The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
And Utd have bungled their managerial search to the point they're left with that .....

..... I hope for their sake and more his he's taken stock and changed his attitude. Because if he fails next time out I don't know where he goes because I don't see his reputation recovering. The self inflicted damage he's done his second go-around is spectacular.

And Utd have bungled their managerial search to the point they're left with that .....

..... I hope for their sake and more his he's taken stock and changed his attitude. Because if he fails next time out I don't know where he goes because I don't see his reputation recovering. The self inflicted damage he's done his second go-around is spectacular.

He might be about to get an offer from PSG i would think...

Petrodolars don't care about image. You should know.

Ooohh burn. lol.
latest

He might be about to get an offer from PSG i would think...

Pity as I really hope he ends up at your neighbours. (Does Trafford count as a Manchester neighbour? :P.).

Still think, outside of keeping Van Gaal, it's the worst possible move they could make.

Now that we've had time for the dust to really clear, can we all agree that Jose's 2nd spell at the club was basically a disaster?

I mean:

- He was here for 2 and half seasons, of which we played great for 1/5th, ok for 2/5ths, badly for 1/5th and terribly for 1/5th.

- We probably shouldn't have won the league last year, with most of it being down to Hazard carrying us and City dropping point after point.

- The year before that we lost it because we had no creativity to break down the smaller teams, which was largely down to his preferences.

- The list of players he sold or isolated is really pretty damning.

- His tactical set up was, frankly, *****. There's a reason no other team in the world plays a box to box player at 10 with a slow, defensively suspect passer behind him in the pivot. It's stupid and it worked for all of 6 months before Spurs came along and realised that all that had to do was press Fabregas and forget Oscar was even there.

- Increased friction in the dressing room

- Very, very bad public image this time around. Appeared spiteful instead of playful to most.

I mean it's a pretty damning list. Did we really see any of our players improve or develop under him especially either? Arguably Hazard's workrate, but that's seriously debatable. Love the man he used to be but if he wasn't a legend then I'm pretty sure most of us would think his tenure was pretty shocking.

1. Somewhat true although which of the big teams played well consistently in the past few years. I think this is also largely down to how competitive the EPL has become rather than any fault on Jose's part. Could he have done better? Definitely but blame has to be appropriated properly

2. Well you could apply the case to many title winning teams in the past. Fergie's United arguably only won the title in his last season due to RVP heroics and every other team imploding. The number of genuine title winning teams that have not benefitted from a star player carrying them ans every other team being **** in the EPL is not that many

3. Agreed although the players he had at his disposal also left much to be desired

4. Partly true. Mourinho wanted to keep Lukaku but Lukaku forced through the move. He could have done more to keep KDB. He also should have done a lot more to bring through young players rather than just give the issue lip talk

Completely agree on the last 2 points

It's hilarious, they're so desperate, they're deluded themselves into the idea that Mourinho automatically guarantees success.

It's not 2005. If he guaranteed success, he wouldn't be available to begin with.

It's hilarious, they're so desperate, they're deluded themselves into the idea that Mourinho automatically guarantees success.

It's not 2005. If he guaranteed success, he wouldn't be available to begin with.

He does though? Every club he has been at, he has won trophies before imploding. Well he did not implode at Porto and Inter anyways. The point is that his methods are not really conduicive to guarentee success long term. If he really wants to create a dynasty like Fergie, he will need to reinvent himself as a manager

He does though? Every club he has been at, he has won trophies before imploding.

He also only manages clubs that tend to win trophies on regular basis anyway. Chelsea in 2005 being the one exception.

He also only manages clubs that tend to win trophies on regular basis anyway. Chelsea in 2005 being the one exception.

Yet he won CLs with unfancied European clubs in Inter Milan and Porto. He won the league with Real Madrid againsy a Barcelona side that was widely being considered the best team of their generation. And he won the league with Chelsea for the first time since 2009.

Yet he won CLs with unfancied European clubs in Inter Milan and Porto. He won the league with Real Madrid againsy a Barcelona side that was widely being considered the best team of their generation. And he won the league with Chelsea for the first time since 2009.

Porto did dive for 90 mins vs United mind haha

Yet he won CLs with unfancied European clubs in Inter Milan and Porto.

Oh stop. His Inter team was stacked. Freaking wall of a defense with Lucio, Maicon and Walter Samuel. Top midfield with Zanetti, Cambiasso and Sneijder, and pre-decline Eto upfront. Moratti nearly drove himself to bankruptcy buying players to try and win Champions League. It was an unexpected result, but hardly a big shocker.

Porto was another story, but they were extremely lucky with draws in that campaign, with big teams mostly eliminating each other, and they had some lucky ref calls vs. United if I remember correctly.

He won the league with Real Madrid againsy a Barcelona side that was widely being considered the best team of their generation.

He hardly did it with a bunch of farm boys, did he? It was the most expensive squad ever built. If his name wasn't Jose Mourinho, he woulda been fired after the first disastrous season, and that'd be about it. That's the thing about Madrid, they have so much resources, all you have to do is put a competent manager there, give him time and trophies are going to come.

But giving people time is not what they do now, is it? Look what happened to Benitez. He got fired with 2 points off the top, Zidane managed to be 10 points behind at some point. Now Barca started losing points and Madrid are slowly catching up. Had they kept Rafa and avoided managerial turnmoil in middle of the season, they might have as well lead the table now.

And he won the league with Chelsea for the first time since 2009.

That he did, but Leicester and Spurs leading the table a year later kind of shows you what really happened. He won the title because in last 2-3 years big teams in PL have completely collapsed, rather than through some godlike tactics.

Mourinho's biggest achievement to me is his first stint at Chelsea. He came to the league were Invincibles and United were running rampage, and he ******* dominated. You were really destroying teams back then. Imagine if he didn't fell out with Roman, you'd probably have 10 years of total domination with Mourinho at the helm and Abramovich's spending unchecked by FPP.

Everything else he did, while obviously still impressive, was hardly some unexpected stroke of managerial genius that only Jose could pull of.

Last edited:
Porto did dive for 90 mins vs United mind haha

Will never forget that game. Full of diving, Scholes goal ruled out even though he was onside and Tim Howard playing like a clown.

Still credit to Porto and Jose, no one expected them to win that season.

Filiple Luis is unbelievably good LB. Not sure what happened to him at Chelsea, the way he defended today was unreal. Composure at both ends of the pitch.

Filiple Luis is unbelievably good LB. Not sure what happened to him at Chelsea, the way he defended today was unreal. Composure at both ends of the pitch.

Nothing happened to him, we just didn't play him because, I **** you not, Jose wanted X number of players above X height in the squad, which meant keeping Iva at RB. Seeing as Dave was playing so well at LB, that left no room for Luis...

Nothing happened to him, we just didn't play him because, I **** you not, Jose wanted X number of players above X height in the squad, which meant keeping Iva at RB. Seeing as Dave was playing so well at LB, that left no room for Luis...

Is that true? Sounds very silly reason.

Also when he played he didn't look as good. Maybe something to do with adapting to the league.

Is that true? Sounds very silly reason.

Also when he played he didn't look as good. Maybe something to do with adapting to the league.
Nope Mourinho just likes his back 4 to be 6ft plus. Something he learnt from the Tony Pulis school of defending maybe?.

Nope Mourinho just likes his back 4 to be 6ft plus. Something he learnt from the Tony Pulis school of defending maybe?.

TBF on FM I currently have an obsession with looking for defenders 6 foot 5 plus haha

LB/RB is 6'5, CB 6'6 other CB 6'5. Passlack lets me down at 5'7 sadly but he is so good lol

Surely can't be why Luis was left on the bench though? Seems very odd!

TBF on FM I currently have an obsession with looking for defenders 6 foot 5 plus haha

LB/RB is 6'5, CB 6'6 other CB 6'5. Passlack lets me down at 5'7 sadly but he is so good lol

Surely can't be why Luis was left on the bench though? Seems very odd!

It was the reason. Completely absurd

If that's anywhere near truth then it's ridiculous excuse not to play such a player.

Back