The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Looking at Charly Musonda already at Real Betis he is certainly the one young player we definitely can't let slip away! Already looks an incredible talent with the world at his feet.

Looking at Charly Musonda already at Real Betis he is certainly the one young player we definitely can't let slip away! Already looks an incredible talent with the world at his feet.

[video=youtube;SAwJaIl9RrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAwJaIl9RrA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Reading some clueless posts from obvious people i thought you were in relegation dog fight.

Okay we have managed to win some matches of late but during these victories there has still been questions lingering for me. I'll start with a player who i have criticized for majority of the season but since January i've been more and more vocal about him and that's Oscar. I got hounded quite badly on a Chelsea group after i criticized him after our victory against Man City since then i believe more and more fans have been seeing what i have been seeing (or not seeing if you will). I struggle to understand what he offers us, he doesn't tackle well, pass well, shoot well and he isn't quick to compensate for all that. Some of our better performances of late have come when he didn't feature, does anyone actually believe the Oscar we signed back in 2012 is better than this one?
He's not the only one i'm going to take a pop at today though, as soon as i saw the team sheet and saw Matic and Mikel playing together i knew we would struggle to dominate the match. Matic for me has had the biggest fall from his peak last season to his low this season than any other player in our side and lets be honest there is a fair few candidates. My thoughts on subs is that you didn't start but make sure when/if you come on you show the manager he was wrong not to start you. However 2 of our 3 subs were absolutely woeful today Loic Remy is either injured of offside and Loftus-Cheek showed today he either needs a run of games or needs to nail down an actual position or a combination of both. Of course i'm digging players out here but its the man who picked them who gets my biggest blame of the day and why i'm not one of the ones who want's Hiddink to stay long term. I like the man in general and he's picked the team up but only slightly i mean yes he is unbeaten in the league however that includes at home vs Watford, West Brom, Everton, Man Utd, and now Stoke. That's 1 league win at home in 6 that's 10 points dropped which would put us joint on points with Man City! That is not good enough however i do not blame him completely because my opinion is and always has been this season that this squad needs a big overhaul.

Luckily for my sanity i can sleep with a little bit of happiness inside me tonight (and not just the G&T i'm on) is the continuous rise of Bertrand Traore. It wasn't just his goal for me but he's always on the move, always shows for the ball and his passing is very good i just hope he's allowed to build up them minutes because we could potentially have a gem on our hands here.
Just hope we learn some lessons for mid-week because we will need too. UTC!

Will be cheering for chelsea today, should help PL coefficients a lot.

Want Ibra to end on a high and win CL but dont want only 3 teams for PL in CL.

We can still get something out of this. If we play like in the second half of the first period, that is.

That's GG but I was much more impressed by this show than I was by last years. We're looking a lot more like a team that's a few signings away from greatness again, so lots of positives to be taken.

10 years ago it was 3 out of 4 English clubs in the semis, now barely one can make it into the quarters. How times change.

10 years ago it was 3 out of 4 English clubs in the semis, now barely one can make it into the quarters. How times change.

Its ok Leicester will wreck the champions league next season. Will probably be the only comp where they can play the same as this year ;)

Just trying to remember the last english winners of UEFA cup would I be right in thinking Pool vs Alaves? Had a bottle of white so could be wrong just occurred

I'd of gone for Alaves '01 after working back through Fulham and Middlesbrough's loses. Funny how we quickly forget Chelsea's efforts. :P.

Removed all posts.

Ajt and I have got bored of being nice now.

How do i feel after last nights events, a mixture of emotions to be honest but the biggest one is pessimism. I felt we were actually quite good last night especially in the 1st half but the fact we were so good yet still came away with a defeat just shows how far we have dropped but that's a good thing. We know what level we have to get back too but my pessimism is that i don't believe we will do it and if we do it will not be for the greater good long term.

I was very encouraged by the starting 11, i felt Guus would pick the "bigger" names but he didn't he left both Matic and Oscar on the bench which was the correct decision and i felt more optimistic. I felt we attacked very well, even Hazard at times beat 2-3 men only to be let down by his final ball (not on his own in that Willian is the biggest culprit of this) Costa bullied PSG's back line, Fabregas was closing down so much and we were creating chances. However....... we were let down with our back 4 last night, positionally its the worst i have seen them all season each and every single one of them. We had some excellent chances and Trapp had to made some very good saves and on another night against another keeper it may have been different but before we have a chance to say "it may be different" we have to sort out this defence.

What would i do next season, i'd sign Serge Aurier from PSG an excellent, pacey young right back. Use Nathan Ake at left back when he completes his very successful season at Watford. Zouma is a shoe in but then who partners him if Terry leaves that is the big question. Ivanovic is no spring chicken and in a perfect world i'd cancel Andreas Christensen's 2 year loan but along with Ake there's just no way either player will get a look in at Chelsea ever and its depressing.

Quick thought on the whole "Hazard shirt swap gate" if we had gone through or he done it last season i'm not sure much would have been made of it. Its obvious its something which happens on a regular basis in other countries however he hasn't done it before so why chose now? If he wanted Di Maria's shirt that much why didn't he get it when he played against him last season? I'm not too annoyed with it if i'm honest, i remember Eto'o doing it once when he played for us. The only thing that would have made it better is if them two swapping shirt meant swapping teams at half time because Di Maria is some player.

On to the weekend now where i hope these players can get themselves up for the only thing we have left to play for this season other than pride. UTC!

Carl i havent spoken with you in a long time about Chelsea. But totally agree with you about Oscar. Chelsea's decision to get rid of Mata to allow Oscar a more prominent role was madness. Hazard also doesn't seem to care. Chelsea must find a way to revive him, or sell him for mega funds and reinvest that. More important, you share some key parallels with United. Sort out that managerial position first. Like United it's not even close to terminal, if done quickly and well.

Back