The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Weird interview from Conte regarding midifield situation. First he hints at playing with a 2 man midfield. Then he goes on to compliment Matic. Maybe it may be because he is still uncomfortable with the language. Either way, I hope we do not sell Matic.

Weird interview from Conte regarding midifield situation. First he hints at playing with a 2 man midfield. Then he goes on to compliment Matic. Maybe it may be because he is still uncomfortable with the language. Either way, I hope we do not sell Matic.

You think? Dunno', but I took that to mean two holding midfielders in the context of Kante.

I wouldn't read into it. Conte saying "if you want to play with two central midfielders" does not necessarily mean he wants to use a two man midfield imo.

As for Matic I wouldn't mind him leaving. He only leaves because he's pushing for it, and if that's the case we should sell him.

I wouldn't read into it. Conte saying "if you want to play with two central midfielders" does not necessarily mean he wants to use a two man midfield imo.

As for Matic I wouldn't mind him leaving. He only leaves because he's pushing for it, and if that's the case we should sell him.
Agreed on Matic, can't see why the club would sell him, so for me his future is in the balance because he wants a possible move.

Agreed on Matic, can't see why the club would sell him, so for me his future is in the balance because he wants a possible move.

Yeah. Also part of the reason I can see him leaving is that recently the club have tried their best to balance the books, and atm the most likely candidates seem to be either Cuadrado, Matic or Oscar. But if Matic wants to leave then we should be selling all three tbh.

Yeah. Also part of the reason I can see him leaving is that recently the club have tried their best to balance the books, and atm the most likely candidates seem to be either Cuadrado, Matic or Oscar. But if Matic wants to leave then we should be selling all three tbh.
Agree, though Cuadrado is interesting because he was back to his best and tactically is so versatile.

You are forgetting we can still sell Remy and Mikel as well.

You are forgetting we can still sell Remy and Mikel as well.

I haven't forgot. We should 100% sell them (along with Brana) imo. But even if we do sell we won't receive vast amounts for them, and we'd still have to sell one of Cuadrado, Matic or Oscar to balance the books.

What do you think is gonna be the future of Marco Van Ginkel?
Imo he had a great half season on loan at PSV. Where he scored 8 goals in 16 matches.

Imo he had a great half season on loan at PSV. Where he scored 8 goals in 16 matches.

Well considering he hasn't travelled to Austria with the rest of the squad I imagine he'll be farmed out on loan again. Which I don't have a problem with. His loan spell at PSV was good, but he was s**t for Stoke and if he can't break into Stoke's first team then he sure as s**t won't break into ours.

Sold imo. They really have to decide soon, it's no good keeping him at the club unless he is going to feature in the near future.

Sold imo. They really have to decide soon, it's no good keeping him at the club unless he is going to feature in the near future.

I doubt we'll sell him, he's still got time to improve and (possibly) feature for us. It's the likes of Djilobodji, Marin and Moses who have zero future at Chelsea that need to be sold.

I doubt we'll sell him, he's still got time to improve and (possibly) feature for us. It's the likes of Djilobodji, Marin and Moses who have zero future at Chelsea that need to be sold.
Fair shout that. Just not seen anything in him that makes me think he will improve enough to be a good Chelsea player. Having watched him in his last couple of loan spells. Maybe needs to go somewhere like Germany and play regularly to see how he copes in a more competitive league than Holland.

Fair shout that. Just not seen anything in him that makes me think he will improve enough to be a good Chelsea player. Having watched him in his last couple of loan spells. Maybe needs to go somewhere like Germany and play regularly to see how he copes in a more competitive league than Holland.

Injuries have f**ked him tbh. When van Ginkel initially arrived at Chelsea he looked rather good, but then he did his ACL against Swindon and that was it. I still believe that had he not got that injury he would be in the same position that Loftus-Cheek is in right now. But a loan to Germany would be the best option for him, perhaps something similar to the Christensen deal.

I haven't forgot. We should 100% sell them (along with Brana) imo. But even if we do sell we won't receive vast amounts for them, and we'd still have to sell one of Cuadrado, Matic or Oscar to balance the books.

With the new TV deal, I don't think Chelsea are under any compulsion to continously have a low net transfer spend. Getting back into CL is best way to boost revenue streams again so we should not compromise on that by selling good players like Oscar or Matic.

Imo, Matic should only be allowed to leave if we can get another midfielder like Nainggolan in and he really wants to. Otherwise we can balance the scales well enough by stripping out all the deadwood like Moses, Remy, Marin and Mikel.

Injuries have f**ked him tbh. When van Ginkel initially arrived at Chelsea he looked rather good, but then he did his ACL against Swindon and that was it. I still believe that had he not got that injury he would be in the same position that Loftus-Cheek is in right now. But a loan to Germany would be the best option for him, perhaps something similar to the Christensen deal.
really like the look of that Christensen! Very impressed with him last season.

With the new TV deal, I don't think Chelsea are under any compulsion to continously have a low net transfer spend. Getting back into CL is best way to boost revenue streams again so we should not compromise on that by selling good players like Oscar or Matic.

Imo, Matic should only be allowed to leave if we can get another midfielder like Nainggolan in and he really wants to. Otherwise we can balance the scales well enough by stripping out all the deadwood like Moses, Remy, Marin and Mikel.

True, but the club have been aiming to have a low net transfer spend in recent years. However the new TV deal should change their perspective on that a little bit.

Matic should go only if he's pushing for it, otherwise we should do everything to keep him. As for Oscar, I'd bin him. But we definitely need to sell the deadwood. How the f**k Marin is still with us I don't know?!

Back