The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Thats what he played at Juventus mostly wasnt it.

I must confess that Conte has greatly impressed me in the EUROs and to a Utd fan what he may well do when he gets his hands on Chelsea is scary.

He's played it when he has had the players. At Juve he had 3 class CBs and a stacked midfield. At Chelsea as of right now, he wont have good enough in central defense (as I think it was Alcaraz said)

Thats what he played at Juventus mostly wasnt it.

I must confess that Conte has greatly impressed me in the EUROs and to a Utd fan what he may well do when he gets his hands on Chelsea is scary.

I think more than anything, its the team spirit and unity that he has created which has been very impressive. Granted this is not some star-studded Italian squad filled with big ego's like those of the past but it still have some big players like the maestro Gigi Buffon and Bonucci.

He's played it when he has had the players. At Juve he had 3 class CBs and a stacked midfield. At Chelsea as of right now, he wont have good enough in central defense (as I think it was Alcaraz said)

I agree. The one thing Conte obviously is, is a tactical master. He will see two things: a) He hasnt got the time or the players at Chelsea to implement a 352. b) That the 352 is not suited to the pace and general style of the EPL/English football

Actually what am I thinking! We do not need to waste money on another striker. We have Betrand Traore lol. Now focus on a CM and CB.

Whoever made this won the internet today

[video]https://www.facebook.com/ynfafootball/videos/1068349909868570/[/video]

So now that England and Spain are out hopefully Wales can knockout Belgium in the QFs to give Hazard and T-Bo some extra time off before our pre-season starts. Then there's Conte... more of the same please Antonio...

tumblr_o9fyrfednG1vvwgg7o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Apparently Kante wants to work with Conte and we are now in pole position to sign him. Massive if true: Conte + in form Matic is the sort of pivot that would absolutely crush anything trying to get through it. Fabregas should also be considerably better with A. more license to get forward B. the players around him much more tightly drilled about what to do in attacking situations. As odd as it sounds, it often looks like Cesc thinks a fraction faster than everyone else on the team and he'll either play the ball too early or stop for others to see the potential run, by which point it's too late. If Conte can get that same clockwork precision into our players as he has into Italy's, it should nullify that big weakness of ours.

Colombian striker Radamel Falcao cost Chelsea £800k per shot and £57k for every touch of the ball during his time on loan at the Blues last season.

Guess who has a new favourite stat. Also each shot on target £1.46 million and every pass £115,555

Apparently Kante wants to work with Conte and we are now in pole position to sign him. Massive if true: Conte + in form Matic is the sort of pivot that would absolutely crush anything trying to get through it. Fabregas should also be considerably better with A. more license to get forward B. the players around him much more tightly drilled about what to do in attacking situations. As odd as it sounds, it often looks like Cesc thinks a fraction faster than everyone else on the team and he'll either play the ball too early or stop for others to see the potential run, by which point it's too late. If Conte can get that same clockwork precision into our players as he has into Italy's, it should nullify that big weakness of ours.

I think you are massively overrating Conte's abilities as a football player. He may still be able to strike a ball sweetly but I bet he would be gassed within ten minutes of stepping onto a football pitch :P

In all seriousness, no idea why Kante would want to work with Conte over Pep or Jose but I am not complaining. Who do you think would be better to play in a midfield three with Matic and Fabregas? Witsel, Kante or Rajda Nainggolan?

I think you are massively overrating Conte's abilities as a football player. He may still be able to strike a ball sweetly but I bet he would be gassed within ten minutes of stepping onto a football pitch :P

In all seriousness, no idea why Kante would want to work with Conte over Pep or Jose but I am not complaining. Who do you think would be better to play in a midfield three with Matic and Fabregas? Witsel, Kante or Rajda Nainggolan?

Nainggolan all day imo.

Tonight will be a good test to see how good Italy really are under Conte, they have been fantastic so far no doubt and msot impressive team for me. But tonight it's against the true big boys in tournament football, Germany, can't wait for this match going to be a cracker.

Tonight will be a good test to see how good Italy really are under Conte, they have been fantastic so far no doubt and msot impressive team for me. But tonight it's against the true big boys in tournament football, Germany, can't wait for this match going to be a cracker.

They will probably lose comprehensively. De Rossi is injured and Motta is suspended. And they were already missing Marchisio and Verratti from the outset weakening an already ****** squad.

Regardless of the result, I am certainly optimistic for Chelsea with what I have seen of Conte so far.

They will probably lose comprehensively. De Rossi is injured and Motta is suspended. And they were already missing Marchisio and Verratti from the outset weakening an already ****** squad.....

I have Germany winning by 2 or 3 for those very reasons.

Utterly mad they've never beaten Italy at a major tournament.

I have Germany winning by 2 or 3 for those very reasons.

Utterly mad they've never beaten Italy at a major tournament.

hoping Muller finally turns up had a pre tournamnet bet, Lukaku Vardy Muller and Greizmann top scorers for their teams with a 750 payout, could do with france being nilled and muller bagging a hattrick tonight haha

They will probably lose comprehensively. De Rossi is injured and Motta is suspended. And they were already missing Marchisio and Verratti from the outset weakening an already ****** squad.

Regardless of the result, I am certainly optimistic for Chelsea with what I have seen of Conte so far.

I heard De Rossi will make it, maybe not whole game though. I'd risk him at this stage of the competition from the start to be honest, it was a groin problem so not the worst.

For me Conte can't really lose tonight. Germany are completely stacked and Italy's squad keeps getting more and more screwed. The fact that he legitimately made it this far with Thiago ******* Motta (who I think is massively underrated but my god, not an AM) wearing the 10 shirt is just insane. He showed against Spain that he is already at our level, this will be the game that determines whether he could actually be the one to take us up to the truly elite.

Last edited:

It was late ;_;

Maybe it's the mentality of Conte that he likes, in the same way players have been attracted to play for Simeone because of his fight and his drive and his passion.

It's between Kante and Radja for me. Rajda offers more going forward and would form a more balanced pairing with Fabregas, whilst Kante would let Cesc be much more offensive and would be better for Matic I think. For me, it all comes down to how much the two wingers can step up their game. If they can get start getting goals and creating again, I would take Kante, if they can't then we desperately need a goal threat from deep and someone to make longshots, so Radja.

For me Conte can't really lose tonight. Germany are completely stacked and Italy's squad keeps getting more and more screwed. The fact that he legitimately made it this far with Thiago ******* Motta (who I think is massively underrated but my god, not an AM) wearing the 10 shirt is just insane. He showed against Spain that he is already at our level, this will be the game that determines whether he could actually be the one to take us up to the truly elite.

If he wins tonight, they should erect a statue of him. This game is the biggest mis-match I have seen between two 'big' international sides

Back