The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
That's a valid point, also no Courtois! But we were actually shocking last night. I also forgot how good Hazard was.

He is but then it's easy to look good when you've **** all opposition giving you acres of space and ******** out of tackles.

Even Klopp wasn't arsed last night the touchline which just about summed it up.

JT OFFERED NEW DEAL!!

Just absolutely love the dynamic at our club atm

JT openly says that he is going to leave in January as he was not offered a new contract putting pressure on Chelsea to offer him one.

Now club reverses the same trick on him and says he has been offered a new contract so if he leaves, club is no longer the villain.

Absolutely love how united everyone is heading into next season

Don't give a **** who comes out on top after this ping pong match regarding JT's contract, as long as he stays. There is no one suitable for the armband currently at the club. Nurture Zouma 1-2 more years, like it happened to him, and we are set for another 10 years.

Sounds like Conte couldn't get an experienced CB

Still a great move by Chelsea, leadership a key issue at that club.

JT has just revealed on Instagram that the contract on offer is a "different role". Bit part player/coach me thinks.

https://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/05/terry-signs-new-contract.html

latest

About time Chelsea got him to sign. Still a good CB and to good to just discard. Clubs should look to keep experienced players especially if there contributing. Would love Carrick to get an extension.

Nemanja Matić fuels Juventus transfer rumors by scoring a goal against Sunderland - We Ain't Got No History

"The total lack of emotion in Matic's face, even when Azpilicueta comes in with the forceful hug and then Diego Costa comes in with an even more forceful choke, is perhaps more telling than any word printed in the tabloids across Europe. That's the face of an unhappy man with one foot out the door already."

This has been my feeling for a while now. I had the discussion with my 'old man' a couple of months ago, talking about who looks more likely to leave in the summer and imo it's Matic. No interest, no passion, nothing, and I can't remember if it was for Hazard's first or second goal against Bournemouth but he had a similar unemotional reaction to the goal. Matic just walked away when the vast majority of the team went over to celebrate with Hazard. Now maybe I'm putting two and two together and getting ten, but if it is true and he does have 'one foot out the door' already then... f**k him! Give the shirt to someone who wants it.

Funny Matic's performances have improved in the last few games just in time for a certain window to open......... He's one i wouldn't mind if he stays or goes personally.

I'm more amused by your planned walk out protest on 26 minutes for Terry ..... To then walk back up HT.

We protest over ticket prices/ justice for our own et all ..... You lads protest to keep a mega rich footballer at the club.

Couldn't make it up .....

I listen to many Chelsea podcasts which all involve big names within the club i.e head of supporters trust, season ticket holders since the 70's etc. I also am in 7 Chelsea groups on Facebook which include many match attending supporters and the huge majority was against any sort of walk out because and i quote "its something Liverpool and Arsenal do not Chelsea".

Eden where have you been? Hopefully his back to his best now for next season!!

1 of 2 reasons why he's playing well again all of a sudden. 1) Just in time for the Euro's and that window that's opening very shortly or 2) He's actually free of injuries and back fit. I must admit when he scored his 2 goals against Bournemouth i stated he looked like he had lost weight. I'm obviously hoping its #2 of my reasons.

About time Chelsea got him to sign. Still a good CB and to good to just discard. Clubs should look to keep experienced players especially if there contributing. Would love Carrick to get an extension.

I'm 50/50 on the deal personally, we desperately need to replace JT we have done for some time. So if we bring in a centre back and JT plays far far less matches then i'm all for it. He is however needed at the club for other reasons so i would have kept hold of him in any capacity.

Just wondering, how are you guys feeling about Mourinho's rumors to United?

The fact remains, Mourinho is still our greatest manager of all time and moving to United doesn't change that. The only thing that changes is once he joins United he becomes the enemy. However I will still hold him in the highest regard because of what he's done for Chelsea Football Club. But you certainly won't see me cheering for him when it's Chelsea v United.

Guus Hiddink set to stay at Chelsea next season as a consultant | Football News | Sky Sports

Good s**t! Even though his decisions at times this season have been questionable, I still love and respect the man. For me this season hasn't tarnished his reputation in any way, and it's good to know that Uncle Guus will be sticking around.

Its sad i'm not happy with this piece of news, he showed in this most recent spell he's massively out of touch of modern day football. Goes on about the youth in his interview yet was reluctant to play them when we had absolutely **** all to play for!

Is what it is, we always knew the only other club in this country we would manage was Utd. He has/wants to work, he wants to work in this country and we sacked him..... AGAIN. Obviously hope it blows up massively however for the short term you'll be a massive threat 100%

Think now its almost final i can have my say on the whole Jose saga. First of all i have no ill feeling towards him at all, he's been my clubs most successful manager (and will be for decades to come) for starters. We have to remember he's un-employed, he wants to work, he loves this country and WE sacked him so he owes the club nothing. Life goes on, managers come and go (far more frequently if your Chelsea) i think the only reason we should all be upset is that Man Utd WILL be a massive threat again at least for the short term.

We all know his ruthlessness streak inside him and its reared its ugly head before he's even put pen to paper! The day Man Utd win their first FA cup for 12 years his people release to the press that Jose will take Van Gaal's job! Okay its not been a secret this could happen but to do it on the day the club win a major trophy just shows the lack of class him and his people have almost as if to say "yeah forget about winning that, its all about me now". Most of us used to love this trait about him but it does get boring and causes to much problems.

I predict as normal 1 or 2 years of major success for Jose and Man Utd before the whole thing implodes and Guus Hiddink takes over to calm down the situation lol. The only upsetting thing is that by this time we would probably be on our 3rd manager!

I obviously wish him zero luck and hope he sends the likes of Rashford and Lingard out on loan and keeps Ashley Young and Antonio Valencia because they track back just to start the #JoseOut brigade from the Man Utd supporters.

We should never forget the success Jose helped bring our club and when he returns to SW6 next season he deserves what other former players/managers got and a chant at the beginning of the match but no more than that. As soon as that whistle is blown he's our rival and we should all throw out a chant of "Sit down Mourinho" like he got from every opposition set of fans when he was manager of us just in a sarcastic way.

We move on, we are Chelsea Football Club and we are also a top club who shouldn't be worried about what other top clubs get up to in terms of player and staff recruitment.

UTC!!!

Spot on Jack.

Apart from the top club thang. :P.

See yers in Pasadena the end of July to do battle all over again.

The amount of chelsea fans calling jose a traitor is a joke! The man had more passion and love for this club than all of those players who under performed this season and the club threw it back in his face.

The amount of chelsea fans calling jose a traitor is a joke! The man had more passion and love for this club than all of those players who under performed this season and the club threw it back in his face.

Sky generation 'fans.' They aren't worth the preverbal.

Just want to pick up on something which has gone under the radar. Back in January 2015 we were heavily linked with Croatian striker Andrej Kramaric, fee agreed, contract offered but he decided to join Leicester as he felt he'd get more chances there.

Well just 18 months later and he's left them already only making 5 appearances. My point to this post is quite simply this, who's target was he!!!!! Jose???? Emenalo???? A scout?????

Just highlights how poor our recruitment and scouting have been the past 18 months and why i have little hope for the future!

Back