The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Big loan sealed for Charlie Musonda. For those that don't know, this kid is the hottest thing in our youth program right now, regarded by many as the best new Belgian of his generation. He clearly has some serious talent too if you watch him. He's being loaned to Real Betis for 6 months, and if they like him he will get another 12, so a potential 18 month loan for him to prove himself to be included in the 17/18 squad.

Good luck to the lad. So potentially we'll have Christensen and Musonda 'ready' for the 2017/18 squad (Fingers crossed).

Big loan sealed for Charlie Musonda. For those that don't know, this kid is the hottest thing in our youth program right now, regarded by many as the best new Belgian of his generation. He clearly has some serious talent too if you watch him. He's being loaned to Real Betis for 6 months, and if they like him he will get another 12, so a potential 18 month loan for him to prove himself to be included in the 17/18 squad.

Yeah and he will probably be sold for £30m to a mid-sized club before turning into a world-class player. We have an excellent talent identification system. Where we consistently fail is to nurture and integrate them into the first team

After Shevchenko, Torres, Eto and Falcao, this is part V of the Chelsea 'striker rehabilitation program'. Seriously I cannot understand this transfer at all for the life of me

Shevchenko came too late in his career and i'm not having you slating Eto'o lol, he was actually very good for us. Its a gamble but a very cheap gamble which still has a possibility of paying off just time will tell. I'm personally not expecting much however some players just suit some leagues/teams and if he comes good at just 7million what a bargain it would be

Weird thing to say after a 5-1 win, but watching Hazard kiss the badge after his penalty today was probably what felt the best. Would love to see Madrid's transfer ban and his poor season so far lead to him staying here for a long time and becoming a club legend.

Well, this is interesting. First Lampard, then Terry.

Can't be too pleased if you're a Chelsea supporter I would imagine.

Once again the club treating a legend like ****. It is really that hard to let a club legend who has been at the club pretty much his whole life to retire here? And he is clearly still good enough to be playing for and captaining the club. Yet Ivanovic who has arguably been the clubs worst player for the past two years gets an extension? Joke of a club.

Speaking of Falcao, at this point I'm inclined to believe in old conspiracy theory that he lies about his age.

His decline is just absurd, Torres had a super consistent career in comparison. Falcao looks like someone in mid-30s and plays like someone in mid-30s. Something doesn't add up here.

Three ACL injuries to the same knee will destroy most players.

Yes but my theory is way more cool and dramatic.

I heard that the coke scene in Monaco is crazy. He was never injured, he was just in rehab. It's what lured El Shaaraway there, and why James (the son of a Colombian drug lord) had his head turned from Porto. Apparently Valdes is more into smack which is why they didn't end up with him.

did anyone else cringe when Hazard kissed the badge after scoring today? Just didn't seem right.

Yes but my theory is way more cool and dramatic.

Idk what's worse the fact United got him or the fact Chelsea then after with Jose's ego loaned him, thinking he could somehow do something with him.

did anyone else cringe when Hazard kissed the badge after scoring today? Just didn't seem right.

Whaaaat? Why not? He's been linked with moves away from us, and had a crappy season. For me it was him saying thanks for sticking by him and he loves being here. I was chuffed tbh.

So now that Pep is officially unavailable, who do you guys think our new manager will be in the summer?

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that if we can't tempt Simeone we'll turn to Pellegrini instead.

I know I will probably be laughed at, but I would really love to see Pardew handed a big team, and why not Chelsea?

Moyes II.

Every manager is a risk. Unlike Moyes, I believe Pardew proved his worth more than once, not just at one team. I just like the way his teams play, and can't say I would mind having a go at him.

Badge kissing does make me cringe, however him acknowledging the fans was brilliant and meant a lot.

Pardew would be interesting move.
Would be interesting to see them go for Pellegrini.

I've wanted Pardew for a while now, proper Chelsea man

Back