The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
I wouldn't mind having Dave as the captain. Just as long as it's not Cahill...

He dosent seem like a leader for me, but probably the best option.

If Matic played like he did when Chelsea signed him then he would be better option imo.

For me Captains should be CM/DM or CBs. They read the game and situation better.

It's a little random but recently I've been reading through some of the 'fanposts' on WAGNH, and at times the comments truly are amazing. It's quite evident that some people have either been playing too much FIFA or too much FM (Or both). They really are absurd (At least to me), especially the 'my squad for next season' type comments.

It's a little random but recently I've been reading through some of the 'fanposts' on WAGNH, and at times the comments truly are amazing. It's quite evident that some people have either been playing too much FIFA or too much FM (Or both). They really are absurd (At least to me), especially the 'my squad for next season' type comments.

Yeah fan comments are funny I remember Subtle telling me about one sayijg Hazard was a better playmaker/10 than Ozil or Silva

Cesc as captain maybe? Zouma could certainly be a future captain but maybe a bit too soon for him.

Italian FA president Carlo Tavecchio:

"Antonio Conte has told me his experience with Italy ends after the Euros".

... It's inevitable.

James for Hazard big rumour this morning, it wont happen player swaps never do. But lets say it did would you be happy?

I mean me personally if it happened I would want cash coming the other way too tbf, sell oscar put James at 10 and then invest in a new wideman. Sounds easy in theory but easier said then done.

Most likely, it seems to be the easiest option. But Brana's not 'captain material' IMO.

Not chelsea material either anymore to be honest! No disrespect to the man I adore him he has been a brilliant rb for us over the years and has popped up with so many vital goals but his performances for the pat year or so have been no where near good enough and its a mystery how he is still a regular in the starting line up.

I am genuinely afraid we will end up in a Liverpool type situation after this season. Mediocre team with no hope of winning trophies combined with a completely delusional fan base that expects us to be champions

That is why this summer is so important. Roman has to show ambition and make funds available unlike last summer

I am genuinely afraid we will end up in a Liverpool type situation after this season. Mediocre team with no hope of winning trophies combined with a completely delusional fan base that expects us to be champions

That is why this summer is so important. Roman has to show ambition and make funds available unlike last summer

You will see players sold, because Chelsea's business but be self sufficient under Roman (his own words). Expect to see a lot of fringe and loanded out youth sold, a few big names too. 5 players coming in.

I am genuinely afraid we will end up in a Liverpool type situation after this season. Mediocre team with no hope of winning trophies .....

You do realise that L'pool have kept ticking over with trophy's right throughout the PL era right?

Even if you want to go recently, since 2000 there's only United (20) and Chelsea (17) won more trophies than L'pool's 11. (Along with Arsenal's 11.). And no English club comes close to their 4 European trophy's this Century.

People get so hung up on the wait for a 19th title they completely negate how the club continues to tick over with silverware on a regular basis.

Last edited:
You do realise that L'pool have kept ticking over with trophy's right right throughout the PL era?

Even if you want to go recently, since 2000 there's only United (20) and Chelsea (17) won more trophies than L'pool's 11. (Along with Arsenal's 11.). And no English club comes close to their 4 European trophy's this Century.

People get so hung up on the wait for a 19th title they completely negate how the club continues to tick over with silverware on a regular basis.

Football started in 1990, rookie :)

You will see players sold, because Chelsea's business but be self sufficient under Roman (his own words). Expect to see a lot of fringe and loanded out youth sold, a few big names too. 5 players coming in.

Can you see Oscar being sold in the summer? Personally hope we cash in on him and bring a new face in to play the "number 10" role. Shame really that he just hasn't developed into the player every chelsea fan hoped for and what he showed potential to be when he replaced Mata in the side.

maybe Juan can return if the special one ends up at old Trafford :P

Back