The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Ignore the f**king stupid fan videos.

[video=youtube;TgPa29CQNAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgPa29CQNAg[/video]

Another good interview from Conte, but for me this part in particular stood out (especially considering last season)...

"For me the most important things is to transfer our passion. Me, and my players, and the club to our fans. It's important this. The most important things before to win, to transfer our passion. To transfer the idea that this team is a team that fight until the end, that this team want to play the game, this team want to enjoy themselves and the fans. My targets, and the targets for the club, and for my players is this. And usually when you have these things usually you can have a great result."

Also the part about shouting in Italian was brilliant.

Last edited:
What does everyone think of a potential Lukaku return? Price may put people off but he will undoubtedly be on the best strikers in thr world one day

What does everyone think of a potential Lukaku return? Price may put people off but he will undoubtedly be on the best strikers in thr world one day

I can only go off what blues have repeatedly said, and that's he's incredibly lazy. If I had a pound for every time I heard them last year 'Another boss goal from Lukaku. But what a lazy **** he is!' It's either on a plate for him, or he's not interested. Looked more interested the Euros', but is that down to wanting to impress for a move?

I honestly don't know? His goal record is excellent and he looks to have every attribute to be a Drogba type. But there's VERY mixed views from Evertonians. And this was well before he wanted away. Would that mesh with what Conte demands?

I can only go off what blues have repeatedly said, and that's he's incredibly lazy. If I had a pound for every time I heard them last year 'Another boss goal from Lukaku. But what a lazy **** he is!' It's either on a plate for him, or he's not interested. Looked more interested the Euros', but is that down to wanting to impress for a move?

I honestly don't know? His goal record is excellent and he looks to have every attribute to be a Drogba type. But there's VERY mixed views from Evertonians. And this was well before he wanted away. Would that mesh with what Conte demands?

He does seem far too outspoken and confident for his own good which is something I have always criticized him for. Also the way he left Chelsea still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But no one can deny his immense potential. I think if he buckles down and is willing to temper down his confidence and direct his energies in the right manner, only the sky is the limit. But I can see where you are coming from. In his present state, he does not seem like a player Conte will appreciate. Talks way too much

Not for me. There's no denying he's a good player, but he's just so f**king frustrating to watch, and the price Everton are demanding is ridiculous!

Not for me. There's no denying he's a good player, but he's just so f**king frustrating to watch, and the price Everton are demanding is ridiculous!

Prices have exploded this summer due to the new TV deal. I agree Lukaku can be frustrating to watch but give it 4 years and he will likely become one of the best in the world and we all will be crying that we let go of him. Remember even Pogba is frustrating at times but no one was complaining when we nearly got him last summer ...

Napoli do not want to sell Koulibaly. Valencia do not want to lose Mustafi after selling Andre Gomes and they have a billionaire owner now anyways so no compulsion to sell. Kostas Manolas has some crazy clause in his contract in which 50% of any transfer fee goes to his previous club which is driving his price to astronomical levels. Rudiger has a long-term injury. Bonucci remains a pipe dream.

Not looking good for us at all on the CB front. Probably enhances the importance of the Kante signing as well.

Prices have exploded this summer due to the new TV deal. I agree Lukaku can be frustrating to watch but give it 4 years and he will likely become one of the best in the world and we all will be crying that we let go of him. Remember even Pogba is frustrating at times but no one was complaining when we nearly got him last summer ...

Yeah, prices are absolutely ridiculous this summer. I mean the only thing that makes this Lukaku deal look reasonable is the fact that Real are demanding the same price for Morata. But we'll see with Lukaku. If we sign him, Diego will leave.

Napoli do not want to sell Koulibaly. Valencia do not want to lose Mustafi after selling Andre Gomes and they have a billionaire owner now anyways so no compulsion to sell. Kostas Manolas has some crazy clause in his contract in which 50% of any transfer fee goes to his previous club which is driving his price to astronomical levels. Rudiger has a long-term injury. Bonucci remains a pipe dream.

Not looking good for us at all on the CB front. Probably enhances the importance of the Kante signing as well.

Yep, it's not looking good according to the reports. But Bonucci, Koulibaly and Manolas were always going to be difficult deals to pull off. Mustafi is probably still possible (I wonder what his release clause is?), and Rudiger would be a Chelsea player right now had he not injured himself.

We'll get a centre-back in, we have to. The next names on the 'shortlist' are Stefan de Vrij (Lazio) and Victor Lindelof (Benfica) a.k.a 'Iceman', who earn't that nickname because he's (apparently) very balanced and calm on the ball.

Last edited:

We're meant to be in for De Vrij too, and he is as good as anyone on that list bar Bonucci, imo. Only 24 too, perfect combination of long term prospects and first team experience.

Re: Lukaku. Like him a lot as a player, a lot less as a person and even less a potential Chelsea signing. His cost is insane and he still has exactly the same weaknesses that he suffered from before. I don't want 2 fairly rough strikers + Traore as our options behind Costa. If we're going for another player upfront and we're paying that sort of money, Lacazette is the best option by far.

I presume the 2 year loan for Christensen has no clause to bring him back a year early then?

We had the option to bring him back after the first year, but he and the club decided it was best for his develop to 'see out' the loan deal. Which I think was the right decision.

You want a big Belgium striker with bags of potential that's a lazy **** we can do you Benteke for around half what Everton want for Lukaku.

Even throw in Mario. Or do you a separate deal on him for a box of programmes.

Bargains!

*Edit* OH OH OH, almost forgot. With Bentke, you also get the added bonus off ******* of Pardew. And who doesn't want to **** off that humongous *******?!!!!!

Last edited:
You want a big Belgium striker with bags of potential that's a lazy **** we can do you Benteke for around half what Everton want for Lukaku.

Even throw in Mario. Or do you a separate deal on him for a box of programmes.

Bargains!

*Edit* OH OH OH, almost forgot. With Bentke, you also get the added bonus off ******* of Pardew. And who doesn't want to **** off that humongous *******?!!!!!

Please no...

[video=youtube;ujhImZbroIg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujhImZbroIg[/video]

We're meant to be in for De Vrij too, and he is as good as anyone on that list bar Bonucci, imo. Only 24 too, perfect combination of long term prospects and first team experience.

Re: Lukaku. Like him a lot as a player, a lot less as a person and even less a potential Chelsea signing. His cost is insane and he still has exactly the same weaknesses that he suffered from before. I don't want 2 fairly rough strikers + Traore as our options behind Costa. If we're going for another player upfront and we're paying that sort of money, Lacazette is the best option by far.

Yep, Lacazette > Lukaku.

Out of curiosity Subtle, how do you feel about Conte's plans to utilise a 4-4-2 with our squad? Obviously that could change in the coming weeks, but at the moment it seems 4-4-2 is the plan.

De Vrij also missed the entire last season with injury which is something to worry about. But for the lack of better options, I would not mind taking a punt on him. Low risk-high reward type of deal.

Agreed on Lacazaette. Very strange we have not been linked even tenuously. But if its between Morata and Lukaku on who to spend big bucks, I pick Lukaku for added sentimental reasons.

Yep, Lacazette > Lukaku.

Out of curiosity Subtle, how do you feel about Conte's plans to utilise a 4-4-2 with our squad? Obviously that could change in the coming weeks, but at the moment it seems 4-4-2 is the plan.

It's good in lots of ways, but I wonder where it leaves Fabregas. Even with Kante, I'm not convinced by him in a midfield 2, so what do we do with him? The thing that has intrigued me has been that Conte seems to have been playing around with the idea of RLC behind the striker in more of a 4-4-1-1 sort of thing, maybe he has the same thing planned for Cesc?

Whilst we're on the subject, I think this is going to be my go to example to explain to people how fluid formations are and how they shouldn't rely too much on notation. We've been playing a 4-4-2, which becomes more of a 4-2-4 in attack, but often with a sort of secondary striker playing a bit deeper and the main striker ahead of the two wingers, aka a 4-2-3-1.

Last edited:
Koulibaly's agent saying his client wants to leave the club and not renew a contract. Could be just posturing to get a better deal but I suspect this is one of those transfer saga's that will drag out for a while especially with De Laurentis involved.

Back