The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
At first I thought Pep wouldn't fit at Chelsea after Mourinho, because of the different playstyles (wanted to say philosophys, but you're probably sick of that word already). But then I started thinking about your first team players and the only change you might need are some fast CB's and you would fit Guardiola perfectly imo. Probably better than Simeone.

More often than not though that translated into dire games of football though they rarely went without some contentious incident.

Little Louis' 'goal' was so funny as we could plainly see it wasn't a goal in the ground. Jose has hated us with a passion ever since. What always amuses me is every time he brings it up (which is everytime we meet more often than not) nobody ever say's to him 'what would you rather have? A goal down that wasn't with a full compliment of players and 86 minutes to come back? Or facing a penalty, down to 10 men with Cech sent off and Hillario in goal after only 4 minutes?' which the ref. has subsequently said he'd of done had the lino not awarded the goal. He conveniently forgets a shockingly gutless challenge from Lampard that season from behind on Alonso the league game at Anfield that season that went unpunished and cost Xabi months and a League Cup final place agasint Chelsea. Or a couple of stonewall penalties not given L'pool's way those Lge. games as he fixates on the 'ghost goal.' It's utterly awesome it narks him SO much ha ha.

Main thing I remember from that game was deep in injury time, after some Spanish knobs had held up play protesting for Greenpeace or some ****; and Gudjohnson who'd been scoring for fun that year having the ball fall to him the area and hitting this cross shot inches wide with Carragher contorting his body to get out the way. (Had it hit him it would surely of deflected in.). Their was just this collective few seconds of silence as everyones breath stopped then a big '******* ****! How'd he miss THAT?' release.

Klopp needs to ask Mourinho how Istanbul was for him Sat'day and sit back and watch him erupt lol.

Was a young lad back then so can't quite remember accurately but I wouldn't be surprised at all. Then again karma has a strange way of biting back. During THAT game at Anfield in 13/14 when Liverpool lost to Chelsea and subsequently ceded the title, guess who was being paraded around the pitch at half time. If you guessed Luis Garcia, you are absolutely right :P

At first I thought Pep wouldn't fit at Chelsea after Mourinho, because of the different playstyles (wanted to say philosophys, but you're probably sick of that word already). But then I started thinking about your first team players and the only change you might need are some fast CB's and you would fit Guardiola perfectly imo. Probably better than Simeone.

They need to sell Diego Costa and few other players though.

I doubt we'd need to sell Costa if Pep arrived. I think Guardiola would like him to be honest.

Sample size is small but all the strikers played for Pep were technically excellent, Costa is more suited for Jose' style.

Sample size is small but all the strikers played for Pep were technically excellent, Costa is more suited for Jose' style.

Yes, he's generally more suited to Jose's 'style' but he can adapt and Costa isn't that bad technically, he's not brilliant either but technique is something players can always work on.

Should have a FM-base fan gathering ;)would be interesting us lot on the lash

They can be good craic but you need to think of 'rivalries' that have built up on a forum if alcohol is involved.
I went to a forum meet of one I was a member of years ago and ended up boxing the head off a member who had trolled me from behind a keyboard for years (German lager, Jim Beam and trolls don't mix).

We actually should, somewhere central like Birmingham or something!

Euro 2016 next year isn't it? Find a day with some decent matches and go on a pub crawl

I would be up for something like that for sure! It would be good to meet some of you guys face to face!

They can be good craic but you need to think of 'rivalries' that have built up on a forum if alcohol is involved.
I went to a forum meet of one I was a member of years ago and ended up boxing the head off a member who had trolled me from behind a keyboard for years (German lager, Jim Beam and trolls don't mix).

I would like to think people can be grown up enough to forget petty internet squabbles, and tbf a meet and a **** up is always a good air clearer.

I would like to think people can be grown up enough to forget petty internet squabbles, and tbf a meet and a **** up is always a good air clearer.

As I said, it was years ago when I was young.
Problem is, there are an awful lot of younger members on here.

Hahahaha, I hope I've never annoyed Anthony then....

I would be up for something like that for sure! It would be good to meet some of you guys face to face!

Ideal, maybe I'll make a new thread some time to see how many people are keen. Just get trains to Birmingham and book a cheap travel lodge room, meet somewhere with decent screens, could be a good laugh I think

Anyway, uhhh, Chelsea need to win some games or something.

Ideal, maybe I'll make a new thread some time to see how many people are keen. Just get trains to Birmingham and book a cheap travel lodge room, meet somewhere with decent screens, could be a good laugh I think

Anyway, uhhh, Chelsea need to win some games or something.

Haha yeah they do!

and yeah lets make a thread once the draws made!

Sounds like really bad luck.

I strolled all over the country in my young days, meeting random people from the internet for beers, never had a bad experience. One guy let me and my GF crash in his apartment for 2 days after seeing me first day in his life. This was before webcams were a thing.

The most "extreme" thing I had happen was a meeting of video game nerds for a clan that I was running back in early 2000s. Suddenly some random, visibly intoxicated chicks sit down with our group in a pub, and these dudes just continue conversation about Diablo 2 setups or whatever. The lasses blasted off so fast, you couldn't do that in an Iron Man suit.

Ah jaysus... I'm an old man now.
The meet would be great I'm sure and I'd love to get a cheap flight over on Ryanair.
One thing that always struck me about this forum is the lack of real trolls. Everybody seems to get on well and it doesn't have the muppet element that an awful lot of forums do.

Maybe it's a testament to decent football fans?

We actually should, somewhere central like Birmingham or something!

Euro 2016 next year isn't it? Find a day with some decent matches and go on a pub crawl

Would imagine it would be a small meet as there seems to be far more foreign regulars than British on these here boards.

Back