The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Very. It's just a shame to see such talented players doing this sort of thing

Yeah. In all fairness to Diego he's actually calmed it quite a bit under Hiddink. Today it all just boiled over. Anyway congratulations. Overall it was a pretty more match but you definitely deserved the win more than us today (We never turned up).

Yeah. In all fairness to Diego he's actually calmed it quite a bit under Hiddink. Today it all just boiled over. Anyway congratulations. Overall it was a pretty more match but you definitely deserved the win more than us today (We never turned up).

I'm going to be honest-when we went 2-0 up I started to get jittery. Still sore from the West Ham match lol. Remains to be seen who get next-there's not one easy team left to play against-Arsenal being the one team I'd love to avoid.

So that's our season over in the space of a week, and I can't f**king wait for it to end! Seriously this season is slowly turning me insane, either that or someone's drilling into my skull. Hopefully Conte is the man to come in and sort this mess out, I have my reservations about him but f**k it! There's just something right about an Italian being in charge at the Bridge, and surely next season can't be any worse than this. If it is then I'm just going to curl up in the corner and...

stewie.gif

And CHE sold this guy... But also thinking how long can Everton hold on to him if they stay like they are.

https://streamable.com/d9fx

I fully expect Lukaku to leave during the summer, and also possibly have a managerial change. The season officially over for us and has been extremely sub par. Lukaku wants trophies and CL football-something we can't give him. We need to completely restructure and thanks to the new investment we can do. The funds we get from that, along from the sale of Stones (it's obvious he'll leave imo) means we can wipe the slate clean and progress forward. We need restructuring in a few departments

So that'll be a nine game ban then for Costa and his season done?

That's the precedent right?

I fully expect Lukaku to leave during the summer, and also possibly have a managerial change. The season officially over for us and has been extremely sub par. Lukaku wants trophies and CL football-something we can't give him. We need to completely restructure and thanks to the new investment we can do. The funds we get from that, along from the sale of Stones (it's obvious he'll leave imo) means we can wipe the slate clean and progress forward. We need restructuring in a few departments

Think he'll stay to be honest. What team would pay the 40+ million for him?

Not really, remember Ashley Cole got a far bigger fine for calling the FA a bunch of twats than Rio did for being racist to Cole lol

True. The disparity between what happened there, and with Suarez, Evra and Terry had to be seen to be believed.

So he'll probably just get a slap on the wrist.

Well it's hard to ban him for 9 games if a) Barry says he didnt bite him and b) he hasn't got history of biting people, which is why his ban was longer.

Diego Costa, the Chelsea striker, will not face retrospective punishment from the FA for his apparent attempt to bite Gareth Barry during his side’s 2-0 FA Cup defeat at Everton yesterday.
The Spaniard could, however, be hit with an additional ban because of his refusal to leave the field after picking up his second booking for a confrontation with the former England midfield player. The FA is also likely to examine footage which suggests Costa may have made an obscene gesture at the Everton fans at half-time.
The 27-year-old will not have to answer questions over the attempted bite, however, after the FA contacted Everton to establish whether Barry felt he had been bitten. The midfielder has laughed the incident off, insisting to his manager, Roberto Martínez, that it was “nothing to worry about.”
Barry wrote on social media today: “Seen a lot of talk about the incident involving me and Diego Costa in the game last night. For the record Diego did not bite me.”
Barry’s account supports a statement released by Chelsea late last night. “Diego spoke to club officials and expressed regret over his reaction to a challenge from Gareth Barry, but Diego was very clear that he did not bite him at any point during that altercation,” the Barclays Premier League champions said.
Costa remonstrated with Michael Oliver, the referee, and exchanged heated words with two of his assistants after he was shown the red card. The Chelsea striker will receive an automatic one-match ban for his sending-off - as will Barry, who followed him down the tunnel minutes later after he collected his own second yellow card in the game.
Everton booked their place in the FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley thanks to two goals from Romelu Lukaku, the former Chelsea striker.

I unfortunately (or not) missed the game yesterday so don't feel i can comment properly on the game in general but seems as if fans who maybe were trying to be positive are starting to see the real problems others have now and its good because we all need to come together. We all are entitled to our opinions but if we are all in unison we are stronger in voice because no matter what your beliefs are regarding where we have come from etc we are in this current day a team who shouldn't be going through what we are witnessing.

We have had below par seasons/periods since Roman took over but even during them times i believed there was a lot of support for the players and even hierarchy which is evidently not there now and with good reason. From the minute Jose Mourinho was sacked i lost so much interest and belief in the club i adore and players i thought so much of. Don't get me wrong Jose did not help himself especially with the whole "Eva Gate" incident but if it was Jose who in the words of Michael Emenalo created a situation where there was "palpable discord" then how come nothing has really changed especially with players performances. I'm of the belief that Jose is such a good manager that he managed to take majority of these players to a level much higher than their actual level that alongside other sides being well below par anyway.

We then come to the board, if there was valid grounds to sack Jose then surely the board could go too? How can we be under strengthened yet have 30 odd players out on loan! How can we let players like Lukaku and De Bruyne go when both were always going to go on and be outstanding footballers! Why are we bringing in players like Pato who was obviously nowhere near match fitness, paying 100% of his wages and still not played a single minute of football despite him leaving in 9 matches time!!!!!!!

I won't complain about players individual performances because i have done that far too much of late and my views have not changed. The only complaint i have is the players not going over to the sensational travelling support yesterday, these are the hardcore who go every away game spending thousands of their own cash! If i had anything to do with the club any player who doesn't acknowledge the away support pays the supporters back for that trip IN FULL!!!!!!

I hate to say it but even being the pessimist i am we all now realize we are in a bad way. We have absolutely nothing to play for this season now so gain some respect back from some of us fans and play the fringe/younger players for the rest of the season. But it won't happen, Guus Hiddink isn't here next season so why should he think about Chelsea's future? I'm sorry if you disagree but i hate the way i feel about my club and their players at the moment but the saddest part is that i don't see it changing anytime soon.

WOLUTB!!!

Can Diego Costa get 9 game ban even though he didn't bite anyone?

Precedent and all that bs, he didn't even bite anyone.

The idea that Mourinho made our average players look like world-beaters is absurd. There has been a noticeable uptick in form and confidence since Guus arrived. Yes we have not reached our old levels but this is a team whose confidence and morale was completely devastated by being in the relegation zone. Even a Mourinho-Pep hybrid would struggle to recover

Lack of leaders in the dressing room has not helped obviously. Terry is on the way out. Lampard, Drogba and Cech all gone. No more figures around whom the squad can rally around during tough times. No matter. Tine for new leaders to step up next season

This summer needs to be near perfect if we are to recover next season. City and United will be strengthening massively for sure

The idea that Mourinho made our average players look like world-beaters is absurd. There has been a noticeable uptick in form and confidence since Guus arrived. Yes we have not reached our old levels but this is a team whose confidence and morale was completely devastated by being in the relegation zone. Even a Mourinho-Pep hybrid would struggle to recover

Cannot agree mate sorry, with exception of Diego Costa and Fabregas in patches who'd individual performance has improved that much? 1 home win in in 6 in the league, only 3 home wins in 9 in all comps which included wins against Scunthorpe and Man City's U8's!!!!! Morale surely cannot be an issue now can it, if Jose was as poisonous as what was being reported then surely any manager change would have lifted these players. Stats show Hazard has gotten worse!!!!!

Lack of leaders in the dressing room has not helped obviously. Terry is on the way out. Lampard, Drogba and Cech all gone. No more figures around whom the squad can rally around during tough times. No matter. Tine for new leaders to step up next season

This summer needs to be near perfect if we are to recover next season. City and United will be strengthening massively for sure

Losing Drogba for me was the biggest mistake we done in the summer. Terry is a leader of sorts especially on the pitch and with the older players but Drogba is an icon. You could see with every parade of a trophy its Drogba leading the celebrations, every dressing room celebration antic it was Drogba. For me he in a grand scheme of things was a bigger more influential leader than JT.

Who would be that leader? Cant see anyone in the squad who would step up take that role when Terry should leave.

I wouldn't mind having Dave as the captain. Just as long as it's not Cahill...

Back