The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
I'm not saying you're wrong, but "we've been following him for x years" is the most common excuse for panic buys. I hope they both have a long and prosperous career at Chelsea, but the deals reek of panic all the way to Australia.

Perhaps, but I don't think anyone bought for £3m to £4m can be considered a "panic buy".

Perhaps, but I don't think anyone bought for £3m to £4m can be considered a "panic buy".

A fair point, however we needed a solid CB, and there was none available. The fee, is cover for the **** up we got ourselves in. I though we learned our lesson with Rooney 2 years ago. Always have a backup plan.

A fair point, however we needed a solid CB, and there was none available. The fee, is cover for the **** up we got ourselves in. I though we learned our lesson with Rooney 2 years ago. Always have a backup plan.

I do not think its as much as having a back-up plan as simply getting our business done early. We did have back-up plans in the likes of Garay, Marquinhos etc. but hardly any club will sell a quality player right smack on deadline day

I do not think its as much as having a back-up plan as simply getting our business done early. We did have back-up plans in the likes of Garay, Marquinhos etc. but hardly any club will sell a quality player right smack on deadline day

I agree. If he had chased other players from day one besides Stones, this would not have happened. Marquinhos and Garay weren't targets, up until the last moment.

Stones was a precious target because he is English and he is the next big thing potentially. That's why we spent so much time on trying to sign him.

I agree. If he had chased other players from day one besides Stones, this would not have happened. Marquinhos and Garay weren't targets, up until the last moment.

I think we were too late in chasing stones. We should have ideally made a bid and started discussions with Everton from late June. It's not surprise that out of all the 3 targets we chased (Stones, Pogba, Pedro) ... We got the one who had a release clause in his contract where the selling club had considerably less leverage

Hmmmm. Reading the QC sounds like she thinks they have a cast iron case.

Groundbreaking. This will rock football. And knock the knobs ego in the process.

Not sure why this issue has been dragged on for so long. Club executives should just apologise to her and either reinstate her or release her with adequate compensation. Legal case is bad for ALL parties involved

Not sure why this issue has been dragged on for so long. Club executives should just apologise to her and either reinstate her or release her with adequate compensation. Legal case is bad for ALL parties involved

Maybe she doesn't want to drop it. We don't know what's gone on behind the scenes.

Maybe she doesn't want to drop it. We don't know what's gone on behind the scenes.

I would hope that's the case. The club have been smart enough in the past to limit PR fallout from controversies like this so they probably did make the effort to settle this amicably

If she doesn't want to drop it then fair play to her. She is well within her rights to pursue this case. But the reality of the situation is that she is going to go up against a multi-million dollar organisation backed by a Russian billionaire with no shortage of resources. She might win but at what cost? No one will hire her as long as this is going on and lawyers are well capable of dragging it out forever if they want to

Jon Fearn returned without kicking up a fuss

I would hope that's the case. The club have been smart enough in the past to limit PR fallout from controversies like this so they probably did make the effort to settle this amicably

If she doesn't want to drop it then fair play to her. She is well within her rights to pursue this case. But the reality of the situation is that she is going to go up against a multi-million dollar organisation backed by a Russian billionaire with no shortage of resources. She might win but at what cost? No one will hire her as long as this is going on and lawyers are well capable of dragging it out forever if they want to

I think you severely overestimate how much people will give a ****. The woman who filed a fake sexual harassment against her employer for the exact same amount that her husband owed from running a ponzi scheme became CEO of Reddit whilst that was all ongoing for christ's sake. In this case, you have someone who is clearly skilled and is obviously being punished arbitrarily, I doubt it's going to stop someone else picking her up.

The fact that Fearn returned does rather suggest that something else happened behind the scenes.

I think you severely overestimate how much people will give a ****. The woman who filed a fake sexual harassment against her employer for the exact same amount that her husband owed from running a ponzi scheme became CEO of Reddit whilst that was all ongoing for christ's sake. In this case, you have someone who is clearly skilled and is obviously being punished arbitrarily, I doubt it's going to stop someone else picking her up.

The fact that Fearn returned does rather suggest that something else happened behind the scenes.

As you admit yourself, if something else did happen behind the scenes then clubs will rather wait and find out the full story of exactly why she is being marginalized before hiring her. On the surface it does seem that she is being punished arbitrarily but we obviously don't know the full story. Ambramovich has been notoriously cautious about any incident that damages clubs reputation in recent years so I can't help but feel that their is another side to this story that we haven't heard.

Also the woman becoming CEO of reddit is really an isolated case. Most companies would shy away from hiring someone who is involved in a high profile battle against an international organisation where damaging allegations against her might very well resurface now that she is has gone the legal route. I am sure Eva Carneiro is skilled but unless she has found a cure for cancer, it's just unnecessary attention that comes with hiring her that a company would rather not have at the moment

Indeed and from the outset, she looks like she has an extremely solid case judging by the number of official bodies weighing in on her behalf.

Jon Fearn didn't get demoted. she did.

She hasnt been reinstated or had her official title back, so clearly they havent tried to settle this amicably. As it states, all she wants is her original place back.

Doesn't matter what the resources are. If she has a cast iron case, she'll win. If anything, Chelsea having more money would increase the payout she gets.

The club is on a hiding to nothing, and all self inflicted.

So rather than think the club screwed up, suddenly she must have done something wrong?

Chelsea pandered to Jose's ego and thought it would go away, and it hasn't. Now they need to react fast.

Carniero did her job and got punished for it. The only way to "settle" is undoing that punishment.

Last edited:
Back