The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
So apparently (according to Di Marzio and a whole host of others) we've agreed to sign Batshuayi from Marseille for £33m on a five-year deal, he'll travel to London soon to finalise the deal and undergo a medical. Well... I definitely did not see that one coming. Please be true.

So apparently (according to Di Marzio and a whole host of others) we've agreed to sign Batshuayi from Marseille for £33m on a five-year deal, he'll travel to London soon to finalise the deal and undergo a medical. Well... I definitely did not see that one coming. Please be true.

Never even heard of him before the Euro's. Can anyone elaborate on whether he is a good signing or not?

Get French Football– ‏@GFFN

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

BREAKING | Michy Batshuayi will join Chelsea tomorrow for €40m excluding bonuses on a 5 year deal, according Di Marzio.
3:17 pm - 28 Jun 2016
560 RETWEETS197 LIKES.

Never even heard of him before the Euro's. Can anyone elaborate on whether he is a good signing or not?

He's played really well for Marseille for the last couple of years, he's been their first choice for at least the last season I think. Still quite young and highly rated. I would definitely say he's a good signing

He's played really well for Marseille for the last couple of years, he's been their first choice for at least the last season I think. Still quite young and highly rated. I would definitely say he's a good signing

Good to see. I still think we need another striker to give Conte the option of playing two upfront. Guardian says we are still in for Morata and an elite centre-half.

Good to see. I still think we need another striker to give Conte the option of playing two upfront. Guardian says we are still in for Morata and an elite centre-half.
Yeah I think this is a good signing. Watched him a few times last season has all the attributes to turn into a top STR will partner Costa perfect in Conte 352. Morata would be a good option but the price Madrid want and his GS record would be a put off for me if I were a Chelsea fan. Plus few reports in Spain yesterday that Zidane is looking to keep him now.

Yeah I think this is a good signing. Watched him a few times last season has all the attributes to turn into a top STR will partner Costa perfect in Conte 352. Morata would be a good option but the price Madrid want and his GS record would be a put off for me if I were a Chelsea fan. Plus few reports in Spain yesterday that Zidane is looking to keep him now.

I doubt that Conte will play a 3-5-2 at Chelsea but its always good that he can have the option of playing two upfront. I wonder who we will get as a third striker now. Lukaku is too expensive and Morata is hard to get as you already mentioned. Although tbh I rather just pay the money for Lukaku. He will grow into a world-class ST in 3-4 years.

I think he is very good singing. Has bags of potential and already proven more than the likes of Martial did before singing. Main striker for Marseille, 17 goals with 9 assists. Very good physical for prem with good touch and footwork.
It is important that Conte uses him with Costa at top, because he needs to play not to become shadow for Costa or he has other plans for Costa...
Will get bit of hate from United, but see him becoming top class striker and better than Martial (he is younger and need more time, can be wrong), so good buy from Chelsea.

Cant wait for new season to start.
No hate from me mate. Thinks it's hard to compare the 2 as Martial even for Monaco played mostly on the left and will also for Utd. As of now he defo a better STR than martial imo.

I doubt that Conte will play a 3-5-2 at Chelsea but its always good that he can have the option of playing two upfront. I wonder who we will get as a third striker now. Lukaku is too expensive and Morata is hard to get as you already mentioned. Although tbh I rather just pay the money for Lukaku. He will grow into a world-class ST in 3-4 years.
I think he will play 352 has all through his career mostly.

Batshuayi's a great signing, and his goalscoring record speaks for itself. But apparently Marseille will only receive about £900,000 from that £33m. £11.5m is owed to Standard Leige and the DNCG (French footballs finance regulator) are due to receive £20.6m from the deal.

But has been more told that he is striker. Will see as he is developing and can have a easy switch to striker.
Batshuayi is true striker, hope he dosent get bad influenc from Costa and be some sub for him. They could become deadly duo at top, with Hazard and Willian on sides.

Is Remy still there?

Yep, but I imagine we'll sell him soon (this window probably). Remy's just not Chelsea material.

Batshuayi paired very well with Steven Fletcher last season from what I am reading. Good goalscoring record and is at his best in a two striker formation according to people who have watched him regularly. Seems like a very good signing.

Yep, but I imagine we'll sell him soon (this window probably). Remy's just not Chelsea material.

Tbf to remy his first season he did pretty well and almost always scored when he played but definitely not a striker Id of ever wanted to see start regular at the club.

As we discussed a few pages back, I very much doubt so for a number of reasons. Conte is not overly attached to a particular tactial philosophy. He is a pragmatic coach who moulds his tactics to fit the squad he has and 3-5-2 will be a disaster for Chelsea in its current form.

1. We simply do not have the defenders for it. 3-5-2 requires three excellent centre-backs comfortable bring and playing the ball out from the back and we do not even have one. It also requires hardworking wing-backs to provide width, attacking impetus and defensive solidity which we again do not have.

2. This system has never been tried before at Chelsea. Conte will not have much time with the squad once he arrives so to make wholesale changes like this would be silly.

3. This system will require Hazard to be very strict with his positon which will completely stifle his strengths

I am expecting a 4-3-3 with a hardworking enegertic midfielder coming in to complement Fabregas and Matic in the midfield. We will also buy a new CB because our current ones are injured or ****. Perhaps a FB as well. In that order.

Either way, Conte will probably employ a system that will get the best out of Hazard and Fabregas.

With our current squad 3-5-2 is out of the question.

Also I see Aké will spend next season on loan at Bournemouth, which is rather surprising but best of luck to the lad.

Not expecting Batshuayi to be anything amazing, not first season anyway.

Then again I said that about Drogba when you first signed him so what the **** do I know :$

Thats what he played at Juventus mostly wasnt it.

I must confess that Conte has greatly impressed me in the EUROs and to a Utd fan what he may well do when he gets his hands on Chelsea is scary.

Back