The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
This has got to be worst mid season performance by reigning champion in history of football.

Fabregas should jump in the ocean or something. He is not even good enough to get into the Bournemouth team and I am not exaggerating

What was Courtois doing when Chelsea conceded? Baffled me at the time.

At this point Top 4 is gone, if Jose was smart ... He would use the rest of the season to integrate youngsters giving us a solid platform to build on in the summer and return next season where we could concentrate solely on the league without the distractions of CL football

At this point Top 4 is gone, if Jose was smart ... He would use the rest of the season to integrate youngsters giving us a solid platform to build on in the summer and return next season where we could concentrate solely on the league without the distractions of CL football
I would be surprised if Jose did that, so far in his management career whoever his managed he rarely used his youth team players. He prefers ready made professionals and buys them.

I would be surprised if Jose did that, so far in his management career whoever his managed he rarely used his youth team players. He prefers ready made professionals and buys them.

Which is the problem. I do not blame youth players for being dillusioned when we are going through the worst season in recent memory and yet he doesn't play them instead sticking with senior players like Costa and Fabregas who constantly let him down

I cannot help but think what Ancelloti might be able to achieve with our players

I think City got relegated after winning the league in 60s.

Even further back. 1936-37 they won the league. The year after, they finished second bottom and were relegated. Despite scoring the most goals in the entire league that season.

I was curious so went looking. Only time the English champions have ever gone the year after.

Even further back. 1936-37 they won the league. The year after, they finished second bottom and were relegated. Despite scoring the most goals in the entire league that season.

I was curious so went looking. Only time the English champions have ever gone the year after.

I got the year wrong. It was in 36-37 they were relegated. For some reason I always thought it was in 60s

I got the year wrong. It was in 36-37 they were relegated. For some reason I always thought it was in 60s

Honestly never thought it had happened until your post.

There's been teams come close (Leeds the very first Premiership season come instantly to mind); but I honestly never knew an English Champion had been relegated. If you'd of asked, I'd of been throwing up Italian examples and Marseille who all went from Champions to relegation for, uhmmm, 'different' reasons lol.

Last edited:
Honestly never thought it had happened until your post.

There's been teams come close (Leeds the very first Premiership season come instantly to mind); but I honestly never knew an English Champion had been relegated. If you'd of asked, I\d of been throwing up Italian and examples and Marseille who all went from Champions to relegation for, uhmmm, 'different' reasons lol.

I only read it when during Moyes tenure at United. I thought United were the worst defending champions then I read about Blackburn and City long back. Looks like Chelsea on track to beat Moyes record.

If theres a 'major fuckup' fact to be had in English football, you can bet your *** we're in with a shout.. :)

If Mourinho decides to shut up shop for the next 45min, mark my words, we will lose

Back