The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
You do realise that L'pool have kept ticking over with trophy's right throughout the PL era right?

Even if you want to go recently, since 2000 there's only United (20) and Chelsea (17) won more trophies than L'pool's 11. (Along with Arsenal's 11.). And no English club comes close to their 4 European trophy's this Century.

People get so hung up on the wait for a 19th title they completely negate how the club continues to tick over with silverware on a regular basis.

No one's saying you're ****, but you've definitely lost your elite status. If that happens to us, we can't laugh at you nearly as much anymore, so it's imperative we start recovering ASAP.

Can you see Oscar being sold in the summer? Personally hope we cash in on him and bring a new face in to play the "number 10" role. Shame really that he just hasn't developed into the player every chelsea fan hoped for and what he showed potential to be when he replaced Mata in the side.

maybe Juan can return if the special one ends up at old Trafford :P

Oscar was wanted at Juve when he was there so who knows.

I'd be very surprised if Mata is sold, even under Jose. Extremely popular, one of our best and Jose doesn't havea god like status at United to bail him out of that.

No one's saying you're ****, but you've definitely lost your elite status. If that happens to us, we can't laugh at you nearly as much anymore, so it's imperative we start recovering ASAP.

We're on the way to recovering that as much as anyone else under Klopp so for your sake hopefully you do. We relish the challenge.

I think the fear of Chelsea ending up with Liverpool's drop in status is overstated. Conte will join with a clear view on what he wants, and provided the club listen, they will be back soon enough.

Oscar was wanted at Juve when he was there so who knows.

I'd be very surprised if Mata is sold, even under Jose. Extremely popular, one of our best and Jose doesn't havea god like status at United to bail him out of that.

once apon a time at chelsea :( still my favourite player 2 years after leaving.

I think the fear of Chelsea ending up with Liverpool's drop in status is overstated. Conte will join with a clear view on what he wants, and provided the club listen, they will be back soon enough.

My thoughts exactly Mike. IMO a lot of the fanbase are overreacting (To both sides of the argument) at the moment. Conte will definitely have his work cut out for him, but it's not this vast transition that people seem to be talking about.

I'd fear a lot less about Chelsea's position. To a certain point they're more used to managerial changes than lets say ManU and I think Chelsea has a very good foundation. If a new coach doesn't like the players they have right now, they still have 20 decent ones on loan and they can always buy a few top players.

My thoughts exactly Mike. IMO a lot of the fanbase are overreacting (To both sides of the argument) at the moment. Conte will definitely have his work cut out for him, but it's not this vast transition that people seem to be talking about.

Next season will be tougher than ever though. We have the Manchester clubs flush with money and being managed by world-class managers. We have a good side in Arsenal. We also have resurgent sides in Tottenham and West Ham plus an excellent Leicester side. And of course a Liverpool side that will only get better under Kloppo

This season is what it is, because players decided they don't like Jose. We play like ****, because they have nothing to fight for, other than a decent finish up the table. We are far from a dire situation, and certainly not becoming a mediocre team.
The Everton loss can be attributed to our disappointing exit from the Champions League. That was pretty much our last true objective.
I am not expecting us to win the title next year, but in two years time, it can be done.

Conte always demands high fitness levels from his players so I can't see anyone coming in to next season carrying a few extra pounds

Classy goal in the cl by cuadrado. Wonder what will happen with him next season

Great goal.

Pep failing miserably in Europe again. Which makes his Bayern tenure a complete failure being as that was his remit. To win the Champions League.

Enjoy City.

Last edited:
Still got 5 minutes to force the equaliser you never know with Bayern

Been real good drama this.

Juve should of been out of sight H/T. 2-0. Neuer a Worldie save. And a perfect good goal wrongly disallowed. Missed chances to extend it early second half. Then Bayern finally started exploiting the Big Pole's advantage and Juventus are hanging on.

*Edit* And there you go. Eva's first screw up of the night and it costs the equaliser. Happy for another half hour of this.

Last edited:
Been real good drama this.

Juve should of been out of sight H/T. 2-0. Neuer a Worldie save. And a perfect good goal wrongly disallowed. Missed chances to extend it early second half. Then Bayern finally started exploiting the Big Pole's advantage and Juventus are hanging on.

I've not watched but wish that I had been maintaining my FPL twitter and my website doing stuff on the double gameweeks I am slowly growing so needed to put time in it (although I did boot a game up for 20 mins too) but just seen on my feed that they have equalised may have to tune in for extra time!

I've not watched but wish that I had been maintaining my FPL twitter and my website doing stuff on the double gameweeks I am slowly growing so needed to put time in it (although I did boot a game up for 20 mins too) but just seen on my feed that they have equalised may have to tune in for extra time!

Juventus hanging on now in a game they deserved to win. Can't see them threatening extra time. Algeri's gone defensive with his subs.

Juventus hanging on now in a game they deserved to win. Can't see them threatening extra time. Algeri's gone defensive with his subs.

I would say its a shame but having 3 Bayern players in my UCL team its really not haha, Bayern will want to win this in extra time, Pens would be mega interesting though with these 2 keepers gunna find a stream now I think

I would say its a shame but having 3 Bayern players in my UCL team its really not haha, Bayern will want to win this in extra time, Pens would be mega interesting though with these 2 keepers gunna find a stream now I think

This has been sound for me all night:

Bayern Munich vs Juventus** *** ***

*Edit* And just as I post that it starts getting jittery. Sods law lol.

Last edited:
Thanks but got one on Zunok, how has Coman been since coming on, seen him maybe 5-6 times this season looks a real talent everytime I have caught him. Another off that French conveyor belt

Sound. Put the ball over for the unmarked Muller after Evra lost it the last minute equaliser. Just been on a great run into the Juve box but couldn't find the finish.

Back