The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Just want to pick up on something which has gone under the radar. Back in January 2015 we were heavily linked with Croatian striker Andrej Kramaric, fee agreed, contract offered but he decided to join Leicester as he felt he'd get more chances there.

Well just 18 months later and he's left them already only making 5 appearances. My point to this post is quite simply this, who's target was he!!!!! Jose???? Emenalo???? A scout?????

Just highlights how poor our recruitment and scouting have been the past 18 months and why i have little hope for the future!

Meh, every club has had it's fair share of hits and misses (we avoided this one) when it comes to recruitment. That's how it works.

Last edited:
Meh, every club has had it's fair share of hits and misses (we avoided this one) when it comes to recruitment. That's how it works.

We've had a lot the past 18 months, Djlobodji, Hector, Falcao, Pato, Miazga and could even throw Baba and Pedro in however believe both deserve time. I think the last 3 windows have been very poor for us in recruitments and departures.

We've had a lot the past 18 months, Djlobodji, Hector, Falcao, Pato, Miazga and could even throw Baba and Pedro in however believe both deserve time. I think the last 3 windows have been very poor for us in recruitments and departures.

Definitely. There's no denying the fact that our past three transfer windows haven't been great. But prior to that we signed Felipe Luis, Costa and Fabregas in the same window. So I have faith in our board, but they really need to get their act together and (preferably) fast.

I do not understand this deal of us selling players to rival clubs. I would be absolutely furious if we sell Willian to United

I have to say it would be incredibly bad luck if Simeone decides to walk away from Atletico now and we are in no position to hire him after courting him for the past few months

I have to say it would be incredibly bad luck if Simeone decides to walk away from Atletico now and we are in no position to hire him after courting him for the past few months

I'd rather take our chances with Conte. I do enjoy defensive football when the situation requires it, but it's starting to become our identity. Park the bus when needed, but this is a hundreds of millions worth of team, I'd appreciate some fancy football.

Don't take this too seriously but just want to bring up something i feared when Conte was announced and although its minimal right now its coming to fruition already. We all know Conte is still manager of Italy so potentially he will not be available for "Chelsea" duty until mid July. So rightfully he's head is not on Chelsea at all which would be okay if he's either got some of his people speaking for him at the club or he's told the board already what he wants and who he likes etc etc. Because if its left to the people who's been in charge of transfers the past 18 months then we are hoping and praying they have learnt from their massive mistakes which i personally won't be holding my breath.

Back to the reason i am posting this and its that our rivals are steeling a march on us something i feared.

Arsenal and Man City have signed central midfielders, a position they both struggled in last season.
Liverpool have signed a good back up/potential young keeper and a very good centre back also a problem issue for them.
Man Utd have sealed world class manager, a manager who past shows gets instant results and makes average players better.

Yes its only little steps but its steps from sides who were already better than us and finished above us last season have potentially taken away from us already. I continue to stay pessimistic about this summers transfer market for us.

Liverpool have signed a good back up/potential young keeper and a very good centre back also a problem issue for them.

He'll be number 1 mate. And he's not a potential young keeper he's a good young keeper :P

He'll be number 1 mate. And he's not a potential young keeper he's a good young keeper :P

Just going by what i heard, i think Mignolet signing a new contract means they will compete for the spot

Don't take this too seriously but just want to bring up something i feared when Conte was announced and although its minimal right now its coming to fruition already. We all know Conte is still manager of Italy so potentially he will not be available for "Chelsea" duty until mid July. So rightfully he's head is not on Chelsea at all which would be okay if he's either got some of his people speaking for him at the club or he's told the board already what he wants and who he likes etc etc. Because if its left to the people who's been in charge of transfers the past 18 months then we are hoping and praying they have learnt from their massive mistakes which i personally won't be holding my breath.

Back to the reason i am posting this and its that our rivals are steeling a march on us something i feared.

Arsenal and Man City have signed central midfielders, a position they both struggled in last season.
Man Utd have sealed world class manager, a manager who past shows gets instant results and makes average players better.

Yes its only little steps but its steps from sides who were already better than us and finished above us last season have potentially taken away from us already. I continue to stay pessimistic about this summers transfer market for us.

[video=youtube;OuP2dOxhELQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuP2dOxhELQ[/video]

;)

I'm just looking back at 2014 when we had Costa and Fabregas wrapped up before the World Cup.

To be honest I didn't expect us to get much done before the Euros because of the circumstances. I imagine Conte will already have some targets in mind (hence the Koulibaly/Nainggolan/Rudiger links) however before making any decisions he'll want to assess the squad and then work from there. So imo we'll be in for a busy summer (as Piet de Visser stated in a recent interview) but it'll be a long window for us.

He's been talked about in many Chelsea groups and i'd be happy with him. So many times Chelsea whip in hopeless crosses (ones that actually beat the 1st man) and we are crossing to a group of midgets!

Good luck getting him to move from his comfort zone of the penalty spot on back to meet said crosses.

But you're welcome to take on the task. PLEASE!

A recent interview with Nainggolan from Belgian magazine Nina.

"I am very happy at Roma. They appreciate what I do for the club, everyone likes me as a player and as a person, which is very important to me. I lead a good life here. There is a nice balance between my football and my family life. It would be a very difficult choice to leave Italy after 11 years. Chelsea want to strengthen and moreover you have a coach like Conte who has always wanted to sign me. There has been contact between the two clubs, but as long as there is no agreement in place, I'll stay well out of it. Chelsea are a great team and it's good to be appreciated by them."

Nainggolan for £30m-ish and Rüdiger for £20m-ish... Just DO IT!!

Wonderful quotes from Hazard in The Sun. Says he does not want to leave Chelsea after a season like that but instead leave like a Champion. We need him to be at his best next season. Simply isn't a player like him in the PL on his day

Sometimes I never understand transfer rumours like the Matic to United one ...

Back