The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
We'll probably beat Liverpool and then lose another 3-4, till Christmas.
If Jose doesn't change this victim/everyone is against us mentality, he should go. I would love nothing more than to have him till the day he retires, but not like this. This is not football anymore, this is a ******* soap opera, and a ****** one too.

Indeed. His confrontational style is rubbing everyone the wrong way. And the worst part is, it's so much worse when things are going badly on the pitch. At least when we are winning, it's somewhat tolerable but now even CFC fans are complaining

At least he didn't do the post-match conference yesterday. I was genuinely dreading that after everything that went on in the game

Sad part is that we actually played alright yesterday. Nothing destroys the confidence more than knowing you played well but still lost

Matic should hang his head in shame for yesterday. He let the club down just when it needed him the most

All the talk of "but who would we replace him with?" kind of misses the fact that sometimes change itself is one of the big things that a new managerial appointment brings. Look at Dortmund and BMG this year, both clubs that just needed things to change so that they could move on. I'm not saying we should get rid of Jose, but we shouldn't necessarily dismiss the idea either. If, at the end of the season things have not picked up, it might be the best thing for everyone if he moves on. He could do with a holiday tbh.

I
All the talk of "but who would we replace him with?" kind of misses the fact that sometimes change itself is one of the big things that a new managerial appointment brings. Look at Dortmund and BMG this year, both clubs that just needed things to change so that they could move on. I'm not saying we should get rid of Jose, but we shouldn't necessarily dismiss the idea either. If, at the end of the season things have not picked up, it might be the best thing for everyone if he moves on. He could do with a holiday tbh.

But then the same cycle repeats itself. New guy comes in, we win and all is good but as soon as we hit another rough patch, the fans start calling for his head. Repeat same process

If we as a fan base want to enjoy the unprecedented levels of stability and success that SAF brought to united, we just have to learn how to deal with these ups and downs

Only two things will make me seriously consider sacking Jose. Either A) He doesn't change his confrontational style before the season ends. Seriously it isn't sustainable or B)We don't get into the Top 4. Also he seriously needs to grow a pair and start investing in the youth. What happened to RLC's 'run of games'? Maybe it's time to stop turning to established players like Fabregas and Ivanovic repeatedly when they are just letting you down the entire season

Its kind of hard to talk about "stability", when your manager is busy barging into ref room, fighting with doctors, developing absolutely bizzare obsessions with Wenger or refusing to speak with the press. Can't have stability with unstable person in charge.

If it was just results, the idea to sack him would'nt even cross my mind. I hate when people get sacked mid-season. But results + what's going on off the pitch, that's the real red flag.

I

But then the same cycle repeats itself. New guy comes in, we win and all is good but as soon as we hit another rough patch, the fans start calling for his head. Repeat same process

If we as a fan base want to enjoy the unprecedented levels of stability and success that SAF brought to united, we just have to learn how to deal with these ups and downs

Only two things will make me seriously consider sacking Jose. Either A) He doesn't change his confrontational style before the season ends. Seriously it isn't sustainable or B)We don't get into the Top 4. Also he seriously needs to grow a pair and start investing in the youth. What happened to RLC's 'run of games'? Maybe it's time to stop turning to established players like Fabregas and Ivanovic repeatedly when they are just letting you down the entire season

That's sort of how it works though. Manager comes in, does well, hit bad spot, turns it around and goes back to step b, or gets fired. It's really just a scale of how long your patience is.

We're not getting the Ferguson legacy either, no one is really. It's just not something you're really going to see in the modern game outside 2/3 clubs worldwide. If we did go for it, Jose is not the man I would want heading it up.

That's sort of how it works though. Manager comes in, does well, hit bad spot, turns it around and goes back to step b, or gets fired. It's really just a scale of how long your patience is.

We're not getting the Ferguson legacy either, no one is really. It's just not something you're really going to see in the modern game outside 2/3 clubs worldwide. If we did go for it, Jose is not the man I would want heading it up.

Then who would you pick to lead it Subtle? Because everyone is tired of the managerial merry go-round. I am loath to sack Mourinho just so that we can hire an interim and start blowing Pep in the intervening period before he snubs us to go to United or City. Then we repeat the same process again

If we are going to sack Mourinho, then we have to make sure we got a proper replacement lined up that we can trust to lead the club for a prolonged period. Otherwise we are better off keeping him

4 papers running with the story that Ambramovich is completely frustrated with Mourinho's antics. Can't blame him either. He didnt spend billions building this club only to have it's image dragged through the mud every other week. I just hope he doesn't sack Mourinho in haste though

Anyways seriously for arguments sake, who would you pick to lead Chelsea for the next decade if you could?

I assume Pep is everyone's first choice but he will be supremely hard to get so I'll keep him off the table. My personal choice would be someone like Diego Simeone

Anyways seriously for arguments sake, who would you pick to lead Chelsea for the next decade if you could?

I assume Pep is everyone's first choice but he will be supremely hard to get so I'll keep him off the table. My personal choice would be someone like Diego Simeone

Agreed Diego Simeone is tailor made for Chelsea, I love the man and have some mad love for Atletico though so wouldn't want to see him go. But yes he would be perfect for you guys, also not scared of giving youth a chance either when you look at the likes of Carrasco, Saul etc all being given chances would be good for your academy too.

If Mourinho gets the sack then there's only three managers in world football I'd want instead of Mourinho and they're Pep, Simeone or Ancelotti.

Agreed Diego Simeone is tailor made for Chelsea, I love the man and have some mad love for Atletico though so wouldn't want to see him go. But yes he would be perfect for you guys, also not scared of giving youth a chance either when you look at the likes of Carrasco, Saul etc all being given chances would be good for your academy too.

I think that's what we are really missing. A manager who is willing to put faith in the youth. We have absolutely dominated the youth scene in England for the past few years yet not a single youngster has established himself in the first team. A lot of that had to with the the managerial merry go round. But it's not helped by how Mourinho keeps sticking with established players who let the club down instead of giving hungry youngsters their chance

It's one of the things that I admire LVG for actually. Man may be a **** but he has the balls to give youth their chance. It's something Ambramovich is desperate to see as well

If Mourinho gets the sack then there's only three managers in world football I'd want instead of Mourinho and they're Pep, Simeone or Ancelotti.

Pep or Simeone for me. I love Ancelloti as much as the next man but his league record is just not good enough considering some of the squads he has managed. Certainly not as a long term option for sure

Honestly I just hope for some peace now. I defend the club as much as anyone but there have been too many controversies this season. 90% of the rubbish that has happened off the pitch could have easily been avoided and that would probably have aided results on the pitch as well

Are we looking forward to next Sat'day mornings draw?

This could well be more boring than a Benetiz/ Mourinho snooze fest the current form of both sides.

I think that's what we are really missing. A manager who is willing to put faith in the youth. We have absolutely dominated the youth scene in England for the past few years yet not a single youngster has established himself in the first team. A lot of that had to with the the managerial merry go round. But it's not helped by how Mourinho keeps sticking with established players who let the club down instead of giving hungry youngsters their chance.

Yeah, that is the annoying thing with Mourinho. As much as I like Stones do we really need to/attempt to splash £40m on him when we could just give Christensen the chance instead? I've watched a lot of him at M​onchengladbach this season and ever since Lucien Favre resigned he's been really impressive.

Pep or Simeone for me. I love Ancelloti as much as the next man but his league record is just not good enough considering some of the squads he has managed. Certainly not as a long term option for sure

Oh, without a doubt. Ancelotti would be my third choice behind Pep and Simeone but even then if it was a choice between Jose or Carlo, Mourinho would win every time.

Last edited:

This could well be more boring than a Benetiz/ Mourinho snooze fest the current form of both sides.

Trust me, nothing's boring at the moment when Chelsea are involved. Whatever points we can get I'd take.

Benitez vs Mourinho was never a snooze fest off the pitch though. It's was probably the period where we saw the fiercest rivalry between Chelsea and Liverpool. Great battles in the league and UCL especially. Remember the Luis Garcia ghost goal ;)

How bad or not was it yesterday la?

I was down at Shrewsbury of all places (taking advantage of a free Saturday to add to the ongoing '92 club' thing. New ground number 72 of the current English pro leagues ones ticked off the list ha ha); so heard and have seen nottin' of it.

If you ever get down to Hereford mate give me a shout and we will go for a beer!

Anyway, if Pep came in straight after Jose I think Mourinho would probably implode lol

Last edited:
Benitez vs Mourinho was never a snooze fest off the pitch though. It's was probably the period where we saw the fiercest rivalry between Chelsea and Liverpool. Great battles in the league and UCL especially. Remember the Luis Garcia ghost goal ;)

More often than not though that translated into dire games of football though they rarely went without some contentious incident.

Little Luis' 'goal' was so funny as we could plainly see it wasn't a goal in the ground. Jose has hated us with a passion ever since. What always amuses me is every time he brings it up (which is everytime we meet more often than not) nobody ever say's to him 'what would you rather have? A goal down that wasn't with a full compliment of players and 86 minutes to come back? Or facing a penalty, down to 10 men with Cech sent off and Hillario in goal after only 4 minutes?' which the ref. has subsequently said he'd of done had the lino not awarded the goal. He conveniently forgets a shockingly gutless challenge from Lampard that season from behind on Alonso the league game at Anfield that season that went unpunished and cost Xabi months and a League Cup final place agasint Chelsea. Or a couple of stonewall penalties not given L'pool's way those Lge. games as he fixates on the 'ghost goal.' It's utterly awesome it narks him SO much ha ha.

Main thing I remember from that game was deep in injury time, after some Spanish knobs had held up play protesting for Greenpeace or some ****; and Gudjohnson who'd been scoring for fun that year having the ball fall to him the area and hitting this cross shot inches wide with Carragher contorting his body to get out the way. (Had it hit him it would surely of deflected in.). Their was just this collective few seconds of silence as everyones breath stopped then a big '******* ****! How'd he miss THAT?' release.

Klopp needs to ask Mourinho how Istanbul was for him Sat'day and sit back and watch him erupt lol.

Last edited:
Back