The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Good, needed the change. Should unite the fanbase and the players too, once everyone is done mourning him.

How great is it to be sat looking at everyone else scrambling safe in the knowledge we have the best possible man for ourselves we could of that they'd all be after now?

The tables might easily turn in a few seasons time when Klopp has a meltdown season like he did at Dortmund which for all intents and purposes was worse than the one Mourinho was having till this point in the season :P

Agreed which is unfortunate. But how many top clubs have held onto a manager for a sustained period of time these days and maintained a good relationship?

Not sure if you'd class them as a 'top club', but Dortmund and Klopp springs instantly to mind.

The only sensible thing to do. The man has clearly lost it, he already pulled the awfully familiar "there's a mole in the squad" card.

As for who will hire him next, I'm not sure if he will land another elite club that easy. He made a huge mess out of things in his 2 last jobs, and one could argue he did that in Inter too, just managed to evacuate before it all exploded.

He's still a winner and a fantastic manager. But in this day and age of football becoming global brand and sponsors pulling a lot of the strings, nobody wants an ******* as a face of the club. I think he needs to take a sabatical and take some time to relax, then hopefully come back and conquer the world again.

Last edited:
The only sensible thing to do. The man has clearly lost it, he already pulled the awfully familiar "there's a mole in the squad" card.

As for who will hire him next, I'm not sure if he will land another elite club that easy. He made a huge mess out of things in his 2 last jobs, and one could argue he did that in Inter too, just managed to evacuate before it all exploded.

He's still a winner and a fantastic manager. But in this day and age of football becoming global brand and sponsors pulling a lot of the strings, nobody wants an ******* as a face of the club. I think he needs to take a sabatical and take some time to relax, then hopefully come back and conquer the world again.

Well I could see someone like PSG taking him to elevate themselves to the top tier of clubs. After all, he is still one of the best managers around and PSG wouldn't be able to attract Guardiola at this point. Monaco are firm admirers as well. Madrid might take him because they are Madrid. He would still have options albeit not as many as he might have thought

Well I could see someone like PSG taking him to elevate themselves to the top tier of clubs. After all, he is still one of the best managers around and PSG wouldn't be able to attract Guardiola at this point. Monaco are firm admirers as well. Madrid might take him because they are Madrid. He would still have options albeit not as many as he might have thought

PSG are commited to playing attractive attacking football. You don't hire Mourinho for that. Also, firing Blanc, who's a legend of French football and doing pretty good job, would go down badly with the fans. So PSG is probably not an option.

The others are probably possible, yeah.

Yeah unite the fan base against the club and players.

That would be stupid though. He had his chance, he ****** it up, he's gone. He might be gone a little early but you can't say it wasn't somewhat deserved. So unite around the players and press on with a new start like we did with RDM.

That would be stupid though. He had his chance, he ****** it up, he's gone. He might be gone a little early but you can't say it wasn't somewhat deserved. So unite around the players and press on with a new start like we did with RDM.

Yes well unfortunately football fans are not rationale like that. 90% of the people on WAGHN still mock Rafa after all he did for us

Time to take a charge all around the Europe again and return to Chelsea as a 3rd coming of Jesus.

He had it coming, great manager who doesnt know when to stop.

And I am putting my house on Roman making an all-out last ditch attempt to hire Pep. Wouldn't be surprised if he sells his Yacht to hire him. He loves the guy

But we obviously won't get him. Simeone would be a good option in the summer if he is willing to come. Otherwise, a left field option is Unai Emery. Been following him for 4 years and he is a very good young manager who will get his chance at the top level soon enough
Does Simeone speak english?. Also would it not be a like for like replacement though, I mean Simeones team are not known for playing attacking fotty.

I think they should hire whoever ****** the fans of the most.

A rafa return or a Rodgers appointment would be brill. (H)

Ancelotti would be the perfect guy for that dressing room I believe, but I will rage if he goes there and not Milan next!

Will the money Chelsea have to pay Mourinho to end his contract come out of the next (full time) managers budget? That would be an extra kick in the bollocks!

I know that it had to happen to sack Jose Mourinho. But doesn't Roman realise that he making the club a laughing stock. Who was the last manager of the club that lasted more than three seasons at the club. Answer Glenn Hoddle just before he took England (June 93 - May 96), then got go back to the late sixties to early seventies to Dave Sexton. Throwing money at the club doesn't guarantee long-term success it be most build on and not replacing managers every two to three seasons. I know as United supporter, managers like Sir Alex Ferguson don't come long very often.

I think they should hire whoever ****** the fans of the most.

A rafa return or a Rodgers appointment would be brill. (H)

Rodgers wouldn't be the worst appointment. Will get us to play attacking football which is already better than the bollocks we have been watching this whole year

Didn't Chelsea fans say the same when Jose came back in 2013?

I don't know, probably said it would be a boost for everyone because he is obviously a great manager and had history of success with the club.

But he is also known as quite the arsehole after a few seasons lol.

You never hear a bad word said about Ancelotti in that way from former players and thats one of the reasons I like the bloke so much.

Back