The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
TBF I think Pep would, too him it is all about the project and creating his team.

Said it before on here, but it's Arsenal the scares me as regards English teams with him.

The way Wenger has that club built from top to bottom is just the perfect scenario for him to step into and take on to the next level.

Guardiola at Arsenal really scares me for them coming back to serious prominence. Any of the other three not nearly as much.

And who do we get in?

Mate, at this point the manager you need is named Jean-Luc Not-Mourinho.

You're looking at not even making Europa League. You'll have no european games, and not that much of a money advantage either, because the whole league will be swimming in cash from new TV deal.

Good luck rebuilding squad in the summer with that.

You're looking at not even making Europa League. You'll have no european games, and not that much of a money advantage either, because the whole league will be swimming in cash from new TV deal.

Eh but at the end it's still a relative thing. Everyone will have cash but we will still have more cash than most. So our advantage still remains as selling clubs will just price their players higher to English clubs. I fear we will need to push back stadium plans or something I guess

Eh but at the end it's still a relative thing. Everyone will have cash but we will still have more cash than most. So our advantage still remains as selling clubs will just price their players higher to English clubs.s

1. The smaller clubs will price higher and they'll inflate the prices everywhere with their spending.
2. Barca transfer ban will be up in the summer so they'll probably go on shopping spree as well.
3. Most importantly, PL's top 4 can and will beat you to most of your targets as they please

And then there's the stadium thing, yeah. It doesn't bode well to say the least.

1. The smaller clubs will price higher and they'll inflate the prices everywhere with their spending.
2. Barca transfer ban will be up in the summer so they'll probably go on shopping spree as well.
3. Most importantly, PL's top 4 can and will beat you to most of your targets as they please

And then there's the stadium thing, yeah. It doesn't bode well to say the least.

Well what choice do we have?

The worrying trend is not Jose. It's the players as well. There is something seriously wrong. Can't always blame Jose because he has been amenable for the past few weeks in the media space

So we get in another manager. Win a trophy. And then boom, same thing will happen again

That would be horrible. After watching United play more than 50 games a season, 1 season without any European game (along with getting KOed early in the cups) means I had to wait whole week to watch us play boring **** game.

Without midweek games, football will never be the same.

Anyways with Jose finally killing his players in public, I fully expect to see the youth starting next week. Otherwise I don't give a **** what anyone says, I am not waking up at 3am to watch this lot **** around for 90min

Would really love to see Ruben Loftus-Cheek get more change to play. Drop Matic, he was so bad... Only one good header from corner.

I thought Matic was one of the only players out there who looked decent. He was all over the pitch, constantly nicking the ball and cutting out passes. Ramires on the other hand did very very little.

I'd be wary of mass droping people, to be honest. We don't know how bad situation is in the backroom, but there's obviously SOMETHING going on. If you **** key players off by droping them on top of that...well

I'd be wary of mass droping people, to be honest. We don't know how bad situation is in the backroom, but there's obviously SOMETHING going on. If you **** key players off by droping them on top of that...well

They can be ****** off as much as they like. To be going from champions to near the foot of the table in 6 months is worthy enough of being dropped. If they can't understand that then they should be shipped off as many probably will in January/Summer.

At this point with nothing to play for, I am more than happy avoiding relegation which we should do comfortably with a core of senior players who have performed or at least look like they are trying (Willian, Azpi, Courtois, Zouma, Pedro, Hazard, Matic etc.) and youngsters.

And anyways with this season already over, it would be stupid to sack Mourinho. No manager except a hybrid of Jesus and Pep Guardiola can get us to Top 4 now. Stick with Mourinho till the end. Then either give him funds to reshape the squad or sack him if we can get Pep or Simeone

And anyways with this season already over, it would be stupid to sack Mourinho. No manager except a hybrid of Jesus and Pep Guardiola can get us to Top 4 now. Stick with Mourinho till the end. Then either give him funds to reshape the squad or sack him if we can get Pep or Simeone

I see this sort of reasoning all over the internets, and I genuinely just don't understand it. The man has obviously completely lost the backroom. You don't just bounce back from that with a couple of transfers. It just doesn't happen. What are you gonna do, rebuild the entire squad? At the end, this is Chelsea FC, not Mourinho FC.

Makes one wonder just who his allies are on the board and how strong they actually are the more the defeats roll.

I still can't comprehend a scenario where Chelsea drop. But one things for **** sure, yuse are currently deep in a relegation battle. And you haven't got players used to this kind of scrap. Many more defeat's and you have to seriously wonder if Roman will step in.

He's no loyalty to anything but protecting his brand. Just waiting for Jose to try call his bluff again .....

I hope and pray that if we sacked him, we got a firm yes from either one of Guardiola, Ancelloti or Simeone for next season.

Which is highly unlikely. Sighs

Back