The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
It's good in lots of ways, but I wonder where it leaves Fabregas. Even with Kante, I'm not convinced by him in a midfield 2, so what do we do with him? The thing that has intrigued me has been that Conte seems to have been playing around with the idea of RLC behind the striker in more of a 4-4-1-1 sort of thing, maybe he has the same thing planned for Cesc?

Whilst we're on the subject, I think this is going to be my go to example to explain to people how fluid formations are and how they shouldn't rely too much on notation. We've been playing a 4-4-2, which becomes more of a 4-2-4 in attack, but often with a sort of secondary striker playing a bit deeper and the main striker ahead of the two wingers, aka a 4-2-3-1.

Yeah, I have my concerns about Fabregas' effectiveness in a two-man midfield as well, but I think it could work. However I can't see Conte pushing Fabregas higher up the pitch, it negates what he's good at. I think we'll start the season with...

Hazard - Kanté - Fabregas - Willian

...in midfield, with Dave operating behind Hazard at LB. But whatever formation/s we use this season it's evident that Conte wants to use two up top, and that he demands real width from his wide-men.

Hopefully Ivanovic will take right back slot,rather than CB,even tho he is slow he helps a lot defensivly,while having an eye for a pass/cross

Hopefully Ivanovic will take right back slot,rather than CB,even tho he is slow he helps a lot defensivly,while having an eye for a pass/cross

No chance. For one he's injured and two, he's done at RB. He has been for two-years now. Aina should be starting at RB.

I feel like Aina definitely should b the starting RB. But Bringing lukaku back leaves me on mixed feelings.

So according to several sources, the stadium will be half empty when Liverpool face Chelsea. Not surprising as its a weekday morning. Also apparently most of the people will be supporting Chelsea who are much bigger draw than Liverpool in the States.

So according to several sources, the stadium will be half empty when Liverpool face Chelsea. Not surprising as its a weekday morning. Also apparently most of the people will be supporting Chelsea who are much bigger draw than Liverpool in the States.
did you have to say caant wait to see what the pool lot will have to say after reading and you know who i mean

Wednesday evening mate. 8:30 PM PST. (LA Time.). Thursday morning here. 4:30 AM BST

Transfer window myth-busting - The Set Pieces

This is fantastic work done by Jake Cohen who contributes regularly to WAGHN. Required reading for every football fan which will definitely allow us to have more intelligent discussions on transfer activities in the future.

He was the one that helped me to understand the ins and outs of FFP too. His stuff is always a great blend of accessible and informative.

He was the one that helped me to understand the ins and outs of FFP too. His stuff is always a great blend of accessible and informative.
is ffp still a thing cos the way utd have been throwing cash about the last few years would like to know

is ffp still a thing cos the way utd have been throwing cash about the last few years would like to know

It is. United can afford to throw out that kind of money because they make absurd amounts. The whole thing was marketed, and people perceived it, as a way to ensure some sort of financial equality, but in reality all it's really done is ensure that the big boys and the PL clubs can afford to throw way more money around than anyone else.

It is. United can afford to throw out that kind of money because they make absurd amounts. The whole thing was marketed, and people perceived it, as a way to ensure some sort of financial equality, but in reality all it's really done is ensure that the big boys and the PL clubs can afford to throw way more money around than anyone else.
ok thanks

Indeed. The part that suprised me most in the article was his bit on Shirt sales. I always knew sponsors take a cut of any merchandise sales but never knew it amounted to 85-90% of revenue for every shirt sold. Pretty much rubbishes all those claims by clubs like Madrid that shirt sales helped to pay for Ronaldo.

On a more interesting note, do you think clubs practise price differentiation when it comes to shirts of different players. Eg. Charinf higher price for an Ibrahimovic jersey as compared to a Smalling one all other things being equal?

Indeed. The part that suprised me most in the article was his bit on Shirt sales. I always knew sponsors take a cut of any merchandise sales but never knew it amounted to 85-90% of revenue for every shirt sold. Pretty much rubbishes all those claims by clubs like Madrid that shirt sales helped to pay for Ronaldo.

On a more interesting note, do you think clubs practise price differentiation when it comes to shirts of different players. Eg. Charinf higher price for an Ibrahimovic jersey as compared to a Smalling one all other things being equal?
bank of madrid payed for ronaldo

Chelsea FC– Verified account ‏@ChelseaFC

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

We are delighted to announce the signing of Jacob Torres, Alex Idolor, and Christopher Escobar from @ChildrensLA!

11:10 am - 26 Jul 2016
1,222 RETWEETS892 LIKES.

Begovic, Aina, Cahill, Terry, Dave, Willian, Cesc, Matic, Moses, RLC, Traore.

F**k these early morning kick-offs!

Back