The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
More importantly, glory days will come again and soon. Just got to roll with the punches and dream about the next time this will happen.

[video=youtube;j12f9n9ZAWI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j12f9n9ZAWI[/video]

~[video=youtube;fIlg9c6OJRU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIlg9c6OJRU[/video]

Still got it too

I think it's less the results and more everything else. He has certainly lost swathes of the dressing room. His advisors have been sounding out PSG, so they know how close it is right now. Can go either way right now.

don't think its a coincidence things got even worse after Carneiro was dealt with badly. Never goes well to attack a well liked member of staff for no reason

The only problem is who do we get? Hiddink to see out the season before blowing Pep or Simeone in the summer big time?

I have fond memories of Hiddink but I am genuinely scared after watching him implode completely with the Dutch team. Maybe try and temp the Interim One back from Madrid? :P

Thinking about it though, Pep could possibly be tempted by the players he will have at Chelsea ...

He will probably adore players like Oscar and Willian and of course Pedro. Hazard will obviously have a key role. Fabregas is here as well.

He could possibly be tempted if Roman promises him cash to bring in a few more players and of course London is a huge pull

Its not like there's lack of seasoned managers out there. Hiddink or Capello until end of season, then you can secure long term option.

Its not like there's lack of seasoned managers out there. Hiddink or Capello until end of season, then you can secure long term option.

Aye Capello is a option as well although I really don't think our squad will gel to him much. We need some some of the suave and more relaxed atmosphere that Hiddink will bring

Anyways if we are going to sack Jose for results, don't shoot arrows in the dark. Make sure we get a firm yes from either Simeone or Pep for next season. Otherwise we will just be ******* ourselves

At this point, all you can do is laugh really. Roll on Liverpool. Not beating us in this type of form and with this type of luck should be a sackable offense for Klopp

Hate playing teams in a bad run of form. The amount of times we've ended those the last couple of decades you wouldn't believe.

Gonna' be a battle and a half Sat'day and I'd edge for the L'pool special 1-1. Even more so with Origi the only available forward again.

Aye Capello is a option as well although I really don't think our squad will gel to him much.

Why not? Capello fell on his sword trying to protect Terry.

That would go a long way to buy him some good will in the squad, I imagine.

Why not? Capello fell on his sword trying to protect Terry.

That would go a long way to buy him some good will in the squad, I imagine.

Put it this way, if the players really are completely exhausted mentally from Mourinho's regime then imagine bringing in the harsh, aloof disciplinarian Capello into the fold right afterwards

Put it this way, if the players really are completely exhausted mentally from Mourinho's regime then imagine bringing in the harsh, aloof disciplinarian Capello into the fold right afterwards

Hiddink is just as much of a disciplinarian. I honestly don't think it matters that much, not for a short term replacement. They'd know its just temporary.

What you need is seasoned manager who can prepare well for games, grind results, stay out of the media and not be afraid to bench people who are out of form. Sort of like Rafa was. You can worry about the style of management later.

Hiddink is just as much of a disciplinarian. I honestly don't think it matters that much, not for a short term replacement. They'd know its just temporary.

What you need is seasoned manager who can prepare well for games, grind results, stay out of the media and not be afraid to bench people who are out of form. Sort of like Rafa was. You can worry about the style of management later.

Hiddink is definitely on the more personable side though. Plus he knows the club well and has achieved success here. IF we sack Mourinho then on the balance of evidence, I would probably pump for him as a short-term option

Hiddink is definitely on the more personable side though. Plus he knows the club well and has achieved success here. IF we sack Mourinho then on the balance of evidence, I would probably pump for him as a short-term option

Yeah, Hiddink would be preferable for obvious reasons.

He still needs to get until the end of the season. Go balls deep in Jan, give him the transfers he actually wanted and see what happens. Sacking him after half a season after we didn't invest in the squad would be madness.

He still needs to get until the end of the season. Go balls deep in Jan, give him the transfers he actually wanted and see what happens. Sacking him after half a season after we didn't invest in the squad would be madness.

As I said before, I dont think its about the results, as much as it is the atmosphere. The relationship with Hazard is key.

The perfect Sat'day would be to beat yers and be back over Euston watching the rugby final waiting for the train home hearing he'd been sacked.

But surely the rumours can't be true and Abramovich wouldn't jump so fast would he? Surely not?

Sacking him after half a season after we didn't invest in the squad would be madness.

That's a seriously weird thing to say. He's not there for half a season, he's there for 2.5 seasons. The squad wasn't just dumped on him, he build it and he had countless millions to do it.

Maybe if he didn't waste so much time buying people only to sell them 6 months later, he wouldn't be stuck in a limbo this summer. People keep praising all the Salahs, KDBs and Schurrles as "good business", but its in fact really ******* weird to have such high turnover.

He wants Griezman, Stones and Pogba as major targets. We can go as deep as we like, they won't come in January. He has to get the best out of what he has

That's a seriously weird thing to say. He's not there for half a season, he's there for 2.5 seasons. The squad wasn't just dumped on him, he build it and he had countless millions to do it.

Maybe if he didn't waste so much time buying people only to sell them 6 months later, he wouldn't be stuck in a limbo this summer. People keep praising all the Salahs, KDBs and Schurrles as "good business", but its in fact really ******* weird to have such high turnover.

But it was good business? Salah seems to have found his level in the Serie A. Schurrle hasn't actually been that good in the Bundesliga apart from his debut game. We have already gone over KDB countless times. Jose didn't want to sell him but KDB was firm on leaving

Back