The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
So, we confident for tomorrow?

Honestly, I have a feeling that we're going to turn up and thrash you. I think you'll press high and with intensity, but the players won't be in fully synch with it yet and there'll be some turnovers that will lead to breaks. I think Hazard, Willian and Remy will get in behind you with their pace and all have great games.

But then I've had a few beers.

Honestly, I have a feeling that we're going to turn up and thrash you. I think you'll press high and with intensity, but the players won't be in fully synch with it yet and there'll be some turnovers that will lead to breaks. I think Hazard, Willian and Remy will get in behind you with their pace and all have great games.

But then I've had a few beers.

Only a few?

Not really, but we can't afford to lose this game. However I expect it'll finish 1-1.

That is our desired result of choice this year ha ha.

I'm as confident going to Chelsea as I have been in a long time now we have a manager who can game plan well for you whilst also not sacrificing trying to win the game. And the way Firmino sprung to life through the week the first real time he's been played that position is real encouraging to think what he could do playing off Benteke. He looked like a classical L'pool #7 against Bournemouth and the only thing remotely top class in the 10 role we've had all year. There's been noticeable progression all 4 games to date, but until we start scoring more than 1 you're NEVER confident of holding out. One high ball out of nothing into our box, a Mingolet flap, and it's all undone.

I'll err on a 1-1 too, but this could well be 1-0 either way.

It'll be a battle and a half that's for sure.

I'm 100% certain of that. Even if you've been utter s**t all season for whatever reason Liverpool always up their game against us.

Uh huh.

And if there's one game Mourinho wants to win, it's against us. Had to laugh recently when folk were vainly trying to defend our tactics two years ago (the Gerrard 'slip' game), and throwing up the changes Jose made. He still had you as fired up if not more as any other game that season as he always does against us. Since the 'Ghost Goal', he hates us with a frigging passion.

If it ever gets to the point where Chelsea players aren't fighting tooth and nail against L'pool, then you know it's the point he has actually lost the team.

As we discussed a bit back, lot of outside people don't understand the depth of (ill) feeling between the two clubs on and off the pitch.

Last edited:
Uh huh.

And if there's one game Mourinho wants to win, it's against us. Had to laugh recently when folk were vainly trying to defend our tactics two years ago (the Gerrard 'slip' game), and throwing up the changes Jose made. He still had you as fired up if not more as any other game that season as he always does against us. Since the 'Ghost Goal', he hates us with a frigging passion.

If it ever gets to the point where Chelsea players aren't fighting tooth and nail against L'pool, then you know it's the point he has actually lost the team.

As we discussed a bit back, lot of outside people don't understand the depth of (ill) feeling between the two clubs on and off the pitch.

Mourinho's not the only one. The whole 'Ghost goal' incident just elevated my pure hatred for that club, and if there's one Premier League fixture that I want to see Chelsea win above all else, it's against Liverpool.

I was just looking at our previous Premier League encounters with one another, and that says everything you need to know about this fixture to be honest. The vast majority finished either 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 2-0, 2-1 or 2-2, the only stand out result in the league over the past five-years was Liverpool's 4-1 win at Anfield in 2012.

With the form Chelsea is in, anything less than a win will be disappointing for Liverpool

With the form Chelsea is in, anything less than a win will be disappointing for Liverpool

Disagree. The new manager is about to manage his third premier league game and you expect Liverpool to get a win away to the current champions?

Things surely aren't this bad at Chelsea.. are they?!

Chelsea should win this game. Liverpool are very average team with mini injury crisis. Chelsea are not playing at their level this season but the performances have improved in the last 2-3 games, especially with 10 men against West Ham. At home against Liverpool, they should be fired up.

Both Matic and Fabregas dropped. Thought Fabregas was sure starter considering he is the only creative midfielder in the team.

Both Matic and Fabregas dropped. Thought Fabregas was sure starter considering he is the only creative midfielder in the team.

It's understandable. Both Mikel and Ramires have been playing well of late, whereas Fabregas and Matic have been poor IMO.

This is Mikel's 10th season at Chelsea and he is just 28 years old. How he survived so many years at Chelsea is beyond me considering Chelsea are very quick to offload under performing players.

It's understandable. Both Mikel and Ramires have been playing well of late, whereas Fabregas and Matic have been poor IMO.

I agree about Ramires but I don't see what Mikel offers to the team and Fabregas is the only midfielder who picks up the runs behind defense.

I don't remember which game but Fabregas was played deeper in the second half with Matic subbed off, he was pinging superb passes from deep. I think it was against Newcastle.

This is Mikel's 10th season at Chelsea and he is just 28 years old. How he survived so many years at Chelsea is beyond me considering Chelsea are very quick to offload under performing players.

I'm certainly not his biggest fan, but Mikel does a job.

I agree about Ramires but I don't see what Mikel offers to the team and Fabregas is the only midfielder who picks up the runs behind defense.

I don't remember which game but Fabregas was played deeper in the second half with Matic subbed off, he was pinging superb passes from deep. I think it was against Newcastle.

Yes, Mikel doesn't offer us much but as I've said he does a job and he's one of the few players that Mourinho can rely upon at the moment. John Obi put in two good performances against West Ham and Stoke, he certainly deserves this start ahead of Fabregas/Matic IMO.

He was doing it because Newcastle sat back deep and gave him all the space in the world. The biggest problem is that he doesn't cope very well with eternal pressure, and when Hazard isn't performing and we have no other creativity in the team, the opposition has no reason not to press the ever loving **** out of him. That's why changing his position by bringing him into the AM slot doesn't really work as the player that inevitably replaces him in the pivot isn't a creative one.

Worse still is the fact that when he does play pivot he needs to keep tight to opposition threats to ensure that Matic isn't the only one closing down, when he would be much better finding space. It's the same problem we had with Mata. Honestly, until we sign a CM who can cope with the pressure and create, or a really threatening AM, it will continue to happen and he will continue to look bad. People can talk about the January slump all they like, but he's still having the exact same problems, and the fact that it started in January is nothing to do with stamina and everything to do with changes after the Tottenham result.

Indeed. Mikel is a very average player. Only positive is that he doesn't complain about being on the bench and can do a job if need be which is why he has survived so long

Back