The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
I like you CJ. Straight talking, tell it like it is and stand by what you believe.

You'd fit in well up here.

Well, apart from the whole rent boy thing like but that is what it is. ;).

I like you CJ. Straight talking, tell it like it is and stand by what you believe.

You'd fit in well up here.

Well, apart from the whole rent boy thing like but that is what it is. ;).

Haha a well executed band handed compliment and i'll take it ;)

Praying zouma's injury isn't as bad as it looked. Finally a regular in our side and such a brilliant young talent so would be a shame to see him out for a long time. Good to see utd supporters/players have also been wishing him the best on social media!

Zouma out for six months. Not only misses the remainder of the season but also the euros in his home country. So so gutted for him :(

So, out of Sampaoli, Conte and Allegri, any preferences?

Depends on what you want I suppose.

Allegri or Conte are probably a better fit, but if Sampaoli could bring his Chile playstyle to Chelsea you would be great to watch. So as a neutral I hope you get Sampaoli, City vs Chelsea would be ******* an epic match with these 2 playstyles.

So, out of Sampaoli, Conte and Allegri, any preferences?

Between Allegri and Conte I honestly have no idea. Originally I favoured Conte mainly because I knew more about him, however after reading up on Allegri I wouldn't be against his possible appointment. As for Sampaoli, I adore him for what he achieved with Chile (I'm half Chilean, so I've always followed the national team) but I just see it as too big a risk at the moment.

Out of the three who would be your preference?

Last edited:
I'd definitely go Allegri, he's a brilliant tactician. He undeservedly had a bad rep for his work in Milan. The quality of the team declined massively from the glory years, but he took most of the fan blame because he was the manager.

I am skeptical of Allegri after his time at Milan. I know there were mitigating circumstances there but he also made some terrible tactical mistakes/subs iirc. Conte just seems a little more reliable.

The dream is still Simeone of course.

I am skeptical of Allegri after his time at Milan. I know there were mitigating circumstances there but he also made some terrible tactical mistakes/subs iirc. Conte just seems a little more reliable.

The dream is still Simeone of course.

Absolutely. For where Roman wants to be, he wouldn't be the man in Europe for me.

But regardless, I don't see why he'd want to leave a great situation at Juve. He's still talked about as being in the mix for the Azzuri job if Conte is dismissed. Being at the current most dominant team in Italy (I know Napoli's top as I type but they still are by some margin) would go a long way toward that.

*Edit* And now they are back on top by virtue of defeating Napoli for their 15th win in a row. He'd be utterly foolish to leave that situation IMHO.

Last edited:
A fair result, considering how the game went, but it gives us hope for the 2nd. match.
I liked Baba a lot tonight. If he can work on his positioning a bit, he can be class. Getting caught with his pants down a few times.

Performance - Okay to good in patches
Result - Okay to good
Chances of going through - Okay to good

All in all an okay to good night. Costa and Hazard woeful in my eyes but the back 5 were exceptional especially Baba Rahman who in my eyes was our best player by a mile.

Really hope Eden is shipped off in the summer had enough of him. Clearly his mind has been elsewhere all season.

You played well tonight I thought and Gary Cahill despite criticism he has had, was excellent tonight.

Really hope Eden is shipped off in the summer had enough of him. Clearly his mind has been elsewhere all season.

I have 2 big problems with this. The first is that he doesn't even look that disinterested to me, just completely burnt out and unmotivated. Not in a Di Maria, "I'd rather be in Paris", way but in a "nothing excites me" sort of way. Get the right manager in the summer and I am positive he will come alive again. Preferably one that plays a style of football that suits him and he work because of, rather than in spite of.

The second is that we might not even make Europa this season. Who can we realistically sign that is realistically as good as Hazard, let alone better? He is an incredible player, we should be building our team around him, Willian and one of Costa/Fabregas IMO. Get them ticking, play to their strengths instead of forcing them into a style that doesn't work for them and we'll be golden.

Back