The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Palace were poor and definitely missed Bolasie etc, but that was probably our best performance of the season. Mikel, Fabregas and Diego in particular impressed today, however if I had to pick our MOTM I think John Obi deserves it.

https://streamable.com/hmjq

... Oh-la-la-la-la!

I know it's drizzly out there but Pedro's touch and passing have been painful.

He reminds me of Willian in his first season at Chelsea. Not much in the final third but work-rate and effort is superb. He will find his feet eventually

I liked Pedro every time I saw him tbh. Works his *** off and looks thrilling on the break, even if it doesn't always come together.

I liked Pedro every time I saw him tbh. Works his *** off and looks thrilling on the break, even if it doesn't always come together.

He's the only one except Fabregas who sees the plays before they happen as well, opens up space for others with his runs. He's really good for our general play, I just wish he had a little bit more finesse.

Not a single youth player against Scunthorpe is honestly a disgrace. I know we need to string some wins together, but what does that to say to the younger players? You're so bad that playing even one of you in our otherwise full strength squad will jeopardise the result?

And that's without mentioning the murmurs of discontent from the youth coaches and scouts...

https://gfycat.com/SmugAshamedBoto
https://streamable.com/jovt

Youth player?
Great off the ball move?
Actually gives us someone in the box?
Goals threat coming from midfield which isn't just a Ramires punt from outside the box?
Punishes a team for isolating Costa by putting 2 men on him?
Overlapping run from the fullback?

You couldn't make it up. Everything we've been missing in one tidy example.

Last edited:
Not a single youth player against Scunthorpe is honestly a disgrace.

Yup. You have nothing to play for, if they won't get the chance now, when?

I expect a lot of them to jump ship in the summer.

**** performance, and a result to match it.

The ref was awful but yeah, we were not nearly good enough. Real lack of fluidity yet again. Just all looked so half arsed, although I will admit I only had 1 eye on the game.

Serious question.

This result stands, you HAVE to be concerned about relegation surely? Never, EVER thought I'd say that about this group but it's becoming a stark reality you're in a real dog fight. With players who aren't used to this at all.

I still can't see you going. But then City and Forest to name two have thought the very same in the past.

And now it's 2-2. Credit for the spirit in the comeback but the question still stands.

You have to be at least concerned surely?

I rather see us in the championship with a bunch of players who actually care.

I rather see us in the championship with a bunch of players who actually care.

I didn't feel like they don't care, I feel like the team has no idea what it's doing. I mean from a tactical point of view, we are a ******* mess. The system just doesn't make sense, lots of our players don't complement each other and there's so little synergy. It's like watching someone try and bake a cake with eggs, flour, vodka, skittles and a leg of lamb.

We have as much chance of getting relegated as you have of winning the double.

Hey, again, I can't see it but I also see a complete mess and players who aren't used to a scrapping down there.

City, Forest, Leeds. They all thought the same. No question on paper your squad is way better than any of those.

But out on the park is another thing altogether.

Terry doesn't have that goal wrongly awarded and your what, a game away from the bottom 3. You're right in the mire however you cut it.

*Edit* 5 points sorry. Missed Swansea. But still all relative.

Last edited:
Back