The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Sometimes I never understand transfer rumours like the Matic to United one ...

If it does turn up to be true, and we actually sell him, then I'd be really ******. Matic is a player I'd rather keep than sell.

A recent interview with Nainggolan from Belgian magazine Nina.

"I am very happy at Roma. They appreciate what I do for the club, everyone likes me as a player and as a person, which is very important to me. I lead a good life here. There is a nice balance between my football and my family life. It would be a very difficult choice to leave Italy after 11 years. Chelsea want to strengthen and moreover you have a coach like Conte who has always wanted to sign me. There has been contact between the two clubs, but as long as there is no agreement in place, I'll stay well out of it. Chelsea are a great team and it's good to be appreciated by them."

Nainggolan for £30m-ish and Rüdiger for £20m-ish... Just DO IT!!
Not that simple, he doesn't want to leave and Roma don't want to sell. But FFP means they need to sell a couple of players

Roma would probably sell Pjanic before him, but no one has matched his clause yet.

Sometimes I never understand transfer rumours like the Matic to United one ...

The Matic to Utd rumor is frustrating me because everyone/media seem to forget Matic was allegedly one of the ones who fell out with Jose the most last season. Jose even done to him one of the worst things that can happen to any professional footballer even in being subbed off when you were a sub yourself!

Don't take this too seriously but just want to bring up something i feared when Conte was announced and although its minimal right now its coming to fruition already. We all know Conte is still manager of Italy so potentially he will not be available for "Chelsea" duty until mid July. So rightfully he's head is not on Chelsea at all which would be okay if he's either got some of his people speaking for him at the club or he's told the board already what he wants and who he likes etc etc. Because if its left to the people who's been in charge of transfers the past 18 months then we are hoping and praying they have learnt from their massive mistakes which i personally won't be holding my breath.

Back to the reason i am posting this and its that our rivals are steeling a march on us something i feared.

Arsenal and Man City have signed central midfielders, a position they both struggled in last season.
Liverpool have signed a good back up/potential young keeper and a very good centre back also a problem issue for them.
Man Utd have sealed world class manager, a manager who past shows gets instant results and makes average players better.

Yes its only little steps but its steps from sides who were already better than us and finished above us last season have potentially taken away from us already. I continue to stay pessimistic about this summers transfer market for us.

Just adding to this again because seems as if Man Utd have now as good as completed the signing of a very highly rated young defender and Man City are close to signing Pierre Emerick-Abameyang (confirmed on SkySports). Were'as all we've done is complete the compensation of a former ******* doctar!!! Falling so far behind already Chelsea its worrying!

Just adding to this again because seems as if Man Utd have now as good as completed the signing of a very highly rated young defender and Man City are close to signing Pierre Emerick-Abameyang (confirmed on SkySports). Were'as all we've done is complete the compensation of a former ******* doctar!!! Falling so far behind already Chelsea its worrying!

Think of this as pre-Russian oligarch times as regards Chelsea and you'll feel all normal and warm and fuzzy again la. :D.

It's not particularly worrying at the moment. Perhaps if it were August and we were in this position then yes, but it's June. The transfer window isn't even officially open yet. Also forget what City and United are up to, they were always going to spend.

Not that simple, he doesn't want to leave and Roma don't want to sell. But FFP means they need to sell a couple of players

It's definitely not that simple. Rüdiger tore his ACL in training today, so that's him out of the Euros and probably out of Chelsea's plans for the future. Shame... Djilobodji it is then.

Key arguments in the Eva Carneiro-Chelsea employment tribunal

This gives a good summary. Blind support given by the club to Mourinho's madness and Chelsea nowhere near as progressive as they like to think ... Idiotic behaviour from our executives

Would love to hear what we ain't got no history write.

From a united perspective, I know what we get with Jose and I expect both he and the board to control him, there are no excuses from anyone from now on. He says he's changed. Well let's see it from here on in

Would love to hear what we ain't got no history write.

From a united perspective, I know what we get with Jose and I expect both he and the board to control him, there are no excuses from anyone from now on. He says he's changed. Well let's see it from here on in

Dr. Carneiro settles dismissal claim, Chelsea issue official apology - We Ain't Got No History

They struck the right tone and were as surprised as anyone that Mourinho did not apologize. Regrettable incident and time to move on.

Well I have my doubts Mike. People will accuse me of bias but he had a major implosion at Chelsea despite just coming off a title-winning season. Now with the league getting more competitive than ever and with Pep, the only manager who is arguably as good as Jose, on the scene, I have my doubts on how long stability will last.

Although I do feel United have certain advantages that Chelsea never had in the sense that Woody will back Jose in the market unconditionally and strongly unlike Chelsea

Key arguments in the Eva Carneiro-Chelsea employment tribunal

This gives a good summary. Blind support given by the club to Mourinho's madness and Chelsea nowhere near as progressive as they like to think ... Idiotic behaviour from our executives

That's pretty damning, although what the **** are a "female changing, shower and a locker facilities". Does a woman need a locker that's painted pink or something?

And give me a break about "sexually explicit chanting". 50,000 people hurl abuse towards male players and staff during every game, and everybody considers it part of football culture. Chant at a woman, you're suddenly sexist. Can't have it both ways.

That's pretty damning, although what the **** are a "female changing, shower and a locker facilities". Does a woman need a locker that's painted pink or something?

And give me a break about "sexually explicit chanting". 50,000 people hurl abuse towards male players and staff during every game, and everybody considers it part of football culture. Chant at a woman, you're suddenly sexist. Can't have it both ways.

Female changing room and facilities to offer her the privacy she needs to freshen up after a game although thats honestly a non-issue.

The problem with sexist and racist chants have always been that as women and minorities have been oppressed for so long, any derogatory chants directed at them that makes specific reference to their color or gender is always going to be condemned more seriously than other chants

Female changing room and facilities to offer her the privacy she needs to freshen up after a game although thats honestly a non-issue.

The problem with sexist and racist chants have always been that as women and minorities have been oppressed for so long, any derogatory chants directed at them that makes specific reference to their color or gender is always going to be condemned more seriously than other chants

Separate changing room I understand, but what on earth is a female locker? Does it need to have some particular shape so her ***** collection is easier to organize? Seriously.

And come on mate, you can't put racist chants and sexist chants in the same basket. It's disrespectful to minorities to even compare these things, minorities were basically considered subhuman as recently as 50-60 years ago. Sure, women had a tough time too, but I'd imagine that 50 million males who were forcibly drafted and died in World Wars, would gladly give up their right to vote, to sit at home and complain about psychological trauma of wearing a bra.

It's not particularly worrying at the moment. Perhaps if it were August and we were in this position then yes, but it's June. The transfer window isn't even officially open yet. Also forget what City and United are up to, they were always going to spend.

Its worrying because we'll wait until prices inflate after the Euro's and miss out on targets.....again.

I haven't been following the case, but isn't a female changing room a separate changing room from men... for obvious reasons?

And come on mate, you can't put racist chants and sexist chants in the same basket. It's disrespectful to minorities to even compare these things, minorities were basically considered subhuman as recently as 50-60 years ago. Sure, women had a tough time too, but I'd imagine that 50 million males who were forcibly drafted and died in World Wars, would gladly give up their right to vote, to sit at home and complain about psychological trauma of wearing a bra.

I think its unfair to make a value judgement on such things considering all of us are lucky to be born in an era where such outright discrimination no longer persists. Any sort of insult is bad but you can understand why those referring specifically to a persons race, gender or sexual orientation are taken more seriously because of the history of oppression these groups have faced in many countries to varying degrees

Incorrect. Hurling abuse at a woman isn't sexist. Hurling abuse at a woman because she is a woman, or attacking her gender is.

Back