The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
They might in fact need complete squad overhaul if Mourinho stays in the job. Depends on how would you explain what's currently going on.

To me it starts to look like Benitez in Inter 2.0. A team so mentally and physically exhausted it just needs to be rebuild almost from scratch. A lot of **** has been said about Rafa sinking down treble winning team, but the fact is, Inter went through bunch of managers after Mourinho and, bar Zanetti who isn't even human, none of the remaining treble players ever looked as good, ever again. They were so burned out they were basically done.

I actually think Mourinho should just go **** it, go back to the attacking football from first half of last season. Let the players off the lead and go for the throat, this defensive **** isn't working just be proactive and go on the attack its working for Leicester.

I actually think Mourinho should just go **** it, go back to the attacking football from first half of last season. Let the players off the lead and go for the throat, this defensive **** isn't working just be proactive and go on the attack its working for Leicester.

Yep. We might get smashed but at least we will have fun watching for 90 minutes. Right now I am getting utterly bored to **** with this and we are still losing

They might in fact need complete squad overhaul if Mourinho stays in the job. Depends on how would you explain what's currently going on.

To me it starts to look like Benitez in Inter 2.0. A team so mentally and physically exhausted it just needs to be rebuild almost from scratch. A lot of **** has been said about Rafa sinking down treble winning team, but the fact is, Inter went through bunch of managers after Mourinho and, bar Zanetti who isn't even human, none of the remaining treble players ever looked as good, ever again. They were so burned out they were basically done.

I think they are exhausted with his tactics that have completely stifled their style of play. He is doing all he can to grind out results and it isn't working. It's high time to release the shackles and let them play their game and express themselves fully. I guarentee the smiles will return to their faces after that

Apparently Guardiola is in advanced talks with City. This could turn out very very badly for us at the end of the season. Glad I am not the one making the decisions ...

Apparently Guardiola is in advanced talks with City. This could turn out very very badly for us at the end of the season. Glad I am not the one making the decisions ...

Another reason why it was so imperative to sound both Ancelotti and Klopp out the summer.

We're now set at manager where as none of the other 4 are the next few years potentially with little top bracket names out there with other major clubs also in the mix from outside England. Pep goes, Bayern are in need. Milan are gonna' offer Ancelotti the World. Etc etc.

Still think you'd be foolish to can him. Even with your horrific turn in form this year, I can't see you being anything worse than a top 6 side come the season's end. And haven't discounted Chelsea out at all from the top 4.

Another reason why it was so imperative to sound both Ancelotti and Klopp out the summer.

We're now set at manager where as none of the other 4 are the next few years potentially with little top bracket names out there with other major clubs also in the mix from outside England. Pep goes, Bayern are in need. Milan are gonna' offer Ancelotti the World. Etc etc.

You're reading way too much into it. The older generation of managers goes, but new people will take their place. Its a normal process that occurs in sports, there's no "if we don't lock down Ancelotti we're ******".

With Klopp it was a bit different for you, because Liverpool don't really have that ability to secure the hottest names. The richest clubs, though? They'll be fine. Barca is mostly hiring unproven managers from their own ranks for last 20 years, and they're doing just fine.

Its a bit like with goalkeepers, you never really know who's a big club material until they actually land in a big club. Begovic was considered a mid-table goalkeeper, he wouldn't even start if it wasn't for injury, but once he got his chance he's killing it in every game.

There is a world outside Ancelotti, Klopp, Pep, Jose. Football is just boring with all these rotations, there are managers who have done well and can bring lot of fresh ideas than the same old boring ****.

For example, Simeone out of nowhere just made Atletico the team they are today. From team of bottlers and easy 6 points to Real Madrid TO team with bigger balls and making Madrid **** in their pants.

Unai Emery won back to back Europa leagues.

Liverpool did really well to get Klopp but there are lot of talented managers out there.

You're reading way too much into it. The older generation of managers goes, but new people will take their place. Its a normal process that occurs in sports, there's no "if we don't lock down Ancelotti we're ******".

With Klopp it was a bit different for you, because Liverpool don't really have that ability to secure the hottest names. The richest clubs, though? They'll be fine. Barca is mostly hiring unproven managers from their own ranks for last 20 years, and they're doing just fine.

Its a bit like with goalkeepers, you never really know who's a big club material until they actually land in a big club. Begovic was considered a mid-table goalkeeper, he wouldn't even start if it wasn't for injury, but once he got his chance he's killing it in every game.

Ha ha.. Posted almost same post at the same time.

I agree. Older generation goes and the football evolves. If not clubs would be fighting for Capello, Lippi, trapattoni.

There is a world outside Ancelotti, Klopp, Pep, Jose. Football is just boring with all these rotations, there are managers who have done well and can bring lot of fresh ideas than the same old boring ****.....

I agree and there's always been managers that deserved a chance at the very top.

But more often than not the likes of Emery very rarely get that chance at the major clubs. It just is what it is and the bigger clubs who are in a constant 'win now' mode go for proven experience the majority of the time.

Total, if related, aside. I'd hate to be managed by Simeone the same way I hated being bored shitless most weeks by Benitez. It's effective and get's results. No question he's done a fantastic job at Atletico. But it's pretty darn tedious to watch the majority of the time.

BBC 5 live Sport@5liveSport 2h2 hours ago

Now that's worrying for Jose. If it's just one player then not an issue (unless he is Eden Hazard), if that's the sentiments of majority then it's no way back.

If he has lost the dressing room then it's pretty much over. That's why I say we should find out and move fast. Either we trust him to do the job and pray hard he leads a recovery. Or if he really has lost the dressing room, we appoint a seasoned manager to get us Top 4 and secure a superb replacement pronto before they are snapped up by other clubs

I agree and there's always been managers that deserved a chance at the very top.

But more often than not the likes of Emery very rarely get that chance at the major clubs. It just is what it is and the bigger clubs who are in a constant 'win now' mode go for proven experience the majority of the time.

Not true

Chelsea appointed AVB when he only had one season worth of experience. United appointed Moyes despite the fact he never won anything. Barecelona appointed Enrique even though he mostly failed everywhere he went before landing at Barcelona. Juventus appointed Conte even though he didn't do much of anything either. Arsenal appointed Wenger when he was managing in ****** Japan

And of course the biggest club of them all, Liverpool, appointed Brendan Rodgers

Some appointments worked out. Other didn't. Point is that big clubs are always willing to give a chance to up and coming talented managers

Alcaraz man, they're the exceptions to the norm and you know it.

The chances of Chelsea going from Mourinho to an unproven manager after AVB; or Utd going from Van Gaal back to an unproven, lesser name after Moyes for example are very, very slim.

Last edited:
BTW, whomever this 'unnamed' Chelsea player is an absolute shithouse who needs weeding out of the club.

Total, if related, aside. I'd hate to be managed by Simeone the same way I hated being bored shitless most weeks by Benitez. It's effective and get's results. No question he's done a fantastic job at Atletico. But it's pretty darn tedious to watch the majority of the time.
ts
Not really. There are only very few top class managers who have won them all but there are few more bigger clubs. Clubs take risks, thing is they rarely give managerial debuts but when they prove they have winning mentality and tactically sound they will get chances.

Jose also started from the bottom to reach top level. IIRC only Pep started at massive club and others worked from smaller clubs to reach top.

Re Simeone, tell that to Atletico Madrid fans who were nothing but disappointed year in year out, losing better players and bottling every big games.

If it comes to United, I don't want Simeone but I have massive respect for him.

If he has lost the dressing room then it's pretty much over. That's why I say we should find out and move fast. Either we trust him to do the job and pray hard he leads a recovery. Or if he really has lost the dressing room, we appoint a seasoned manager to get us Top 4 and secure a superb replacement pronto before they are snapped up by other clubs

Yeah, manager is done once he loses dressing room.

BTW, whomever this 'unnamed' Chelsea player is an absolute shithouse who needs weeding out of the club.

Yes... If the BBC's report is true. Unfortunately we don't know if it's the truth or just media bulls**t, but this is what the journalist who made the claim said on 5 Live.

"My information comes from a Chelsea first-team player. The information was actually passed to me by a football contact. I was told that Jose Mourinho's relationship with many of his players is at rock-bottom. I was told they're fed up with the way he's been dealing with some of them. They're fed up with his outbursts. I was told that his relationship particularly with Eden Hazard was under immense strain. Here's a staggering quote. One player said recently, "I'd rather lose than win for him". Now that last quote may well have been said in the heat of the moment, but it perhaps gives an insight into the mood of some of the players."

If the report is true and Mourinho has in fact 'lost' the dressing room, then he should go. Normally once the dressing room's gone there's no way back for the manager. But I have a feeling that this is just media bulls**t.

No question if he's lost the dressing room it's the beginning of the end.

But regardless, if that's true whomever said that is a complete shithouse and as big a problem within the camp who wants gone too.

That's story is probably fake and leaked by Mourinho himself.

In a few days he will leak another story about one of his high profile players being a rat and a traitor, and use it to build fan support for himself.

Oh wait, that sounds kind of familiar, doesn't it.

Back