7:14 am - 16 Jul 2016
9,780 RETWEETS6,253 LIKES.

Courtois

Ivanovic-Terry-Zouma-Azpilicueta

Kante-Matic

Willian-Fabregas-Hazard

Costa

Now that's a team

2-0 loss against Rapid Vienna. Not great, but given the circumstances you can't start reading into it. However it appeared as though Conte had us set up in 4-4-1-1 formation when defending and in attack we switched to a 4-2-4. Also Angelo Alessio is definitely at the club already, he was quite clearly sitting on the bench with AA printed on his training wear. It's a bit strange that Chelsea haven't announced it already.

Isn't that pretty much the same team that failed last season? Barring Kante.

It is,but it's also the team who walked the league 2 seasons ago,and i believe they have the quality and experince and if they avoid injuries,they are serious contenders

It is,but it's also the team who walked the league 2 seasons ago,and i believe they have the quality and experince and if they avoid injuries,they are serious contenders

It's an obvious answer but we're only serious contenders if we find form. At the moment we're still the same team that imploded and finished in 10th, the only difference now is we have Batshuayi, Conte and Kanté.

I'd defo exclude Willian too from that. And probably Azpillecueta.

Willian probably deserves a 'free pass' considering he carried us through most of the season (where would we've finished without him?), but even his form dropped massively during the last two months or so of the season. As for Dave, he was as bad as the rest imo. His form was acceptable towards the beginning of last season but once he got sucked into the disease that is our defence even he turned to s**t.

Willian probably deserves a 'free pass' considering he carried us through most of the season (where would we've finished without him?), but even his form dropped massively during the last two months or so of the season. As for Dave, he was as bad as the rest. His form was acceptable towards the being of last season but once he got sucked into the disease that is our defence even he turned to s**t.

Was he really? Seemed ok in my limited viewing of Chelsea last year but I bow to your more invested interest and knowledge.

Ta man.

Was he really? Seemed ok in my limited viewing of Chelsea last year but I bow to your more invested interest and knowledge.

Ta man.

Yeah, Dave was pretty rubbish last season. But having said that even Paolo Maldini in his prime would look like a piece of s**t in our defence. The only defender that really performed well last season was Zouma.

From Conte's post-match interview earlier this evening, he started by talking about Kanté...

"I want to say Kanté was a target and this reason I'm very happy the bought this player. He's a good player. He has good technique, fantastic stamina and I like this type of player. If you want to win a team needs this type of player that works hard for the team.

We identified him, me and the club together, and I think Kanté can give a lot to Chelsea, to enforce a zone which is very important if we want to play with two central midfielders. He showed last season he's able to player with another midfielder. I think with this player we've reinforced the squad.

All together we are working to improve the squad. We know we have to be we prefer to wait and go for our targets, rather than go with emotion and take the players who don't adapt to our idea of football. I'm also very happy about Batshuayi. Tomorrow he arrives and he will start to work with the team.

I talk everyday with the club, it's very important because we know what the team needs. Myself and the club are on the same line and we know what to do to improve this team. But I repeat, we prefer to wait and take the right player rather than taking one only for emotion, that's not right for me."

Then he spoke about the game...

"This is the first game for us but I knew it would be very difficult after three days of double training. They were very hard sessions, not to enjoy, all about the physical and tactical aspect. I think it was a bit normal to meet theses difficulties in the game, but I don't like to lose and it's the same for my players.

I think the game was very important because we can learn a lot from it. It's important to switch our minds to change. The past is not important, we must build through the work of our present and future.

We are very happy to open the new stadium but I'm unhappy with the loss. I want to see our fans happy. We'll work very hard because we want to come back and compete for the title until the end of the season. I know there is a lot of work to do but we are ready."

Finally Conte went on to speak briefly about Cuadrado...

"Juan Cuadrado is a Chelsea player. He will come back very soon. He's in our squad, I'm very happy to have him and train him. I wanted him when I was coach at Juventus and he will come back very soon and train and play with us. Now, he's a Chelsea player and he'll stay with us. If something changes you'll know."

So basically... he likes Kanté. Conte and the club are still working on improving the squad. He wants to play with two central midfielders. Batshuayi will join up with the squad tomorrow. There's work to do, and at the moment Cuadrado is still a Chelsea player. Good s**t!

Back