The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
As with most cases, blame has to be evenly shared ...

The board for absolutely mucking up the summer transfer window and thinking present squad was enough to challenge for the title. Most of the players had been run to the ground due to lack of rotation by Jose. We had gaping holes in central midfield and central defense which needed to be filled immediately. Instead we spend on a luxury signing Falcao and back up GK Begovic aspriorities

Mourinho for his crazy outbursts that started with the one in the summer against Benitez and carried on against Wenger and of course Eva Carneiro. His stifling tactics which completely negated the talents of our attacking players. His confrontational style of leadership which seemed to divide the dressing room. His absolute reluctance to play any youth players even when we are going through the worst season in living memory

And of course the players. Costa, Fabregas and Hazard coming back overweight for pre-season. Hazard liking stupid pictures on Instagram linking him to a Madrid move when we are on a run of poor results. Seeking to undermine the manager from within. Not giving their all on the pitch or respecting the fans

All this collectively served to culminate in the worst title defense in the EPL era. Hopefully the nightmare is finally over and we can end the season with some dignity

So apparently its Hiddink.

An excellent option. He is no tactical genius but he knows how to handle superstar players properly. His previous stint here was excellent and the players and fans loved him. Many even begged him to stay

Plus he will be more motivated than ever after failing with Holland. Would be really happy if it's him rather than the hard taskmaster Juande Ramos which is the last thing the players need right now

Hiddink would be ideal right now.

As for Jose, I am immensely sad he is gone. He had so much potential with us and it's really a shame to see it all go to waste. It was his own fault really, but that doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for him. I do really get the impression that he wanted to make it work here.

I do really get the impression that he wanted to make it work here.

He did, but evidently he learned absolutely nothing from what happened in Madrid. Because its pretty much the same scenario.

Its seems to me that he got defeated by his own ego.

Its like you said a while back in the summer, if someone plays a part long enough, eventually they start believing their own bullshit. That they're special. That players would kill for them. And if players don't seem to agree, well then they must rats, moles, traitors and whatnot.

I can sort of understand now why he resents Wenger so much. Its becauce Wenger commands respect even without success. He wins **** all, he fails every season, but somehow manages to mantain authority. The squad never questions him and neither does the board or the fans. Meanwhile with Jose its all binary, either he kills it on the pitch, or everything goes to **** in a blink of an eye.

I was about to edit that you could argue he has that habit as well. It's not like Fergie has ever shied away from isolating and getting rid of players to maintain control. I believe he says it's the most important aspect of his managerial style. Perhaps he was fortunate that a large core of his squad would remain loyal no matter what, allowing him to trim the edges of the squad of anyone who rocked the boat too much, without losing the squad.

There is a big difference. No matter what players always knew Fergie would be in the job and if they don't respect him then they are out.

One time when players knew Fergie won't be there anymore was in 2002 and it was a disaster by his standards.

SAF will never happen. 26 years at top club and winning league title half the time is not something that would be repeated. Managers like Pep and Jose will win the league but they will never stay for more than 3-4 years.

Hiddink would be ideal right now.

As for Jose, I am immensely sad he is gone. He had so much potential with us and it's really a shame to see it all go to waste. It was his own fault really, but that doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for him. I do really get the impression that he wanted to make it work here.

It is terribly disappointing. I think he should have taken a break after the Madrid stint rather than dive back straight in. Would have done him a world of good

I still maintain that if he truly wants to craft out a long term dynasty anywhere, he has to fundamentally reinvent himself as a manager. He needs to grow the balls to throw in young players. He needs to stop his confrontational style of leadership and elevate himself into an elder statesman of sorts like Scolari and LVG did when they came to England and as Wenger has done recently.

Also so he needs to go back to the drawing board because he is in serious danger of the game passing him by. Delaney wrote an intriguing article which showed how defensive managers like Mourinho and Benitez are having less success in the CL as more and more goals are being scored per game.

He has his flaws but at the end, he will rank as the best manager the EPL has ever seen just behind SAF and easily among the best in the world even if he decides to retire tomorrow. Thank you for the memories Jose

Why hasn't Guus been announced yet? Are the club really pursuing a last ditch deal with Juande Ramos? Speechless if that happens...

I'm seeing reports of Guus in London already en route to Cobham already. Would expect an announcement in the afternoon.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bridge will be a cauldron of hate but having Hiddo back on the touch line should ease some of that. Only person alongside Ancelloti who left us on good terms where everyone was sad to see him go

Bridge will be a cauldron of hate but having Hiddo back on the touch line should ease some of that.....

No doubt given its Chelsea but completely detrimental to the players on the park and the game you're trying to win.

No doubt given its Chelsea but completely detrimental to the players on the park and the game you're trying to win.

Its nothing to do with Chelsea. Fans of any club will be ****** when their best every manager is sacked. I agree with the reasons behind his sacking but anger will be felt regardless of the game.

Players need to start winning pronto though. Winning makes up for everything

Having Guus in should do wonders for the atmosphere around the club as well. I heard Eddie Newton is joining the management team which is all excellent news

Its nothing to do with Chelsea. Fans of any club will be ****** when their best every manager is sacked. I agree with the reasons behind his sacking but anger will be felt regardless of the game.

Players need to start winning pronto though. Winning makes up for everything

The **** fans of any club would turn up and generate, what was it, 'a cauldron of hate' toward their own club.

Let Roman know after. ****, let him know outside before. But during the game it's completely detrimental to what's on the pitch.

Last edited:
I also think you're overstating just how mad people are going to be. No one is happy with this, but there has been noticeable talk outside the Bridge whenever I've gone down there this year about Jose's failings. Funnily enough, the more devout fanboys are almost all online.

Of course that's just people in the pubs outside, the actual ticketed fans might be different. Not expecting to see the same pure seething hatred you are though, unless we bring Rafa back in for round 2.

The **** fans of any club would turn up and generate, what was it, 'a cauldron of hate' toward their own club.

Let Roman know after. ****, let him know outside before. But during the game it's completely detrimental to what's on the pitch.

I agree with you completely. I just don't see it happening. As I mentioned before, fans still mock Rafa even after all he did for us

Back