The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M

Sky Sports News HQ– Verified account ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

BREAKING: @SunderlandAFC sign Papy Djilobodji from @ChelseaFC for £8m on four-year contract

[video=youtube;ogAqgkkTV5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogAqgkkTV5U[/video]

Chalobah is good and deserve to start IMO.
I think the best Chelsea is:

-----------------------Michy----------------Costa
Hazard------------Kante----------------Chalobah-------------Willian or Cuadrado

Azpi--------Terry (or a signing)---Zouma(when he come back)------Aina
---------------Courtois------------------
What do you think guys?

What do you think guys?

A Kante-Chalobah midfield axis is never going to work I feel. Also a bit premature to say Chalobah is capable of starting EPL games. He deserves a chance for sure though.

What do you think guys?

Not for me. Nate deserves a chance but starting him against West Ham would be a mistake. Also the best Chelsea features a three-man midfield, not a two.

Matic - Kanté - Cesc

^ That's ^ our best midfield at the moment imo. However our problems lie in defence, not in midfield. If our defence is s**t again we'll achieve nothing. We still need to sign a decent centre-back and fullback.

[video=youtube;ol3dsEU8p54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol3dsEU8p54[/video]

At least he seems settled out in L.A., and I hope Chelsea do bring him back in some capacity once he retires.

Squad for Bremen tomorrow...

Courtois, Begovic, Blackman, Ivanovic, Aina, Cahill, Terry, Hector, Azpilicueta, Kante, Matic, Chalobah, Cesc, RLC, Oscar, Hazard, Pedro, Moses, Willian, Cuadrado, Costa, Batshuayi, Traore.

No Kenedy (which is a shame), Miazga or Remy.

Yeah, Kenedy deserves better and is MORE worthy and better than Pedro. He showed more things than Pedro in the Chelsea shirt. It's a shame. About Miazga and Remy, I can understand it, Miazga didn't impress Conte and Costa, Batshuayi, Traore and maybe Hazard are above him.

Betrand Traore looks like he will go on loan to Ajax. This either means Remy is staying or Chelsea are confident of closing a deal for Lukaku. Make of it what you will.

Imo, we should keep Betrand Traore. Wonderfully talented and has a fantastic attitude. He definitely belongs at this level. Dutch league will not challenge him much at all.

I would be so ****** if we sell Matic to Juventus. Barely any time to get a replacement in too. Only way we should agree to do it is if Juventus agree to talk about Bonucci or we can bring in Matuidi both of which will probably not happen.

Not for me. Nate deserves a chance but starting him against West Ham would be a mistake. Also the best Chelsea features a three-man midfield, not a two.

Matic - Kanté - Cesc

^ That's ^ our best midfield at the moment imo. However our problems lie in defence, not in midfield. If our defence is s**t again we'll achieve nothing. We still need to sign a decent centre-back and fullback.

Putting Kante and an in-form Matic in the midfield can protect just about any defense in the world (even ours). We desperately need Matic back to his best particularly if our defensive unit remains as it is.

I would be so ****** if we sell Matic to Juventus. Barely any time to get a replacement in too. Only way we should agree to do it is if Juventus agree to talk about Bonucci or we can bring in Matuidi both of which will probably not happen.

Or maybe this is their best chance to sell him next year. Janssen and Milik has been sold for a lot by scoring only half a season a lot.
Anyways, at Ajax he is reunited with his old coach Peter Bosz from Vitesse, he will most likely play Champions League and he might become top scorer.

Who do u see leading the line? Costa or Batshuayi?

Costa without doubt.

Batman is pretty raw and Costa looks sharp in preseason. I think people are going to get a pretty strong reminder this season that he's a lot more than just a wind up merchant. He was starting to knock on the door of that truly elite (and tiny) group of WC strikers before last season's troubles. Even then, he still scored 16 in 42, which whilst not great, certainly isn't terrible either. The two seasons before that (36 in 52 and 21 in 37) are really, really good stats. He's also only 27, even if he looks 40.

Costa without doubt.

Batman is pretty raw and Costa looks sharp in preseason. I think people are going to get a pretty strong reminder this season that he's a lot more than just a wind up merchant. He was starting to knock on the door of that truly elite (and tiny) group of WC strikers before last season's troubles. Even then, he still scored 16 in 42, which whilst not great, certainly isn't terrible either. The two seasons before that (36 in 52 and 21 in 37) are really, really good stats. He's also only 27, even if he looks 40.

Exactly. A lot of people tell me that Costa is a one-hit wonder and point to last seasons troubles to prove it. Yet he banged in 16 goals during our worst ever season with the majority coming once the destabilizing influence of Mourinho had gone which shows what he can produce in the right environment.

Batman haha. Like that.

We we used to sing the Batman theme to Spackman related to Chelsea. Who was a very fine midfielder. So unlucky that he lost both the League Cup final against Arsenal and the all time shock Cup Final against Wimbledon with us. And that he had players of the caliber of Ronnie Whelan to contend with. Still part of Kenny's great '87/88 side which is arguably the finest we've ever had so he'll always have that.

Really liked Nigel. He hung for a few years in some great L'pool sides and never looked out of place. Which is just about the best compliment from that time he could have.

Interesting...

It looks like Nikola Maksimović (Napoli's rumoured replacement for Koulibaly) could be leaving Torino. He has been left out of their squad to face Pro Vercelli, and he's not on their 'injured list' either. Plus in an interview yesterday Mihajlović (Torino's manager) insisted that "Nikola will play from the start" against Pro Vercelli. If true then hopefully this clears the path for Koulibaly.

Back