The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
I don't think he'll go to United tbh. For one, it would ruin all the foundation work put up by Van Gaal.

If we get Simeone in, I could stand to see Mourinho at Old Trafford, just for the sheer spectacle of it. Imagine

City: Pep
United: Jose
Chelsea: Simeone
Arsenal: Wenger
Liverpool: Klopp

If the complaint (rightly) was how sterile Mourinho was, why in the World would you want to move from that to an equally hard, boring task master in Simeone?

The same way why in the World would Utd want to flip from one to another?

If the complaint (rightly) was how sterile Mourinho was, why in the World would you want to move from that to an equally hard, boring task master in Simeone?

How often do you actually watch Simeone's Atletico? Genuine question, because this is a view I see a lot from people who only watch him in the big games, where yes his team does play tight and disciplined. This is only one side of their game though, and they're more than capable of piling on the pressure when it comes to beating clubs of an equal size or the smaller minnows. There's a reason why the creative players in his squad have flourished as well as the more defensive ones. I would absolutely love to see him get his hands on Willian, Matic, Azpi, Hazard, RLC, Oscar and even Fabregas.

Do you actually watch Atletico? do you actually watch La Liga? WOW is all I can say to that

Are we trying to suggest he's not a defensive first coach?

Great, well, enjoy if you get him. Honestly no worry's from up here if you do.

The only one that worry's me off that list would be if Pep want to Arsenal. In the short term, to a lesser extent if he went City or Utd; but Arsenal, particularly now they have money, is just built right through for him to walk into and take it on another level for me.

Mourinho would doubtless have success at Utd, but the fans would hate him. Can't see that at all.

Last edited:

Your obsession with pigeon holing coaches is rather hilarious, no he is not a defensive first coach, at all. He is a winning football matches first coach.

He is really pretty versatile and adapts his tactics to the team he is facing and the resources he has. If anything he is more like Klopp really, hardwork comes first and that naturally creates a good press and a better defence.

He's also the coach that has managed to make Atletico competitive against a star studded Madrid and one of the best Barca squads ever and has done so year after year, consistently showing that his methods work and continually reshaping his squad. It's pretty hard to deny that he's one of the best managers in the world right now. Honestly if it came down to him and Pep, I would take him due to the squad we have.

He is really pretty versatile and adapts his tactics to the team he is facing and the resources he has. If anything he is more like Klopp really, hardwork comes first and that naturally creates a good press and a better defence.

He's also the coach that has managed to make Atletico competitive against a star studded Madrid and one of the best Barca squads ever and has done so year after year, consistently showing that his methods work and continually reshaping his squad. It's pretty hard to deny that he's one of the best managers in the world right now. Honestly if it came down to him and Pep, I would take him due to the squad we have.

Oh, If I were you I'd take him over Pep every day of the week.

You're built completely wrong for Guadiola and he's never been one for the long term where he has to build it himself.

And I wasn't questioning him (Simeone) being a very good manager. I just wouldn't be half as bothered about him at Chelsea than I was when Mourinho came back. It would level the playing field further for me.

But time will tell.

Last edited:
Simeone is a lot like Mourinho - 2005 Mourinho from his first Chelsea stint. Yes he shuts down the shop vs. big teams, but for all the other games he's out to dominate.

Atletico certainly aren't boring. Its power football, but its fun.

Simeone is a lot like Mourinho - 2005 Mourinho from his first Chelsea stint. Yes he shuts down the shop vs. big teams, but for all the other games he's out to dominate.

Atletico certainly aren't boring. Its power football, but its fun.

The good thing about SImeone is he has had a rough time of it at River and also did his apprenticeship at Racing too, honestly out of the current crop of young managers I fully expect him to go on to be the worlds best.

And I wasn't questioning him (Simeone) being a very good manager. I just wouldn't be half as bothered about him at Chelsea than I was when Mourinho came back. It would level the playing field further for me.

But time will tell.

I think you are getting massively ahead of yourself here. The idea that you wouldn't be bothered by anything other than Pep at Arsenal is mental. Can you imagine him with KDB, Sterling, Fernandinho, Silva, Ageuro at City? They'd be absolutely monstrous. Mourinho's methods might only be short term but if he goes to United all the evidence suggests that they will certainly get a serious boost (for a while anyway) Wenger is finally spending at Arsenal and they are looking a very impressive, very complete team. The current issues at Chelsea have people forgetting that this summer the common consensus was that this was a chance for us to push to get back into the absolute best clubs in the world again. The squad is still the same, and with a manager like Simeone in charge and a few choice acquisitions, I can easily see us winning the league next year.

You guys look a lot better under Klopp, but I can't see how you could genuinely think none of the above wouldn't be well above you in the eyes of everyone but Liverpool fans.

The only one that worry's me off that list would be if Pep want to Arsenal. In the short term, to a lesser extent if he went City or Utd; but Arsenal, particularly now they have money, is just built right through for him to walk into and take it on another level for me.

Mourinho would doubtless have success at Utd, but the fans would hate him. Can't see that at all.

You should be worried and so should everyone else in the league if Chelsea get Simeone, the same way that you think Guardiola is tailor made for Arsenal Simeone is in everyway for Chelsea. He is actually a better manager than Klopp as it stands and has achieved more. That La Liga win was an absolute ******* miracle when you consider the opposition and the difference in budgets. Throw into that the difference in the squads and the money available to Simeone if he where to move **** me you ain't worried what are you stoned?

tbf I do not think you may get Simeone this time around, I think it would take a ridiculous offer to get him because he is fairly happy where he is. He also afaik has total control which at Chelsea he may not get and add into the fact Atleti are really competitive this year joint top with Barcelona and through to the round of 16 in the champs league. Maybe if he wins the league again he might move if he feels he has achieved all he can.

tbf I do not think you may get Simeone this time around, I think it would take a ridiculous offer to get him because he is fairly happy where he is. He also afaik has total control which at Chelsea he may not get and add into the fact Atleti are really competitive this year joint top with Barcelona and through to the round of 16 in the champs league. Maybe if he wins the league again he might move if he feels he has achieved all he can.

The only way he will come is if he is given a minimum amount of time and told he has full control over the dressing room. In the past I would have said that is impossible but there is a growing sense that Roman is getting seriously impatient with player power and might be looking to make a stand. If you're going to pick anyone to say "fall in line with the club or leave", it's Simeone.

..... Throw into that the difference in the squads and the money available to Simeone if he where to move **** me you ain't worried what are you stoned? .....

I apologise for not sharing your opinion.

I shall endeavour to get more in line with you in future. Or lay off the drugs.

Whichever comes first.

The only way he will come is if he is given a minimum amount of time and told he has full control over the dressing room. In the past I would have said that is impossible but there is a growing sense that Roman is getting seriously impatient with player power and might be looking to make a stand. If you're going to pick anyone to say "fall in line with the club or leave", it's Simeone.

Presuming Hidink get's the gig in the short term, and turns this season around, would nobody want him?

In the bracket below the very top echelon but he has successful previous and appeared to be well liked by everyone.

Presuming Hidink get's the gig in the short term, and turns this season around, would nobody want him?

In the bracket below the very top echelon but he has successful previous and appeared to be well liked by everyone.

Depends on his philosophy. If we end up playing simply to avoid getting beaten, then no. This was the only thing I hated about Mourinho.

What a surprise. Mourinho probably had his share of blame, but the players are a disgrace. Losing on purpose to get a manager sacked shows they are not in any way professionals.

What a surprise. Mourinho probably had his share of blame, but the players are a disgrace. Losing on purpose to get a manager sacked shows they are not in any way professionals.

Completely agree bad sadly, welcome to the modern day professional footballer.

They hold most ALL the power.

>Change manager
>Change tactics
>Different results
>Blame the players

?

>Change manager
>Change tactics
>Different results
>Blame the players

?

Simply for their attitude towards the manager. It's not like FM, where if you change the tactic, you get back on your feet. If the players don't want to win, they won't. Tactics won't do **** about that.

Back