The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
It would be even more stupid, since he was the one in charge when he was bought.

Searched around a bit regarding this and I didn't find anything.

Azpi is shorter than Filipe Luis, so that can't be the reason.

Any links regarding why Luis didn't play for Chelsea?

Chelsea will make Oscar available for transfer this summer to help raise funds for an overhaul of their underachieving squad. Roman Abramovich, the owner, is determined to stick to a transfer policy funded by the sale of players and it is understood that the Brazil attacking midfielder is regarded as the most dispensable of the club’s saleable assets.
Antonio Conte, the incoming head coach, wants to sign a creative midfield player while keeping Eden Hazard, Cesc Fàbregas and Willian. He also wants Juan Cuadrado back from Juventus, where the Colombian has impressed while on a season-long loan.
Oscar has attracted interest from Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain and wants to stay in Europe after rejecting an offer to speak to Jiangsu Suning, the Chinese Super League club, this year.
Chelsea have opened talks with Roma over the transfer of Radja Nainggolan, an aggressive box-to-box midfielder, and John Obi Mikel will be allowed to leave after ten years at Stamford Bridge if the Belgium player signs. The negotiations over Nainggolan are continuing after the clubs failed to reach an agreement last week. Chelsea are believed to have offered £30.5 million, plus £3 million in add-ons, but Roma are demanding £40 million.
Conte also wants to sign an experienced centre back, which may be bad news for John Terry as he seeks an extension to his contract, which expires at the end of the season. The club insist that a decision on their captain will be taken by Conte, but the Italian’s priority is to sign a defender he knows from Italy, with Leonardo Bonucci and Andrea Barzagli, the Juventus pair, foremost in his plans. Gary Cahill signed a four-year deal in December and there is unlikely to be room in the squad for three veteran centre backs.
Chelsea are also in the market for a striker, but their pursuit of Edinson Cavani is being complicated by Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s desire to leave PSG, which will increase the chances of the Uruguayan staying in the French capital.

Can see Oscar going to Juve actually. He can come to Milan if Chelsea want to let him go cheap ;)

Nainggolan is big upgrade on Mikel if they get him

This season has been so depressing, I can't even think about what and who we need to get us back on track.
Hopefully it was just a fluke, and even though I don't expect the title next year, I do think a top 3 is more than reasonable. Also more game time for RLC, he has the moves, but his stamina is bad.

Searched around a bit regarding this and I didn't find anything.

Azpi is shorter than Filipe Luis, so that can't be the reason.

Any links regarding why Luis didn't play for Chelsea?

I don't think you got me. It's not that Luis wasn't taller than Azpi, it's that he wasn't tall enough. With him and Azpi both in the squad, we didn't have enough tall players.

This is a direct quote about why he didn't want Dave to replace Iva on the right.

"When I play Azpilicueta on the right and Baba Rahman on the left and I don't play Ivanovic, I have only three, not ever four [good players in the air]. So we have to think about all the details. And I think about all the details."

And Dave was undroppable last season, so the loser had to be Luis.

I don't think you got me. It's not that Luis wasn't taller than Azpi, it's that he wasn't tall enough. With him and Azpi both in the squad, we didn't have enough tall players.

This is a direct quote about why he didn't want Dave to replace Iva on the right.

And Dave was undroppable last season, so the loser had to be Luis.

Then it was very stupid deal to start off with. At that time everyone praised the deal as Luis was without a doubt the best LB in the world.

Many ManUtd fans were envy of Chelsea transfer activities, that includes buying and selling. As the years pass on, we learn lot of new things.

If Jose was the one who wanted Luis then it's a ridiculous decision, you just can't buy best LB and not play him.

Nothing happened to him, we just didn't play him because, I **** you not, Jose wanted X number of players above X height in the squad, which meant keeping Iva at RB. Seeing as Dave was playing so well at LB, that left no room for Luis...

Although i don't doubt this was part of the reason as **** as Ivanovic has been this season he was outstanding last season and before that as was Azpi at left back so was hard for Luis to break into that.

Chelsea will make Oscar available for transfer this summer to help raise funds for an overhaul of their underachieving squad. Roman Abramovich, the owner, is determined to stick to a transfer policy funded by the sale of players and it is understood that the Brazil attacking midfielder is regarded as the most dispensable of the club’s saleable assets.
Antonio Conte, the incoming head coach, wants to sign a creative midfield player while keeping Eden Hazard, Cesc Fàbregas and Willian. He also wants Juan Cuadrado back from Juventus, where the Colombian has impressed while on a season-long loan.
Oscar has attracted interest from Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain and wants to stay in Europe after rejecting an offer to speak to Jiangsu Suning, the Chinese Super League club, this year.
Chelsea have opened talks with Roma over the transfer of Radja Nainggolan, an aggressive box-to-box midfielder, and John Obi Mikel will be allowed to leave after ten years at Stamford Bridge if the Belgium player signs. The negotiations over Nainggolan are continuing after the clubs failed to reach an agreement last week. Chelsea are believed to have offered £30.5 million, plus £3 million in add-ons, but Roma are demanding £40 million.
Conte also wants to sign an experienced centre back, which may be bad news for John Terry as he seeks an extension to his contract, which expires at the end of the season. The club insist that a decision on their captain will be taken by Conte, but the Italian’s priority is to sign a defender he knows from Italy, with Leonardo Bonucci and Andrea Barzagli, the Juventus pair, foremost in his plans. Gary Cahill signed a four-year deal in December and there is unlikely to be room in the squad for three veteran centre backs.
Chelsea are also in the market for a striker, but their pursuit of Edinson Cavani is being complicated by Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s desire to leave PSG, which will increase the chances of the Uruguayan staying in the French capital.

HAS TO HAPPEN! Oscar has gone backwards since joining us simple as that.

Off topic.
https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/which-type-of-football-manager-boss-are-you/

My result is 100% accurate :D

The Glory Hunter
4b4cd49f-227f-419a-afc3-2b3908382dcb.jpg

You're an accomplished player and if you had the time to take Stevenage to the Champions League final then you definitely could. But that's a lot of playing hours. You prefer to start with a top-flight club and taste glory as soon as possible. You sort the big name signings and cup finals while your assistant handles pre-season friendlies and press conferences. It's a good set-up.

The picture of Chelsea for the glory hunter was uncalled for. I'll go cry in a corner and buy Pogba for 100 mil.

As angry as it makes me watching these pathetic performances i'll take them on the chin and see the season out despite me being pessimistic about us doing the things we need to do to get us back to where this club should be the thing that angers me the most about this team is this....... EVERY SINGLE CORNER HITTING THE F*****G 1ST MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be enforced by the Premier League a weeks wages straight to charity if your corner does not beat the 1st man, Africa would have been sorted just from Chelsea alone this season if that was the case!!!!!

As angry as it makes me watching these pathetic performances i'll take them on the chin and see the season out despite me being pessimistic about us doing the things we need to do to get us back to where this club should be the thing that angers me the most about this team is this....... EVERY SINGLE CORNER HITTING THE F*****G 1ST MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be enforced by the Premier League a weeks wages straight to charity if your corner does not beat the 1st man, Africa would have been sorted just from Chelsea alone this season if that was the case!!!!!

That winds me up in so many games! I watch womens football now and again and they're really good with corners.

How a pro can't put a football in to the middle of a big box, while under no pressure of a tackle etc baffles me.

The kids kept the Youth League trophy in London. These academy products have been so dominant over the last few years, and we still can't see anyone make it in the first team. Something is not right.

The kids kept the Youth League trophy in London. These academy products have been so dominant over the last few years, and we still can't see anyone make it in the first team. Something is not right.

I know exciting times ahead for Vitesse Arnem ;)

Very happy to see that Hazard will likely be staying. Keeping hold of our best players is a must after this shambolic season.

Anyways all this is not important. Main thing is to secure Conte's targets quickly this summer so we have a good chance of being title contenders next season. No excuses at all

Except that every reliable report has written about him reassuring Conte of his commitment to Chelsea for next season

Even you can't deny he's had a **** funny way of showing it. Along with many others he' been an absolute disgrace for large chunks of your season with his attitude.

As the majority of your brethren have attested to in this here thread.

Back