The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
So they offered money but not apology? Very stupid thing to do. What a mess this has been, good that it was settled before all the exchanges were presented before tribunal.

Yeah, could have been avoided easily on the very next day. Just apologize for the thing you did in the heat of the moment and get on with left. Simple.
Down to arrogance. Money no problem, but saying sorry is simply beyond them

Its quite simple for me, Eva AND JOHN FEARN did nothing wrong on that day, Hazard looked to be in pain and doctors/physios are trained that every second counts. It was Jose Mourinho who helped improve the reactions of ambulance staff etc when Cech was knocked out at Reading all them years ago so he (as every manager does) contradicted himself. Jose was wrong to go public with what he said however he slated both Eva and John not just Eva, now here's what i think/heard through multiple parties. Players sided with a doctor they had been working with ever since they joined the club, allegations of her having sexual relations with one or more players (i sound like Jeremy Kyle here) came out which obviously Jose did not like and held against her. Her legal team turned down the initial Chelsea offer of what i believe was 1.2 million because they knew it meant it would have to go to court where there would be a high chance she'd be offered far more. Chelsea basically backed Jose in this one decision which was the wrong thing, he now walks away without any apology to Eva or Chelsea walking through the court holding his 2 middle fingers up at everyone. Chelsea, Jose and Eva all should have acted far better are far more grown up. Lessons need to be learnt by all parties.

By the way, the rumours aren't true. Thing about working in TV is that your company has to forge good relationships with club media managers, and then you hear all sorts at the training ground. The one thing that definitely isn't true is Eva sleeping with anyone, that's not for lack of trying from one player mind.

how people are still getting the very public basics of the case wrong is beyond me. The case started because of the demotion which became constructive dismissal.

Good to see people saying Eva should have behaved better despite doing literally nothing wrong. They turned it down because there was no apology. This has been common knowledge from the start. Am I the only one who actually read and followed this, and read the briefings?

Last edited:
The Bosnian left then presumably?
Yep, is now a Juve player, which means Roma might be able keep Nainggolan, which in turn makes it harder for us to sign Matic.

On the other hand, might make getting Pogba easier for interested teams

Conte got a nose bleed from celebrating too hard. I think I may love this guy ...

https://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/06/home-start-to-league-campaign.html

Not a bad start. West Ham at home will be difficult, but we're more than capable of beating them.

As for the André Gomes bid, I can't say I know too much about him apart from the fact he's a midfielder and comes from Portugal. Anyone care to enlighten me?

He is excellent dribbler and unlike many players he has good weaker foot. Know only this much, his dribbling was stand out in the matches I watched.

Di Marzio's reporting that Conte wants Cudicini as part of his backroom staff...

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/743567429381558272

Honestly backroom staff signings in general are nothing to get excited about but this would be fantastic. I, like all Chelsea fans f**king love Cudicini. Then after Carlo all we'll need is Di Matteo, Vialli and Zola to complete the set... Gimme all the Italians!
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Di Marzio's reporting that Conte wants Cudicini as part of his backroom staff...

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/743567429381558272

Honestly backroom staff signings in general are nothing to get excited about but this would be fantastic. I, like all Chelsea fans f**king love Cudicini. Then after Carlo all we'll need is Di Matteo, Vialli and Zola to complete the set... Gimme all the Italians!
[FONT="][/FONT]

I'm not sure cameras can handle that much hand gestures on the sideline.

All the more reason you should follow Chelsea next season then mate ;)

I would, but you're not in Europe. I'm in a pickle with finding new team. I don't want to watch tiki-taka, and I got bored enough by LVG to not want to see any United players ever again. I like Klopp, but Liverpool aren't in cups. That leaves Spurs, which **** that, and Arsenal, and I'd setting myself for a disappointment.

Might just jump to a different league this year.

I would, but you're not in Europe. I'm in a pickle with finding new team. I don't want to watch tiki-taka, and I got bored enough by LVG to not want to see any United players ever again. I like Klopp, but Liverpool aren't in cups. That leaves Spurs, which **** that, and Arsenal, and I'd setting myself for a disappointment.

Might just jump to a different league this year.

Honestly though, you sort of know what to expect from the other teams but Chelsea will be the real wildcard next season. I really don't know how Conte is going to pan out. Either his intense and unforgiving personality will conpletely wreck our players or he will inspire them to levels they have never reached before.

Don't even get me started on tactics. No one has any idea how he plans to line us up. A lot of people saying a 3-5-2 similar to Italy/Juventus but that sounds absurd considering we do not have the centre-backs or full-backs for such a formation and it does not get the best out of Hazard. Either way I am sure it will be something intriguing and pleasing to watch. Seeing the performances Pirlo put in under Conte, I am particularly looking forward to seeing what he can do with Fabregas.

Mightily good performance from Lukaku today although Belgium always leave me unsatisfied. Put them up against a **** team like Ireland and their massive individual talent will usually see them through helped along by some dodgy refeering. Whenever they come up against a proper organized team like Italy, they never win.

Also I have no idea why everyone is raving about Italy's performance vs Belgium. Sure they were organized defensively which is what you would expect from a top international team managed by Conte but it was hardly this defensive masterclass that everyone seems to think it is. Belgium had their chances as well. Difference was that Italy took theirs and Belgium did not.

Maybe its just me but I am starting to feel this summer will be another monumental ****-up. Chase Naingollan all the way till we realize in the last few days that Roma will never sell. Put in a last ditch massive bid for Pogba which will obviously be rejected. Go into the new season with only our **** in our hands...

Please prove me wrong

Maybe its just me but I am starting to feel this summer will be another monumental ****-up. Chase Naingollan all the way till we realize in the last few days that Roma will never sell. Put in a last ditch massive bid for Pogba which will obviously be rejected. Go into the new season with only our **** in our hands...

Please prove me wrong

Take out the Morinho factor and add a manager a couple of tiers down from that, allied to other clubs having way more money, and Russian riches become far less appealing than when he first arrived.

Back