The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
It was late ;_;

Maybe it's the mentality of Conte that he likes, in the same way players have been attracted to play for Simeone because of his fight and his drive and his passion.

It's between Kante and Radja for me. Rajda offers more going forward and would form a more balanced pairing with Fabregas, whilst Kante would let Cesc be much more offensive and would be better for Matic I think. For me, it all comes down to how much the two wingers can step up their game. If they can get start getting goals and creating again, I would take Kante, if they can't then we desperately need a goal threat from deep and someone to make longshots, so Radja.

It seems Roma are being very insistent on holding onto Radja. The only way that move happens is if the player forces it through. I certainly hope he does now that Belgium have been knocked out. It would be a very good move for him. Higher wages, Lots of fellow belgium players in London and a manager who has always wanted him.

For me Conte can't really lose tonight. Germany are completely stacked and Italy's squad keeps getting more and more screwed. The fact that he legitimately made it this far with Thiago ******* Motta (who I think is massively underrated but my god, not an AM) wearing the 10 shirt is just insane. He showed against Spain that he is already at our level, this will be the game that determines whether he could actually be the one to take us up to the truly elite.

Yep. It's a win-win situation (definitely for us at least), and although I'm eager to see him get things started at Chelsea, it would be great to see Italy go all the way. But I must admit, seeing Conte at the Euros has actually got me feeling rather excited about the new season. Then again anything would after last seasons s**tshow.

It seems Roma are being very insistent on holding onto Radja. The only way that move happens is if the player forces it through. I certainly hope he does now that Belgium have been knocked out. It would be a very good move for him. Higher wages, Lots of fellow belgium players in London and a manager who has always wanted him.

Yeah, unfortunately it's not happening unless he forces the move, and I can't see him doing that because he just doesn't seem like that sort of player. We need to move on from Nainggolan, and Kanté would be an excellent alternative but I seriously hope we're looking at Riechedly Bazoer from Ajax as well. He'd be a great addition to the squad imo.

Batshuayi's confirmed on Twitter that he'll be leaving Marseille this summer, and that his departure should be finalised tomorrow. Although he doesn't mention where his next destination will be.

I'm gutted for Italy, especially after losing on penalties. However at least Conte will now have some actual time to work with the squad before our first game of pre-season, and hopefully with his impending arrival we'll really start to push on in the transfer window.

Conte tried basically with LVG did with Holland with Zaza...but he failed.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Batshuayi's confirmed on Twitter that he'll be leaving Marseille this summer, and that his departure should be finalised tomorrow. Although he doesn't mention where his next destination will be.

It's official...

Batshuayi signs | News | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club

crazy-dance.gif

Nainggolan hasn't really impressed me at all at the EURO's. Very sloppy, and constantly loses the ball. I'm more upset we didn't go for Witsel. He looks way more polished than Nainggolan.

Nainggolan hasn't really impressed me at all at the EURO's. Very sloppy, and constantly loses the ball. I'm more upset we didn't go for Witsel. He looks way more polished than Nainggolan.
Think EFC are faves for Witsel if Di Marzio and Amoyal are to be believed. Suppose to be going for talks next week. Naingolan I like but he ain't leaving Roma. Be interesting to see who conte brings in for you guys. That STR is a good start. And serious talks about Pelle in Italian media.

As we discussed a few pages back, I very much doubt so for a number of reasons. Conte is not overly attached to a particular tactial philosophy. He is a pragmatic coach who moulds his tactics to fit the squad he has and 3-5-2 will be a disaster for Chelsea in its current form.

1. We simply do not have the defenders for it. 3-5-2 requires three excellent centre-backs comfortable bring and playing the ball out from the back and we do not even have one. It also requires hardworking wing-backs to provide width, attacking impetus and defensive solidity which we again do not have.

2. This system has never been tried before at Chelsea. Conte will not have much time with the squad once he arrives so to make wholesale changes like this would be silly.

3. This system will require Hazard to be very strict with his positon which will completely stifle his strengths

I am expecting a 4-3-3 with a hardworking enegertic midfielder coming in to complement Fabregas and Matic in the midfield. We will also buy a new CB because our current ones are injured or ****. Perhaps a FB as well. In that order.

Either way, Conte will probably employ a system that will get the best out of Hazard and Fabregas.

Although i agree regarding not seeing Conte play 3-5-2 one thing he does have is time to work it with the squad. We don't have European football this season so he will have 6 days to work with the squad on a regular basis which could work in his favor if he was set on 3-5-2. He also could bring in the players he needs to make a 3-5-2 work, Zouma, JT and another at centre back, Kenedy/Baba LWBs, Azpilicueta RWB, Fabregas in the "Pirlo" mold there is something to start with there i think.

Although i agree regarding not seeing Conte play 3-5-2 one thing he does have is time to work it with the squad. We don't have European football this season so he will have 6 days to work with the squad on a regular basis which could work in his favor if he was set on 3-5-2. He also could bring in the players he needs to make a 3-5-2 work, Zouma, JT and another at centre back, Kenedy/Baba LWBs, Azpilicueta RWB, Fabregas in the "Pirlo" mold there is something to start with there i think.

No doubt that he'll be working with the squad on some form of three-at-the-back formation over the course of the season. Perhaps we'll see it when the team is more competent using said formation, but at the moment I can't see him employing a three-at-the-back system immediately. It would be stupid of him to do so imo.

Last edited:
Juventus once again making forays for Oscar and Matic. I would definitely not let them go without them reciprocating some good will on Bonucci or Pogba.

CudiciniTweet.png

Either Carlo's talking about a new challenge for himself (becoming part of Conte's backroom staff perhaps?) or just Chelsea and Conte in general. But either way, I can't wait for the season to start.

The Vitesse link has been taken to a new level Chelsea have now loaned them their u-21 assistant manager to be the assistant manger of Vitesse. Just name them Chelsea 2 and get it over with

The Vitesse link has been taken to a new level Chelsea have now loaned them their u-21 assistant manager to be the assistant manger of Vitesse. Just name them Chelsea 2 and get it over with

You'll be back in an instant, outraged by that too.

Not really, would just be a name change

Well what difference does it make if it's Chelsea 2 or Vitesse? We are all aware how Vitesse is turning out to be the proving grounds for the promising youth of the Chelsea Academy, no secret here. I agree, loaning staff is a bit weird at first look, but if he can get more experience by that, it's fine by me.

Back