kind of funny, because I absolutely loathe the Allianz Arena.

I love the designs. Not like every other generic **** you see nowadays. It imprints history. There's meaning and historical value all over it. That's what I like. Not another sparkling meaningless dogcrap.

Terrace/ ground ticket to see L'pool clinch the League and first part of the double in 1986: £ 5.

Main stand ticket to see Bruno Cheyrou score the winner at Stamford Bridge in 2004: £50. The very first time tickets reached £50 or more in the league. Anywhere.

Shed end ticket to see L'pool at Chelsea last year: £59.

That's my short story 'evolution' of Stamford Bridge.

Last edited:
Terrace/ ground ticket to see L'pool clinch the League and first part of the double in 1986: £ 5.

Main stand ticket to see Bruno Cheyrou score the winner at Stamford Bridge in 2004: £50. The very first time tickets reached £50 or more in the league. Anywhere.

Shed end ticket to see L'pool at Chelsea last year: £59.

That's my short story 'evolution' of Stamford Bridge.

£9 difference in the last 10 years? Bargain! ;)

£9 difference in the last 10 years? Bargain! ;)

And cheaper than Arsenal's £65!

You 'thinking of the fans club' you!

*Still £15 more than Utd a week Sat'day but yer know, London prices and all. :P

I think we're £50 for Chelsea fans again this year so it's as scandalously bad all over. But at least we're at the forefront of trying to bring them down through the Union and the SOS haven't been shy of taking L'pool to task along with everyone else.

Also worth noting that our new CB is not in our CL list. You'd have to assume that he'll need to earn his place in our squad at the highest level but **** Jose, that's harsh.

None of our deadline day buys are on the list, so: panic buys.

The only deadline day buy that matters is Papy. Hector was immediately sent out on loan and as Subtle said Papy will need to earn his place. But they're not "panic buys", the club had been looking at Hector and Papy for quite a while. Obviously Djilobodji wasn't our first choice target but after failing to get such targets we sort of settled on him. We'll almost certainly go after Stones again IMO.

The only deadline day buy that matters is Papy. Hector was immediately sent out on loan and as Subtle said Papy will need to earn his place. But they're not "panic buys", the club had been looking at Hector and Papy for quite a while. Obviously Djilobodji wasn't our first choice target but after failing to get such targets we sort of settled on him. We'll almost certainly go after Stones again IMO.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but "we've been following him for x years" is the most common excuse for panic buys. I hope they both have a long and prosperous career at Chelsea, but the deals reek of panic all the way to Australia.

Back