The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Why the **** would you prefer him? All that Conte accomplished so far, is dominating serie A at the time when all other major clubs completely collapsed. In Europe he was ****.

Allegri, on the other hand? First season in CL, he beat Madrid comfortably and scared the living **** out of Barca in the final. Yesterday he scared the living **** out of Bayern. ****, back in Milan, he scared the living **** out of peak Pep's Barca, while playing a squad with average age over 35. He's a wizard tactician, give him time and money, and he will deliver. Conte is a gamble at best.

Putting Paulo Ferreira in charge is a gambe. Conte is a proven manager. Not my first choice, as I would prefer keeping Guus, but i'm not sad about him being our #1 target either.

Allegri, on the other hand? First season in CL, he beat Madrid comfortably and scared the living **** out of Barca in the final. Yesterday he scared the living **** out of Bayern. ****, back in Milan, he scared the living **** out of peak Pep's Barca, while playing a squad with average age over 35. He's a wizard tactician, give him time and money, and he will deliver. Conte is a gamble at best.

This makes him sound great, if you almost wanna beat people sometimes.. :lol

Why the **** would you prefer him? All that Conte accomplished so far, is dominating serie A at the time when all other major clubs completely collapsed. In Europe he was ****.

Because out of the two of them, I've been much more impressed with Conte's handling of the players at his disposal. Like I said, he made a potentially unbalanced midfield really sing, and managed to get the best out of pretty much all 4 of them. That is something we definitely need because at the moment we're still a mess in midfield and seeing as the players in question all look to be staying at this point, the next manager needs to be someone who can make things work.

I am also wary of the way that Pogba continues to develop under Allegri, or rather doesn't. He is increasingly flamboyant and wasteful in possession, which gets nicely disguised by the highlight reel but it's still there. He is still a technical and physical monster, but his reading of the game isn't developing. Obviously you can't blame the manager entirely for that, but Allegri's more advanced use of him isn't helping with the issue.

Chuck in some other things (dressing room dynamics etc) and I'd rather have Conte. It's not entirely logical though, I will happily admit. I just can't shake the feeling that Allegri would not do well for us. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Like I said, he made a potentially unbalanced midfield really sing, and managed to get the best out of pretty much all 4 of them. That is something we definitely need because at the moment we're still a mess in midfield and seeing as the players in question all look to be staying at this point, the next manager needs to be someone who can make things work.

Yeah but it's debatable how much of this can be attributed to Conte, and how much to Prandelli, who played a very similar setup in Italian NT with De Rossi moonlighting for Vidal.

I am also wary of the way that Pogba continues to develop under Allegri, or rather doesn't. He is increasingly flamboyant and wasteful in possession, which gets nicely disguised by the highlight reel but it's still there. He is still a technical and physical monster, but his reading of the game isn't developing. Obviously you can't blame the manager entirely for that, but Allegri's more advanced use of him isn't helping with the issue.

True, but I don't blame either of the managers for that. I blame Pogba. He's an incredibly gifted talent, but his skillset is all over the place. It's really hard to fit him into any specialized role and the days of all-round midfielders are long gone.

I had massive problem with it in FM every time I bought him, despite ridiculous stats he didnt' really perform anywhere. And it's the same in Juve, both under Conte and Allegri. He may look impressive to casual fans, but his actual output is unremarkable for a guy hailed as a second coming.

This makes him sound great, if you almost wanna beat people sometimes.. :lol

If Allegri can put up a fight against peak 2011 Barca, with Milan that had 35 year old pensioners Gattuso, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Nesta and Zambrotta still playing key roles, what can he do with actually competent squad?

Conte's work with Juve can be compared to winning La Liga with Barca if Real didn't exist. It's not some great accomplishment, it's a bare minimum. There's a reason why Juve are on their way to 5th title in a row, they have no serious competition.

If Allegri can put up a fight against peak 2011 Barca, with Milan that had 35 year old pensioners Gattuso, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Nesta and Zambrotta still playing key roles, what can he do with actually competent squad?

Conte's work with Juve can be compared to winning La Liga with Barca if Real didn't exist. It's not some great accomplishment, it's a bare minimum. There's a reason why Juve are on their way to 5th title in a row, they have no serious competition.

That's easy to say now. When Conte took over, Juve finished 7th. In his first season he won Serie A undefeated. That's a great record especially for a team that was in 7th position.

They spent money but so did other teams. He improved Juve from 58 points to 84 points and without losing a single game. That was fantastic first season for any manager. His European record is underwhelming though.

That's easy to say now. When Conte took over, Juve finished 7th. In his first season he won Serie A undefeated. That's a great record especially for a team that was in 7th position.

Difference between Pirlo and no Pirlo.

They spent money but so did other teams.

They've brought $100 million worth of players.

He improved Juve from 58 points to 84 points and without losing a single game.

Pretty sure the guy before him would also improved drastically if he had Vidal, Pirlo, Lichsteiner and Vucinic added into the squad, all of which became key players right off the bat.

Conte did a good job there, but let's not be acting like he pulled a Klopp and he created something out of nothing.

Difference between Pirlo and no Pirlo.

We can make excuses for every manager using 1 or 2 players.

They've brought $100 million worth of players.

Teams that finished miles above them also spent from 50M to 70M. I never denied though, I said Juventus spent money and they even did it before they appointed Conte but failed big time. Before Conte appointment Juventus spent 120 Million in 2 years and still failed miserably.

Pretty sure the guy before him would also improved drastically if he had Vidal, Pirlo, Lichsteiner and Vucinic added into the squad, all of which became key players right off the bat.

Conte did a good job there, but let's not be acting like he pulled a Klopp and he created something out of nothing.

But you have to give credit to manager who signed them and more importantly didn't take years to integrate them to play like a proper team.

Conte is the reason why Juve are on the rise, before his appointment they were so bad on and off the field. Conte appointment just changed the club.

I'm not comparing Conte with Klopp or anyone, not sure why his name is brought here. I'm just saying Conte did a great job and it's easy to say anyone could have won with Juventus when before Conte's appointment they were so far off the table. Finished 7th with just 58 points.

We can make excuses for every manager using 1 or 2 players.

No, you can't, because most managers don't ever get to sign genius-level midfielder who could transform a side just by walking on the pitch. Which is exactly what Pirlo did in Juve.

But you have to give credit to manager who signed them.

Which manager was that? Juve is run by Morata and his DOF, Conte left precisely because he didn't get enough say in the transfers.

No, you can't, because most managers don't ever get to sign genius-level midfielder who could transform a side just by walking on the pitch. Which is exactly what Pirlo did in Juve.

Pirlo was having a very average season or 2 before he left Milan. It was not given that Pirlo would be such a hit.

Which manager was that? Juve is run by Morata and his DOF, Conte left precisely because he didn't get enough say in the transfers.

I know. Just saying how everything fell in place magically once Conte was appointed. Rumours are that he left because he knew Italian NT job was available and he was the front runner.

Lets agree to disagree here. I don't rate Conte very highly but his work at Juventus was excellent and the way he rejuvenated that squad was very commendable. He deserves lot of credit for that.

Not a fan of him either then?

Personally I'm neither excited nor disappointed with the reported Conte appointment. Just meh. The sooner this season finishes the better IMO.

Not at all. And to see you go from Jose and Champions to Conte ..... Yeah, I'm you and Rodgers at Liverpool made-up. ;). (Not that I'm saying he's Rodgers. Just the sentiment.).

'Meh' would some up my mood perfectly if I were a Chelsea fan too.

No big write up today ladies and gents just a short one. Absolutely limped over the line in the end! A very cliched game of two halves type of game that. Outstanding in the 1st half **** poor in the 2nd. How poor has Matic become? Hazard's best game for us bar last 30 mins, Traore and Kenedy exciting. Delighted with 3 points. UTC!

No big write up today ladies and gents just a short one. Absolutely limped over the line in the end! A very cliched game of two halves type of game that. Outstanding in the 1st half **** poor in the 2nd. How poor has Matic become? Hazard's best game for us bar last 30 mins, Traore and Kenedy exciting. Delighted with 3 points. UTC!

Matic's problem is all in his head. I thought I saw the Matic I remembered from last season in the first half. He needs to clear his thoughts, or just sit this season out if he can't do that, because at some times he looks below average.

Back