The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Even you can't deny he's had a **** funny way of showing it. Along with many others he' been an absolute disgrace for large chunks of your season with his attitude.

As the majority of your brethren have attested to in this here thread.

He has also been injured frequently this season. And he is not the only player whose form regressed terribly this season. Nearly everyone on the team suffered the same fate bar a couple of players. Also as to the way he behaves on the pitch, Hazard has never been one to wear his heart on his sleeve. So fans expecting him to roar with passion like John Terry are going to be perenially disappointed

Did he have a bad season? Yes. Should we sell him? God no, that would be the worst decision we could ever make. I am extremely happy because all signs point to him remaining committed to the club

Do not get me wrong though Scouse, Hazard along with all our other players do bear responsibility for this **** show of a season. Next season is an opportunity of all of them to redeem themselves and play like the players we know they can be

Even you can't deny he's had a **** funny way of showing it. Along with many others he' been an absolute disgrace for large chunks of your season with his attitude.

As the majority of your brethren have attested to in this here thread.

Yeah I remember being especially angry when he scored and kissed the badge, the ****. *rolls eyes* He's been in **** form or injured for the vast majority of the season, but it's not like he has been agitating for a mood or sulking or not trying. He's the same as pretty much everyone else really, he just needs a kick up the ****, a focussed plan and a better atmosphere.

Yeah I remember being especially angry when he scored and kissed the badge, the ****. *rolls eyes* He's been in **** form or injured for the vast majority of the season, but it's not like he has been agitating for a mood or sulking or not trying. He's the same as pretty much everyone else really, he just needs a kick up the ****, a focussed plan and a better atmosphere.

What are your thoughts on Conte coming in for next season? How do you think he is going to set us up?

What are your thoughts on Conte coming in for next season? How do you think he is going to set us up?

4-4-3 with Fabregas and Matic both keeping their spots, Those 2 both need something from the other midfielder than the other one doesn't provide and I think Conte will see that he is in a very similar position to where he was at Juve: he has talented midfield players but there is a missing piece, a catalyst that will not only do his own duty well but enable the other 2 to thrive.

Matic needs someone who can cover for him when he pushes out to go and aggressively challenge for the ball. Big problem with him this year is that he started by playing exactly the same as he did last year, going out of the shielding role and challenging for the ball but didn't win almost everything like he did last year. This left opponents with a basically free run at our defence, all they had to do was go through Fabregas. After that and his red card, you could see his confidence drop, he started holding back and he lost part of what made him a great player in the first place.

Fabregas needs someone else in midfield to be making movements and someone else to create. Hopefully Hazard will bring that again from the wing but his partner needs to be able to do it too, so he has the space he thrives in (perfect example today).

So put that together and what you need is a hard working, box to box midfielder, a relatively complete player. Now lots of people are saying "what about Ramires, what about Oscar?" but those people are confusing running after the ball and pressing with actual defensive work. We need someone who actually has positional sense and can effectively swap positions with Matic when he pushes out, someone who can tackle and mark a man. If that sounds familiar it's because it sounds just like the player that joined Juve shortly after Conte did, Vidal. Seems pretty likely that he will be looking for another player in that mould again. RLC provides depth, as does Mikel if he is willing to stay.

Hazard/Pedro on the left gives us our goal threat from the wing, Willian + x gives us width from the right (would not be surprised to see him enquire if we can get Cuadrado back or sign another player for this position). Behind them, Azpi on the right gives us some natural width with defensively solidity and I imagine we'll either go in for a naturally left footed fullback or give Baba another season, whichever one it is they will push up when Hazard cuts inside, allowing him to play more centrally. I think Kenedy will stay in the first team and might actually be used as a very aggressive LB if Baba doesn't work out.

Christensen will either be recalled or we will sign a new CB imo. Possibly both depending if Terry gets another year. Brana will be a squad player between CB and RB. Costa will, imo, retain his spot as no.1 if for no other reason than because our only realistic replacements for him are Cavani and Higuain, both of whom would cost an absolute ******* fortune. I actually don't think we will get anyone here, I think it will end up being Costa, Traore, Kenedy + maybe Pato.

So actually fairly small changes to the squad. Very few players we can sign with no CL football will improve us that much because our standard is already very high, it's just not organised well. I think we will spend big on a really good CM and CB, maybe get in a new fullback, maybe add some depth. Honestly, the people saying we need massive changes are being a bit over the top. We still have one of the best squads in the PL imo, they just need organisation, tactics and a missing piece or two added.

I am also excited by the prospect. I think he will take absolutely no **** but in a different way from Mourinho., Whereas with Jose it was "you will play how I want you to, and that is that" I think Conte will be willing to give everyone a chance but have absolutely no qualms about axing anyone who doesn't step up. I think he will design a system to get our key players back on song. I am looking forward to seeing people eat their words about Fabregas again next year, I think under Conte he is going to tear the league apart.

Last edited:

Honestly I couldn't have put it better myself. Absolutely spot on mate.

It seems as though that new midfielder could well be Nainggolan (at least that's what the latest rumours are saying). I've tried to watch as much of him as possible recently, and from what I've seen he'd be the ideal signing for us. IMO he should be our number one priority.

Provided the club make the right signings and decisions in the summer, I'm actually feeling rather optimistic about next season. But we need to see the summer of 2014, not the shambles of 2015.

Honestly I couldn't have put it better myself. Absolutely spot on mate.

It seems as though that new midfielder could well be Nainggolan (at least that's what the latest rumours are saying). I've tried to watch as much of him as possible recently, and from what I've seen he'd be the ideal signing for us. IMO he should be our number one priority.

Provided the club make the right signings and decisions in the summer, I'm actually feeling rather optimistic about next season. But we need to see the summer of 2014, not the shambles of 2015.

A lot of people who watched him regularly say he is a midfielder in the mould of Vidal and perfect to complement Fabregas and Matic in a midfield 3 as Subtle pointed out. Would be a great signing if its true

Juan Cuadrado coming back is intriguing. He was horrible at Chelsea but Conte is a big fan and if he can get him to play well, its basically a new signing. I am sure Griezzmann is still a long-term target but I doubt we can get him this summer particularly with no CL

What is everyones thoughts on a potential return for Lukaku? And our repeated interest in Stones despite the poor season he is having?

What is everyones thoughts on a potential return for Lukaku? And our repeated interest in Stones despite the poor season he is having?

I'd take Lukaku IF Conte would go for a 2 striker setup. Keeping either Lukaku or Costa on the bench is stupid, and would just **** them off.

Stones? No thank you. One bad season doesn't make you a bad player ( look at our team), but Stones was never that good for starters. He was a good prospect, which he probably still is, but I don't rate him that much. Time will tell, but I believe we dodged a bullet with him last summer.

Personally I would love to have KdB back, rather than Lukaku, but that will never happen. Still ****** at Mourinho for selling him. God **** it man, he was my best man in FM every season!! :D

A lot of people who watched him regularly say he is a midfielder in the mould of Vidal and perfect to complement Fabregas and Matic in a midfield 3 as Subtle pointed out. Would be a great signing if its true

Juan Cuadrado coming back is intriguing. He was horrible at Chelsea but Conte is a big fan and if he can get him to play well, its basically a new signing. I am sure Griezzmann is still a long-term target but I doubt we can get him this summer particularly with no CL

Indeed. A midfield three of Fabregas, Matic (2014/15 Matic) and Nainggolan would be very exciting. Hopefully the club manage to sign him.

I'm all for giving Cuadrado another shot (he didn't exactly get a fair chance under José) at Chelsea. He's proven that he can be a valuable asset to the squad, but what's impressed me the most about him is his knack for scoring important and at times game winning goals for Juve this season. However I think he's settled at Juve and he'll definitely be looking to sign permanently in the summer, so the damage may have already been done. As for Griezmann that's almost impossible without CL football imo but I can't see him moving, I think he'll be at Atlético for at least one more year.

I'm not particularly bothered about Lukaku or Stones at the moment. The only situation where I can see us spending big on Lukaku is if Diego wants to leave. But in all honesty I'd sooner see us test Dortmund's resolve with a £60m bid for Aubameyang, or use that £60m to bolster the areas of our team that need strengthening - i.e. our defence and midfield.

Even though Stones has had a rather torrid season, he's still a young, talented, English player with PL experience and I'd have him at Chelsea. Provided we can sign him for a reasonable fee. However if the recent rumours about Hummels are true, I'd sooner we went all out for him. With JT most likely leaving this year I believe it's integral that we sign a CB of Hummels quality and experience. Also in Stones' case, why sign him when we have Christensen?

... Personally I would love to have KdB back, rather than Lukaku, but that will never happen. Still ****** at Mourinho for selling him. God **** it man, he was my best man in FM every season!! :D

I think we all would but even though we got silly money for him, if there's one man I'd have back in a heartbeat it's got to be this guy...

DavidLuizCL.png

4-4-3 with Fabregas and Matic both keeping their spots, Those 2 both need something from the other midfielder than the other one doesn't provide and I think Conte will see that he is in a very similar position to where he was at Juve: he has talented midfield players but there is a missing piece, a catalyst that will not only do his own duty well but enable the other 2 to thrive.

Matic needs someone who can cover for him when he pushes out to go and aggressively challenge for the ball. Big problem with him this year is that he started by playing exactly the same as he did last year, going out of the shielding role and challenging for the ball but didn't win almost everything like he did last year. This left opponents with a basically free run at our defence, all they had to do was go through Fabregas. After that and his red card, you could see his confidence drop, he started holding back and he lost part of what made him a great player in the first place.

Fabregas needs someone else in midfield to be making movements and someone else to create. Hopefully Hazard will bring that again from the wing but his partner needs to be able to do it too, so he has the space he thrives in (perfect example today).

So put that together and what you need is a hard working, box to box midfielder, a relatively complete player. Now lots of people are saying "what about Ramires, what about Oscar?" but those people are confusing running after the ball and pressing with actual defensive work. We need someone who actually has positional sense and can effectively swap positions with Matic when he pushes out, someone who can tackle and mark a man. If that sounds familiar it's because it sounds just like the player that joined Juve shortly after Conte did, Vidal. Seems pretty likely that he will be looking for another player in that mould again. RLC provides depth, as does Mikel if he is willing to stay.

Hazard/Pedro on the left gives us our goal threat from the wing, Willian + x gives us width from the right (would not be surprised to see him enquire if we can get Cuadrado back or sign another player for this position). Behind them, Azpi on the right gives us some natural width with defensively solidity and I imagine we'll either go in for a naturally left footed fullback or give Baba another season, whichever one it is they will push up when Hazard cuts inside, allowing him to play more centrally. I think Kenedy will stay in the first team and might actually be used as a very aggressive LB if Baba doesn't work out.

Christensen will either be recalled or we will sign a new CB imo. Possibly both depending if Terry gets another year. Brana will be a squad player between CB and RB. Costa will, imo, retain his spot as no.1 if for no other reason than because our only realistic replacements for him are Cavani and Higuain, both of whom would cost an absolute ******* fortune. I actually don't think we will get anyone here, I think it will end up being Costa, Traore, Kenedy + maybe Pato.

So actually fairly small changes to the squad. Very few players we can sign with no CL football will improve us that much because our standard is already very high, it's just not organised well. I think we will spend big on a really good CM and CB, maybe get in a new fullback, maybe add some depth. Honestly, the people saying we need massive changes are being a bit over the top. We still have one of the best squads in the PL imo, they just need organisation, tactics and a missing piece or two added.

I am also excited by the prospect. I think he will take absolutely no **** but in a different way from Mourinho., Whereas with Jose it was "you will play how I want you to, and that is that" I think Conte will be willing to give everyone a chance but have absolutely no qualms about axing anyone who doesn't step up. I think he will design a system to get our key players back on song. I am looking forward to seeing people eat their words about Fabregas again next year, I think under Conte he is going to tear the league apart.

I think 4-3-3 could make a comeback to SW6 too next season, as you point out in the 3 in midfield we lack a box to box high energy player (had one in Ramires yet never played 4-3-3 all the time he was with us). I am 50/50 on Matic staying or going however if he stays a 3 of Fabregas, Matic and Nainggolan for me could be epic. I don't mind losing the #10 position because we currently don't have one of any decent standard anyway.

According to some reports Dominic Solanke is demanding 50k a week to stay at chelsea. If true what a cheeky little *****!

According to some reports Dominic Solanke is demanding 50k a week to stay at chelsea. If true what a cheeky little *****!

Can't blame him tbh. We are paying RLC stupid amounts of money as well which already sets a dangerous precedent. There is incredible pressure on Emelano and the club to show some results for all the millions invested into the academy which includes convicing the best youth talents like Solanke to stay.

Solanke probably can see that he has quite a bit of leverage. He is trying to exploit it and if it fails, move to another club where he will probably have a greater chance of making it as a professional footballer because Chelsea do not give chances to their youth. Win-Win

few points on this 1) its from the media and 2) other players his kind of level such as Loftus-Cheek, Christensen etc are on contracts kind of like that. And if Ivanovic can be given a new deal anyone deserves whatever they want lol, we even handed Moses a new contract!!!!!!

3 consecutive FA Youth cups for Chelsea, first team to do so since the Busby Babes!! Club hierarchy needs to seriously lock themselves in a room and not come out until they agree to change their philosophies! Something needs to start coming of this or what's the point of it!!!!!!

The thing is it's been hard to even enjoy how good our youth has been in recent years because of the fact you just know these talented kids will never get a proper chance at the club.

3 consecutive FA Youth cups for Chelsea, first team to do so since the Busby Babes!! Club hierarchy needs to seriously lock themselves in a room and not come out until they agree to change their philosophies! Something needs to start coming of this or what's the point of it!!!!!!

Vitesse Arnhem are reportedly thrilled by the news

Some players are more than good enough to start playing a role immediately. Christensen, RLC, Kennedy and Betrand Traore all should play a role next season

Back