The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
I don't really get the hate for the Pato deal. We got him in as our 2nd/3rd striker, but in the time it's taken for him to get fit, Traore has really proven himself worth that spot and so now we don't need him. Very little harm done.

Its not that the deal has done us any harm. It just shows there are serious problems with our recruiting process. By all accounts, we got Pato because our current strikers had fitness and injury issues. Yet Pato himself took 6 weeks to get up to speed. So he really could not have fulfilled the purpose we got him for

Which really beggars the question on what exactly was the thought process behind buying him. These are questions we have really been asking since the summer. Something is wrong with the way we conduct transfer business

I don't really get the hate for the Pato deal. We got him in as our 2nd/3rd striker, but in the time it's taken for him to get fit, Traore has really proven himself worth that spot and so now we don't need him. Very little harm done.

Me neither. Also the financial risk is so low that it's not even worth discussing. RLC's new contract however, now that's worth discussing. £60,000-per-week! For what?

Me neither. Also the financial risk is so low that it's not even worth discussing. RLC's new contract however, now that's worth discussing. £60,000-per-week! For what?

HOLA!

Talk about making a youngster think he's made it too soon. 20 years old. 14 first team games in and he get's bumped to THAT?!!!!!

Hope he doesn't go the other way now and start thinking he's Billy Big Bollocks and stops working and living it up.

With the amount of money that is about to pour into the game, such wages will be par for the course. Also the whole reason he is offered such wages was to entice him into signing a 5 year contract until he is 25. 60k p/w will seem like a bargain if he starts to fulfill some of his massive potential in that period

Yes it is a gamble obviously but what isn't in the business of football?

Walter Sabatini (Conte apparently wants him to replace Emenalo as Technical Director) speaking to Mediaset earlier.

"There's no mystery around my future. I asked (President James) Pallotta to rescind my contract on 30/06/2016 and he accepted".

When questioned about Chelsea he replied.

Will I be heading to London? No, I speak terrible English!".

I sure hope we move quickly and efficiently in the transfer market and secure our targets. No excuses since our season has finished. Plenty of time to start planning

Don't know it it's media bullshit, or Courtois is actually forcing a move from the club. I will refrain from calling that individual any names, until some actual facts surface.

Don't know it it's media bullshit, or Courtois is actually forcing a move from the club. I will refrain from calling that individual any names, until some actual facts surface.

The quotes were pretty badly translated. He basically said that at international level, you are playing with the best of the best, whilst at club level, there's training with reserves, young players etc etc. Which then got spun into "the level at Chelsea is much lower than with Belgium." Didn't sound like he wanted to say Chelsea's squad was bad, seemed more like he is still majorly ambitious and loves the international training environment because it's focussed and full of elite players.

There is a hint that he might want to go to a club that has a squad as elite as Belgium's but that is our inference not his implication I think a lot of our fans need to learn the difference between the two.

Last edited:
The quotes were pretty badly translated. He basically said that at international level, you are playing with the best of the best, whilst at club level, there's training with reserves, young players etc etc. Which then got spun into "the level at Chelsea is much lower than with Belgium." Didn't sound like he wanted to say Chelsea's squad was bad, seemed more like he is still majorly ambitious and loves the international training environment because it's focussed and full of elite players.

There is a hint that he might want to go to a club that has a squad as elite as Belgium's but that is our inference not his implication I think a lot of our fans need to learn the difference between the two.

But why even say that, its quite obvious and the same at every club you mix with the youth players where as at International level you play with the best of that nation. Stupid comment to make regardless

But why even say that, its quite obvious and the same at every club you mix with the youth players where as at International level you play with the best of that nation. Stupid comment to make regardless

Because they asked him. It might be an obvious answer but they did ask him how he was enjoying his time with the national team, what was different about it etc. The problem is that his words were twisted really, not that he said them.

Great example is Hummels the other day. Journalist asks him: "rumours link you to Chelsea but they have no CL football whilst BVB do, that's an argument to stay put no?". Hummels says yes, such things definitely do factor into a player's decision to move. Headlines from that? "German international snubs Chelsea" He did no such thing, all he did was confirm the interviewers assertion that a lack of CL was not ideal. The thing I think many people need to realise is how little regulation there is with press standards when it comes to this sort of interview, and how footballers in particular are not especially savvy. A huge number of things you read them saying will be answers that they have been very neatly lead to, because it makes a great story. You ever wonder why Jose was so popular with the press here? A large part of it was down to the fact that he understood this, and would give journalists the perfect soundbites without them needing to press him. It's no coincidence that they turned on him when he stopped playing along and began to basically ignore the lead questions he would previously indulge.

Because they asked him. It might be an obvious answer but they did ask him how he was enjoying his time with the national team, what was different about it etc. The problem is that his words were twisted really, not that he said them.

Great example is Hummels the other day. Journalist asks him: "rumours link you to Chelsea but they have no CL football whilst BVB do, that's an argument to stay put no?". Hummels says yes, such things definitely do factor into a player's decision to move. Headlines from that? "German international snubs Chelsea" He did no such thing, all he did was confirm the interviewers assertion that a lack of CL was not ideal. The thing I think many people need to realise is how little regulation there is with press standards when it comes to this sort of interview, and how footballers in particular are not especially savvy. A huge number of things you read them saying will be answers that they have been very neatly lead to, because it makes a great story. You ever wonder why Jose was so popular with the press here? A large part of it was down to the fact that he understood this, and would give journalists the perfect soundbites without them needing to press him. It's no coincidence that they turned on him when he stopped playing along and began to basically ignore the lead questions he would previously indulge.

Oh i know things get twisted etc its just these players in this day and age go through hours and hours of media training and it was 2 separate quotes not headlines from Courtois which Chelsea fans aren't happy with. Just think he could have been more careful because all its done now is got Chelsea fans asking him to take a look at himself and his performances

Just a few thoughts on today, first of all very frustrated he didn't start with Traore, Remy as i keep saying will 100% be sold in the summer so no point giving him minutes. However a side from that was good to see Miazga, Kenedy and Loftus-Cheek start but topped off with ACTUAL LEFT AND RIGHT BACKS PLAYING AT LEFT AND RIGHT BACK!!!!!!!

On personal performances felt Miazga had a steady game with little to do and Loftus-Cheek when with the ball at his feet at times really is exciting. I hope he starts believing and accepting his role and starts to have a voice because this team is massively lacking natural leaders. Pedro is one of the players i wouldn't mind staying, needs to work on his consistency but today i was impressed. Always good to see a player score on his debut and fair play to Pato for winning and dispatching the penalty, at times he looked a threat but you could see his massively lacking match fitness (100% the clubs/Interim managers fault).

A routine victory along with some good performances all be it against a very poor Championship opposition. All in all the day for me was about the two double barreled named academy graduates Loftus-Cheek and Clarke-Salter lets hope we don't just see more of these kids this season but that the new manager carries it on.

UTC!

Excellent.

From a Worldie manager in Mourinho, to Antonio Conte.

This gets my seal of approval!

Big statement from you guys, congrats! Will be very interesting to see how he approaches things tactically, he's a big fan of three at the back with wing backs

I like Conte as a manager but although i always am i'm still pessimistic because our problems lie deeper than the manager. The club needs an overhaul from boardroom members, backroom staff to players and overall our philosophy!

This is in my eyes our biggest summer since i can remember, i fear instead of cracking the whip and making changes he will give players a chance to prove themselves which some of them do not merit.

If the past is anything to teach us then having an Italian in charge = trophies for Chelsea. Of our 4 previous Italian managers only Ranieri failed to win a trophy with the other 3 sharing 10!

I have my fingers crossed but i'll reiterate this summer is absolutely massive for Chelsea and i worry as Conte's head is 100% on Italy this summer (as it should be) the powers above will be dealing with player recruitment in and outs and that's something we DON'T WANT!!!!!

Back