The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
From what i've heard yeah, used to stand in the Shed with his dad as a kid
He might be a supporter as a kid but once you work in football you can't show bias, you go where you get selected and somehow I don't see Abramovic going for a British Manager anytime soon.

He might be a supporter as a kid but once you work in football you can't show bias, you go where you get selected and somehow I don't see Abramovic going for a British Manager anytime soon.

Oh don't get me wrong there is absolutely no way of it happening

Chelsea turned down €75 million for Oscar as per reports?

That's beyond ridiculous money for him and if accurate, beyond ridiculous and to Chelsea's detriment to turn it down IMO.

Chelsea turned down €75 million for Oscar as per reports?

That's beyond ridiculous money for him and if accurate, beyond ridiculous and to Chelsea's detriment to turn it down IMO.

As with all rumours though there's conflicting 'reports' on the matter. According to ESPN Brazil Oscar's agent confirmed a bid was made, but Hiddink has denied a bid was made.

If true, then whoever decided to turn down the bid should get themselves checked out because as you've said that is a ridiculous offer for him. It's too good to turn down IMO.

Last edited:
I see that according to Di Marzio our search for a new manager has been narrowed down to just four candidates. Allegri, Conte, Sampaoli and Simeone. Now if true I seriously question why Pellegrini is being overlooked? IMO he's the best available option for the job.

Simeone is the 'dream' for most (Myself included) but he's comfortable at Atlético and I don't think a move abroad has even crossed his mind. I'm not sure about either Allegri or Conte to be honest, but then again I can't really judge them because I haven't watched much Italian football over the past five years. As for Sampaoli he's done a lot for the Chilean national team and they've played some excellent football under his management, but he's too big a risk IMO.

CS mate, the complete dissing of what Pelegrini's achieved at City among many baffles me.

Just this last week we heard the Utd thread how he wasn't apparently good enough for them.

With the pool of top class managers having shrunk to a small puddle very quickly with first Klopp, then Ancelotti and now Pep snapped up; to totally dismiss a man who could well finish the year with his second title in his three years in England I find staggering.

CS mate, the complete dissing of what Pelegrini's achieved at City among many baffles me.

Just this last week we heard the Utd thread how he wasn't apparently good enough for them.

With the pool of top class managers having shrunk to a small puddle very quickly with first Klopp, then Ancelotti and now Pep snapped up; to totally dismiss a man who could well finish the year with his second title in his three years in England I find staggering.

He's **** in Europe is a problem. And I'd imagine they have bigger ambitions than just competing for PL title every once in a while.

He's **** in Europe is a problem. And I'd imagine they have bigger ambitions than just competing for PL title every once in a while.

His record isn't terrible when you read it on paper, he took Villarreal and Malaga to the quarters in there debut CL seasons. Malaga went unbeaten till they lost to Borussia in the quarters

Got knocked out in the rounds by Lyon at Madrid, and did ok at City despite horrendous draws, but.... when you watch the games, with MCFC anyway and see he repeated the same tactical fault over and over with city in the big games, you see where he comes unstuck. Played 2 up front over and over in the first season, and then refused to drop Yaya as part of a midfield 2 when possession was the name of the game in the 2nd go round..

I can't see Chelsea being his next team, but you could do worse really given the options about..

I see that according to Di Marzio our search for a new manager has been narrowed down to just four candidates. Allegri, Conte, Sampaoli and Simeone. Now if true I seriously question why Pellegrini is being overlooked? IMO he's the best available option for the job.

Simeone is the 'dream' for most (Myself included) but he's comfortable at Atlético and I don't think a move abroad has even crossed his mind. I'm not sure about either Allegri or Conte to be honest, but then again I can't really judge them because I haven't watched much Italian football over the past five years. As for Sampaoli he's done a lot for the Chilean national team and they've played some excellent football under his management, but he's too big a risk IMO.

Conte is not worth the risk IMO. Allegri did very well at Milan before he lost Ibra and Silva at once, also he made sure Conte was not a loss for Juve at all. In fact he took them to bigger heights.

Pellegrini? He is a great man but not a great manager. He is a good manager and that's it. Also he is almost at the end of his career.

Chelsea and Utd? It'd be a start for them to compete at that level.

At the moment, they're both a LONG ways short of that with the current squads/ set ups. Utd even more so than Chelsea.

To totally dismiss a man with proven Premiership pedigree when there's very little else out there is baffling.

It baffles me as well Scouse, and I really don't understand why any Chelsea fan would not want him.

The teams he's managed generally play attractive, positive, possession-based football which is what Abramovich craves. There's no 'drama' with him, he's solely focused on doing his job and letting the football do the talking. The only negative I can see is that he can be stubborn tactically, which doesn't do him any favours in Europe but aren't all top managers stubborn in one way or another? I'd happily take him.

His record isn't terrible when you read it on paper, he took Villarreal and Malaga to the quarters in there debut CL seasons. Malaga went unbeaten till they lost to Borussia in the quarters

Got knocked out in the rounds by Lyon at Madrid, and did ok at City despite horrendous draws, but.... when you watch the games, with MCFC anyway and see he repeated the same tactical fault over and over with city in the big games, you see where he comes unstuck. Played 2 up front over and over in the first season, and then refused to drop Yaya as part of a midfield 2 when possession was the name of the game in the 2nd go round..

I can't see Chelsea being his next team, but you could do worse really given the options about..

Yup, that's exactly my problem with him. His excellent at crushing weaker opposition and amassing a lot of points, but against serious teams he always comes off as tactically naive.

Out of pure interest, how committed do you all think Roman is going forward?

Or rather, is he still as enthusiastic as he was say Mourinho's first go around?

Or rather, is he still as enthusiastic as he was say Mourinho's first go around?

He's 110% committed to the club, and just as enthusiastic as he was back then. Yes, we've had a terrible season but that hasn't changed his love or passion for Chelsea. However the hierarchy at the club need to reassess their plan going forward, starting with hiring the right manager in the summer.

He's 110% committed to the club, and just as enthusiastic as he was back then. Yes, we've had a terrible season but that hasn't changed his love or passion for Chelsea. However the hierarchy at the club need to reassess their plan going forward, starting with hiring the right manager in the summer.

Ta. You read things periodically about him looking into other sporting ventures and it makes you wonder.

Hence why I asked.

The fact that he is largely self-financing a new stadium should speak for itself. Anything else is lazy media speculation

Going to be short and sweet today. I do not care for the celebrations we are seeing at scoring late EQUALIZERS AT HOME in recent weeks. It wasn't too long ago we were celebrating late winners (QPR and Hull to name just two) in my eyes grab the ball and get yourself back in place to go again especially how on top we were.

However that aside my main frustrations today are first of all with Guus Hiddink! How the **** can he look at our performance on Wednesday night before he bought Hazard on and think "that was decent actually"!!!!!! Oscar wide left (of even in the vicinity of the SW6 area for some including myself) is NEVER going to work! And didn't Jose get absolutely slammed for playing 2 defensive midfielders at home, we only looked better once we hooked Matic off YET AGAIN!

But of course the biggest incident which is the main reason why i have been left deflated after today's match is the injury to Kurt Zouma. I was a million more times animated when that injury occurred than when Lingard scored. If its what it looked like and an anterior cruciate ligament injury then i really fear for his footballing future. So many players do not go on to reach their potential because of these injuries all we have to do is look at Marco Van Ginkel and Oriol Romeu to see that. I hope i'm so wrong in this because Zouma has been one of two shining lights in this truly abysmal embarrassing season (the other one being Willian of course who also annoys the complete **** out of me with ALL his deliveries, for anyone who's taken a corner we all know its not hard!!!!!!).

I think i'v lied, i said it would be short and sweet and it wasn't either but its absolutely killing me watching Chelsea Football Club something i love so much going into self destruct mode.

WOLUTB

Going to be short and sweet today. I do not care for the celebrations we are seeing at scoring late EQUALIZERS AT HOME in recent weeks. It wasn't too long ago we were celebrating late winners (QPR and Hull to name just two) in my eyes grab the ball and get yourself back in place to go again especially how on top we were.

However that aside my main frustrations today are first of all with Guus Hiddink! How the **** can he look at our performance on Wednesday night before he bought Hazard on and think "that was decent actually"!!!!!! Oscar wide left (of even in the vicinity of the SW6 area for some including myself) is NEVER going to work! And didn't Jose get absolutely slammed for playing 2 defensive midfielders at home, we only looked better once we hooked Matic off YET AGAIN!

But of course the biggest incident which is the main reason why i have been left deflated after today's match is the injury to Kurt Zouma. I was a million more times animated when that injury occurred than when Lingard scored. If its what it looked like and an anterior cruciate ligament injury then i really fear for his footballing future. So many players do not go on to reach their potential because of these injuries all we have to do is look at Marco Van Ginkel and Oriol Romeu to see that. I hope i'm so wrong in this because Zouma has been one of two shining lights in this truly abysmal embarrassing season (the other one being Willian of course who also annoys the complete **** out of me with ALL his deliveries, for anyone who's taken a corner we all know its not hard!!!!!!).

I think i'v lied, i said it would be short and sweet and it wasn't either but its absolutely killing me watching Chelsea Football Club something i love so much going into self destruct mode.

WOLUTB

JCUGAFAWTFLWOHYCT!

Back