The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Well it appears as though the rumours surrounding Courtois and Lollichon were true. Lollichon is nowhere to be seen in Austria, whereas his rumoured replacement Gianluca Spinelli is. Shame, but at least it seems the board have given Conte the staff he wanted, minus Massimo Carrera and Mauro Sandreani.

Also there's rumours that we're interested in Valencia's centre-back Shkodran Mustafi. A German centre-back? Sign him!!

Makes sense. No point retaining a GK coach who is quite obviously not gelling with our No.1 Goalkeeper. Personally I would let Lollichon head to Arsenal and be with Cech, he has been a loyal staff member for nearly a decade now. No point letting him rot in some obscure part of the club.

Makes sense. No point retaining a GK coach who is quite obviously not gelling with our No.1 Goalkeeper. Personally I would let Lollichon head to Arsenal and be with Cech, he has been a loyal staff member for nearly a decade now. No point letting him rot in some obscure part of the club.

Absolutely. Funny coach position that isn't it? No more specific, one-on-one coach in the game. And as important player/ coach relationship as there is. Manager included. You're working together day in, day out, away from the other players often for years. The trust and friendship between player and coach when it comes to 'keepers must be second to none.

Which probably explains how a goalkeeper can look World class under one 'keeping coach for years. Then that is split up for whatever reason, and it just isn't the same with the next goalie regardless of how technically good he is.

I think Mustafi would be an excellent signing.

And as for goalkeeping coaches, I think Liverpool missed the memo. How does Achterberg still have a job?

Matt Law says we have warned Ateltico about their disrespectful conduct in regards to a Costa transfer. No Chelsea manager or official has ever spoken like that about Griezzmann so why do they do the same with Costa? You enquired, we rejected it now **** off.

Conte confirming today that Cahill, Cuadrado, Dave, Fabregas and Pedro have all returned for pre-season training. Which leaves just Courtois, Kanté and Hazard, who I imagine will return before our tour of America. Also it's good to hear that Batshuayi could've taken another week's break but decided against it because he was eager to join the rest of the squad in Austria. But the best news of all... Zouma's back! Well almost, he's been participating in some light training sessions.

Move along! Nothing to see here...

[video=youtube;7JsZPuRmRP8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JsZPuRmRP8[/video]

^^^^^ LOL. I love things like that. There was a mad one of L'pool players all running holding hands in training like love struck teenagers the other day trying not to laugh and fall over.

Keeping training fun and interesting haha.

Few reports that Conte doesn't want another Central midfielder brought in as he is impressed with loftus-cheek and sees Rubén as part of his plans.

More of some good news.
Chelsea have turned down a £14.25m bid from Borussia Monchengladbach for defender Andreas Christensen

He is very highly rated by them which is an excellent sign to ses. Will be a top player one day .... Hopefully at Chelsea

Video doing the rounds of jose refusing to sign a chelsea fans shirt. Bit pathetic seeing as chelsea fans did nothing but stick by him and sing his name during all the **** and after his sacking last season.

Video doing the rounds of jose refusing to sign a chelsea fans shirt. Bit pathetic seeing as chelsea fans did nothing but stick by him and sing his name during all the **** and after his sacking last season.

I will remember him very fondly, but as far as I'm concerned the Mourinho that left Madrid and the 1st Chelsea/Inter Jose are pretty different people.

I am quite enjoying this period of calm around the club instead of the circus show every club which Mourinho manages eventually becomes. Love how journo's tried to provoke Conte during pressers but he does not bite and gives respectful answers. Just what we need tbh. Quietly work hard and hopefully good results will follow ...

I am quite enjoying this period of calm around the club instead of the circus show every club which Mourinho manages eventually becomes. Love how journo's tried to provoke Conte during pressers but he does not bite and gives respectful answers. Just what we need tbh. Quietly work hard and hopefully good results will follow ...

It's brilliant! No bulls**t, just work. However we'll see what he's like during the season when the pressure mounts (he is Latin-blooded after all), but so far he's handled himself well.

The Italian mob has (officially) arrived...

Backroom team unveiled | News | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club

Three assistant coaches, one personal assistant, two goalkeeping coaches, three fitness coaches (and one performance analyst), and one personal trainer/nutritionist. It's time to work, work, work!

Also something that is kind of, but not kind of related. Chelsea TV stated that the squad have now had almost the same amount of training sessions this pre-season as they did for the entirety of last pre-season. Surely that's incorrect? Because if not, then that is ridiculous!

Just catching up on a few things and Conte, at least the way he talks, is impressing me more and more, The best first few pressers from any of the other 19 managers IMHO. Exactly what you want from him and want to hear as a fan.

Which being a fan of a club that has always held it's managers in the main in far higher esteem than any player, is the biggest compliment I can pay him.

Last edited:
Just catching up on a few things and Conte, at lest the way he talks, is impressing me more and more, The best first few pressers from any of the other 19 managers IMHO. Exactly what you want from him and want to hear as a fan.

Which being a fan of a club that has always held it's managers in the main in far higher esteem than any player, is the biggest compliment I can pay him.

Ta. Its good to see. No showmanship or making bold claims. Lets be humble after a **** season, work very hard and get ourselves back to the top. Plenty of players especially the youngsters are praising him a lot as well as a person who respects and takes a keen interest in improving them.

This is important as most of the youth players like RLC lost all respect for Jose and his coaching staff as apparently they did not give two ***** about them and used to put their feet up during international breaks instead of using them as an opportunity to focus on the young players and develop them. They would have benefited immensely from a manager like Jose teaching them a thing or two when none of the senior players were around.

Its funny because after the wild early years of Chelsea and City, both clubs have settled down and go about their work quietly. Only one club in the EPL are being the 'noisy neighbours' these days ;)

Back