The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
He left Juve because the club failed to sign certain targets, one of which (apparently) being Cuadrado. So I imagine Conte would want him. Whether or not Cuadrado would like to return to Chelsea is another matter. He might already have his mind set on a permanent transfer to Juve.

Read that he left Juventus because he knew Italy job was his to lose.

I'm a huge fan of 4-3-3 especially with Chelsea, felt we should have gone that way this season when we still had Ramires

He will play what fits the squad he builds, looking at Chelsea, could well be 4-3-3

I'm sure I remember that he wanted to use 4-3-3 at Juve but when he saw how good Vidal was he changed his plans and went 3-5-2.

If he doesn't get a player like him at Chelsea he probably will go 4-3-3 which fits the current squad better

According to reports, Conte has already handed in a list of targets and has started to meet key players (Hazard, Matic etc.) to determine whether they want to leave or not. Absolutely no excuse for the hierachy not to get transfer business settled efficiently this summer

According to reports, Conte has already handed in a list of targets and has started to meet key players (Hazard, Matic etc.) to determine whether they want to leave or not. Absolutely no excuse for the hierachy not to get transfer business settled efficiently this summer

HAS to happen! The new manager has to have HIS say in transfers this summer simple as that.

Are you guys worried Conte might get sanctioned for whatever he did in 2004? I thought it was some betting?

Are you guys worried Conte might get sanctioned for whatever he did in 2004? I thought it was some betting?

Not really, judge apparantly wants a suspended sentence but he's saying he did nothing wrong anyway. The only thing about the whole issue which is frustrating is that whenever Chelsea win a big game/trophy all the childish berks on twitter will suggest we fixed the whole thing!

What does everyone think of our interest in Rajda Nainggolan?
He'll be Conte's Matic, dunno what will happen to Matic tho.I feel that we shouldn't go in for Stones, he'll be too costly, same for Lukaku.We can count on Conte to get us a good CB, what about Striker, who should we go for?I'm thinking Griezmann here but he'll be hard to get

He'll be Conte's Matic, dunno what will happen to Matic tho.I feel that we shouldn't go in for Stones, he'll be too costly, same for Lukaku.We can count on Conte to get us a good CB, what about Striker, who should we go for?I'm thinking Griezmann here but he'll be hard to get

He won't replace Matic, they compliment each other really well. I imagine they'll work as a double pivot, a sort of semi fluid shield in front of the defense where both players can defend and go forward. It will really, really suit Matic because one of his big issues this season has been when he goes out to challenge players, there is no one to cover for him defensively so if he doesn't win his duel, suddenly there is a free run at our defence. With Radja there, he's free to press a lot more aggressively, which in turn lets Fabregas do his thing.

Oscar, imo, needs to adapt to CM, get better creatively or he is out.

He won't replace Matic, they compliment each other really well. I imagine they'll work as a double pivot, a sort of semi fluid shield in front of the defense where both players can defend and go forward. It will really, really suit Matic because one of his big issues this season has been when he goes out to challenge players, there is no one to cover for him defensively so if he doesn't win his duel, suddenly there is a free run at our defence. With Radja there, he's free to press a lot more aggressively, which in turn lets Fabregas do his thing.

Oscar, imo, needs to adapt to CM, get better creatively or he is out.

What really excites me though is the reported interest in acquiring 2 centre-halves. We have been lacking quality in that area for so long, its really about time. Plus adding another striker should give us many options

It really all depends on execution in the transfer market. Play our cards right and I can see us being title challengers next season with no European football to distract us either

Going to say something i know many will dis-agree with here and its something i've been thinking since it became apparent Hiddink wasn't staying next season and we had nothing to play for this season. Why still employ him??? He doesn't care about the future of this football club and why should he? Loftus-Cheek arguably our most dangerous looking player going forward today gets subbed off for FALCAO!!!! A player who 100% will not be playing his football with Chelsea next season, how does that help us going forward! Oscar getting start after start when its 100% guaranteed he be woeful!

Hiddink's "unbeaten" league run now comes to an end and it was a myth of a run anyway. 1 home win in them 16 matches, ONE HOME WIN! I don't even blame him i blame these players far more, this squad he has to work with now have not got the quarter of ability and mentality of the one he took over in 2009!

The club is an absolute laughing stock from top to bottom right now and its killing us supporters, SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE!

He doesn't care about the future of this football club and why should he? oftus-Cheek arguably our most dangerous looking player going forward today gets subbed off for FALCAO!!!!

He loves the club and cares a lot about us. Pretty sure RCL got subbed off because he was tired: the boy rarely makes it past 70 mins.

He loves the club and cares a lot about us. Pretty sure RCL got subbed off because he was tired: the boy rarely makes it past 70 mins.

Even that aside..... FALCAO!!!! That's not helping us long term is it?

Very happy if Costa stays. Past few months have shown that if he puts his mind to something, he can be a great asset on the pitch

Followed by Balotelli and Pato probably!

Falcao will fail even in Chinese league. No doubt about that.

Remember when Pedro crossed the ball and Falcao headed it (think it was against Crystal Palace), the bald **** aka Duncan Castles mocked ManUtd for missing out on Pedro and not signing Falcao, funny game Football.

Now that we've had time for the dust to really clear, can we all agree that Jose's 2nd spell at the club was basically a disaster?

I mean:

- He was here for 2 and half seasons, of which we played great for 1/5th, ok for 2/5ths, badly for 1/5th and terribly for 1/5th.

- We probably shouldn't have won the league last year, with most of it being down to Hazard carrying us and City dropping point after point.

- The year before that we lost it because we had no creativity to break down the smaller teams, which was largely down to his preferences.

- The list of players he sold or isolated is really pretty damning.

- His tactical set up was, frankly, *****. There's a reason no other team in the world plays a box to box player at 10 with a slow, defensively suspect passer behind him in the pivot. It's stupid and it worked for all of 6 months before Spurs came along and realised that all that had to do was press Fabregas and forget Oscar was even there.

- Increased friction in the dressing room

- Very, very bad public image this time around. Appeared spiteful instead of playful to most.

I mean it's a pretty damning list. Did we really see any of our players improve or develop under him especially either? Arguably Hazard's workrate, but that's seriously debatable. Love the man he used to be but if he wasn't a legend then I'm pretty sure most of us would think his tenure was pretty shocking.

Back