The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Excellent introductory presser from Conte. As a fan, the most inspiring by far of three big new managerial arrivals

Interesting that he's as quietly spoken as Mark Hughes. Which belies their respective aggression on the pitch/ sideline.

I don't rate him much at all but that was highly impressive.

The possibility of Kante and Matic playing together might just get me to follow Chelsea this season.

Don't disappoint me, Roman.

The possibility of Kante and Matic playing together might just get me to follow Chelsea this season.

Don't disappoint me, Roman.

"That's a nice playmaker you've got there. Would be a shame if something were to...happen to him >:-)"

Lot of talk tonight L'pool are fixing to bid for Kante FWIW.

What truth there is in that 'talk' your guess is as good as mine.

I just watched Conte's presser from earlier on today, and he thoroughly impressed me. Conte seemed (understandably) a little bit nervous at first but once he got going I thought he spoke very well. His message was clear, he was very respectful, and his english was rather good.

Admittedly when we first announced Conte would be our new manager I wasn't particularly excited about the news. Mainly because I didn't know much about him and our season was dogs**t, but he's really starting to grow on me. Bring on Rapid Wien!

Everyone reporting it now

Mohamed Bouhafsi– Verified account ‏@mohamedbouhafsi

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

???????????? #Kante to @ChelseaFC is done ! Medical within 48 hours. 5-year-contract, €36m ! #Chelsea

For anyone interested, another couple of excellent goals apparently from Solanke (his second of the tournament) and Izzy Brown in injury time to see the English U-19's into the semi's in the Euro's in Germany.

Not going to get excited just yet but it would be a huge signing if we pull it off.

Could see Matic go, or he may push Kante a bit further forwards.

Pogba to United for 120 mil, spend that on 94 mil (or whatever the release is) to get Higuain and the surplus on Matic wouldn't be a bad set of moves for Juventus. They have the attacking power in midfield covered already with Pjanic

Pogba to United for 120 mil, spend that on 94 mil (or whatever the release is) to get Higuain and the surplus on Matic wouldn't be a bad set of moves for Juventus. They have the attacking power in midfield covered already with Pjanic

They would be ferocious in Europe

Could see Matic go, or he may push Kante a bit further forwards.

Recent word points to Matic staying though. I suspect Kante was brought to play alongside rather than replace Matic. A good clue would be whether we continue to chase after Witsel or Nainggolan after hopefully getting Kante.

If its Kante rather than Rajda, we really need Hazard to be on form next season and not completely disappear for long stretches. Pedro and Willian will hopefully step up as well. What I am really hoping for is to see Kenedy and Betrand Traore make their mark next season which they should have ample opportunity to do as long as we do not keep Cuadrado.

Also in other news I see that (apparently) Gianluca Spinelli is set to become our new first team goalkeeping coach, with Lollichon being given a different role within the club, which is good to hear. Also Cudicini definitely seems to be part of Conte's backroom staff. He travelled to Austria with the rest of the team, and I'm certain Conte's right-hand man Angelo Alessio is with them as well.

Chelsea tweeted this pic earlier, and that's definitely Alessio in the background...

ChelseaTraining1.png

Back