The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Have to admit that the refereeing today could have so easily gone the other way, Liverpool definitely got the rub of the green

Sure, Lucas could've gotten a second yellow, but Costa could easily have gotten a red. Surprised he didn't even get a yellow, plain to see what he was doing.

Sure, Lucas could've gotten a second yellow, but Costa could easily have gotten a red. Surprised he didn't even get a yellow, plain to see what he was doing.

Agree with that for sure, might get another retrospective ban because that was a nasty kick. And I do think we were the better side and deserved to win, but I sympathise with Chelsea because it could easily have swung their way on a couple of decisions

Agree with that for sure, might get another retrospective ban because that was a nasty kick. And I do think we were the better side and deserved to win, but I sympathise with Chelsea because it could easily have swung their way on a couple of decisions

Honestly if Costa gets a retrospective ban for that then I give up.

IDK man. Shocking defense, very blunt in attack, almost no movement from the midfield, poor passing, relatively poor pressing, very little effective width. I thought we were much worse today than last week. First 10 was good and then we seemed to just fall back into the same old issues.

To sum it up... You know things are bad when Liverpool score two or more against you.

I don't think Clattenburg saw it. There'd have been at least a free kick if he'd seen it.

He definitely saw it IMO. Clattenburg rushed over to make sure nothing happened, and IIRC there was a free-kick for something because play stopped.

That post match press conference was hilarious. Nothing for press to write about.

He definitely saw it IMO. Clattenburg rushed over to make sure nothing happened, and IIRC there was a free-kick for something because play stopped.

Skrtel got a free kick for the initial challenge I think, a bit unsure if he saw the kick but the way he rushed over suggested he did. Couldn't care less about it right now tbh, I'm on a high.

Even a Top 4 place is in serious serious danger now. I see two options. Either we sack Jose right now and get a seasoned manager like Hiddink in to get us Top 4 and set the platform for Pep or Simeone next season. Or we literally empty the bank in January and offer ridiculous wages to get some players and make a late push

Either way, we can't simply go on like this. I am starting to think we may never win a game again

Players can pay as much lip service as they want to the media but it's obvious he has lost the dressing room. He is not even playing to the strengths of our squad. He is trying to grind out results but it isn't working at all. The attacking players just look dillusionised out there

IDK man. Shocking defense, very blunt in attack, almost no movement from the midfield, poor passing, relatively poor pressing, very little effective width. I thought we were much worse today than last week. First 10 was good and then we seemed to just fall back into the same old issues.

Agree with this completely. Players are scared shitless on the pitch at the moment. It probably has to do a lot with Jose's tactics. He probably drilling them to stay compact and tight and they are scared that if they make a wrong decision and **** up, they will concede. Their solution basically is to stop making any decisions altogether

We have been playing scared since the start of the year. That's why we lost to PSG in CL and have such a horrible start. Where is the swagger of champions gone?

Players can pay as much lip service as they want to the media but it's obvious he has lost the dressing room. He is not even playing to the strengths of our squad. He is trying to grind out results but it isn't working at all. The attacking players just look dillusionised out there

This wasn't great at the start and got worse ever since Carniero.

Skrtel got a free kick for the initial challenge I think, a bit unsure if he saw the kick but the way he rushed over suggested he did. Couldn't care less about it right now tbh, I'm on a high.

It didn't bother me until I saw just Mourinho's post-match for the BBC. Moaning that Lucas should've gone a second yellow, meanwhile his star man Costa is going around assaulting people every week.

Even a Top 4 place is in serious serious danger now. I see two options. Either we sack Jose right now and get a seasoned manager like Hiddink in to get us Top 4 and set the platform for Pep or Simeone next season. Or we literally empty the bank in January and offer ridiculous wages to get some players and make a late push

Either way, we can't simply go on like this. I am starting to think we may never win a game again

Walking back to Earles Court after the match (does anyone seriously use Fulham Broadway after and the carnage getting in there?); it was quite amusing listening to your lads. All behind Jose, but all talking about being in a relegation battle/ the need for a complete squad overhaul/ the possibility of going from Champions to being relegated in a season.

Absolute boneheaded, reactionary hilarity. You might be ***** currently and getting worse by the week, but you're in ZERO danger of being in a relegation scrap.

All behind Jose, but all talking about being in a relegation battle/ the need for a complete squad overhaul/ the possibility of going from Champions to being relegated in a season.

They might in fact need complete squad overhaul if Mourinho stays in the job. Depends on how would you explain what's currently going on.

To me it starts to look like Benitez in Inter 2.0. A team so mentally and physically exhausted it just needs to be rebuild almost from scratch. A lot of **** has been said about Rafa sinking down treble winning team, but the fact is, Inter went through bunch of managers after Mourinho and, bar Zanetti who isn't even human, none of the remaining treble players ever looked as good, ever again. They were so burned out they were basically done.

Back