The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Conte will be looking to have a super fit squad ready from game 1 next season. Buying player wise he will probably want to have a tireless worker in the middle.

He really rated Vidal as he was such a good all rounder at Juve, Conte will be after a similar player for Chelsea I'd imagine.

Wonder if he will go with his 3-5-2 formation

Really? Not a fan then, why because he's only managed in a league where his side was the best?

Couldn't fail at Juve. It's like Munich or Glasgow. Since they got their own ground, they're that far ahead of the rest of Serie A financially it's not even funny. But he did in Europe.

As he has with the National side. His Italian sides are absolutely woeful.

Conte will be looking to have a super fit squad ready from game 1 next season. Buying player wise he will probably want to have a tireless worker in the middle.

He really rated Vidal as he was such a good all rounder at Juve, Conte will be after a similar player for Chelsea I'd imagine.

Yeah, that probably explains the rumours around Vidal and Nainggolan. But I can't see him using a 3-5-2 formation at Chelsea next season. We don't have the squad for it. I imagine he'll go with a 4-3-3.

Sky Italia reporter said she reckons Nainggolan coming to Chelsea is a very high percentage so would be a great start.

Couldn't fail at Juve. It's like Munich or Glasgow. Since they got their own ground, they're that far ahead of the rest of Serie A financially it's not even funny. But he did in Europe.

As he has with the National side. His Italian sides are absolutely woeful.

Same could be said of Pep Guardiola nah? Both sides managed have been massively better than anyone else in that league? Conte helped rebuild the Juve side so deserves credit for that and something which needs to happen with Chelsea. Italian National side is very average in players at the moment

Sky Italia reporter said she reckons Nainggolan coming to Chelsea is a very high percentage so would be a great start.

Would be a very decent start if you got him. I was fuming when Roma singed him (I'm a Milan fan).

Players like him are my favorite types of player, Vidal, pre injury Strootman, Nainggolan etc

Would be a very decent start if you got him. I was fuming when Roma singed him (I'm a Milan fan).

Players like him are my favorite types of player, Vidal, pre injury Strootman, Nainggolan etc

For me him and Cavani improves us 10 fold straight away

Defended Conte very much in this forum as he was very much responsible for rebuilding Juve, going from 7th place to unbeaten season and winning the league.

Saying that tactically he isn't very good and his record in Europe is very poor. Will be interesting to see if he sticks with his 3-4-3/3-5-2 formation.

League will be very interesting with lot of top coaches.

To be honest it could well turn to s**t (this is Chelsea after all), but given that we've been absolutely woeful this season it surely can't get any worse. Conte seems to be the best (available) man for the job. However the one thing I've read about him that appealed to me is that he's apparently quite flexible tactically, which is a godsend IMO. Hopefully he gives some of the youngsters a chance, specifically Aké, Christensen, Kenedy, Loftus-Cheek and Traoré because they can only be a benefit to the squad next season.

Definitely, but I can't see Cavani leaving PSG when next season he'll be the main man with Zlatan gone.

Yeah good shout that, forgot Ibra was leaving.

Think you will keep Costa?

Cause that's an imposing twosome up front if him and Cavani start haha

Would be a sensational duo, i think we will keep him unless he wants to leave.

Defended Conte very much in this forum as he was very much responsible for rebuilding Juve, going from 7th place to unbeaten season and winning the league.

Saying that tactically he isn't very good and his record in Europe is very poor. Will be interesting to see if he sticks with his 3-4-3/3-5-2 formation.

League will be very interesting with lot of top coaches.

I think it will be tough implementing the 3-5-2 in the premier league especially as we haven't got the correct players for it right now. Juve just wasn't good enough for Europe that's all basically, best in their league by a country mile just not up to the standard of the best. I would expect Chelsea have better foundations to build a better squad in general.

To be honest it could well turn to s**t (this is Chelsea after all), but given that we've been absolutely woeful this season it surely can't get any worse. Conte seems to be the best (available) man for the job. However the one thing I've read about him that appealed to me is that he's apparently quite flexible tactically, which is a godsend IMO. Hopefully he gives some of the youngsters a chance, specifically Aké, Christensen, Kenedy, Loftus-Cheek and Traoré because they can only be a benefit to the squad next season.

Some kids in this first team squad HAS to happen, all of the ones you mentioned alongside Charley Musonda are ones who should be in the squad from next season 100%!

I'm not sure why everyone is so adamant he will play 3 at the back with an industrious midfield. It was pretty clear that he did it at Juve to suit their squad and to bring the best out of Pirlo. I would be very surprised not to see us play 4-3-3, as that's what he was angling for towards the end of his time at Juve iirc.

I'm not sure why everyone is so adamant he will play 3 at the back with an industrious midfield. It was pretty clear that he did it at Juve to suit their squad and to bring the best out of Pirlo. I would be very surprised not to see us play 4-3-3, as that's what he was angling for towards the end of his time at Juve iirc.

I'm a huge fan of 4-3-3 especially with Chelsea, felt we should have gone that way this season when we still had Ramires

I'm not sure why everyone is so adamant he will play 3 at the back with an industrious midfield. It was pretty clear that he did it at Juve to suit their squad and to bring the best out of Pirlo. .

I think 3-man defense was mostly because Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini are all so good, it would be criminal to keep one of them on the bench.

I think 3-man defense was mostly because Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini are all so good, it would be criminal to keep one of them on the bench.

Indeed. IIRC there were three main reasons behind the system he utilised at Juve. One the fact that he had three brilliant CB's in Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini. Two as Subtle alluded to it enabled him to get the best out of Pirlo, and three Vidal.

He will play what fits the squad he builds, looking at Chelsea, could well be 4-3-3

On a related note, will be very interesting to see if he wants to bring Cuadrado back.

On a related note, will be very interesting to see if he wants to bring Cuadrado back.

He left Juve because the club failed to sign certain targets, one of which (apparently) being Cuadrado. So I imagine Conte would want him. Whether or not Cuadrado would like to return to Chelsea is another matter. He might already have his mind set on a permanent transfer to Juve.

Back