The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Wouldn't call it an absolute stonewaller, but if it happened anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul, so on that logic, it's a penalty.
I agree, first season in a while I'm actually remembering to cheer on the underdogs against the big boys haha, was in "don't give a f***" mode for a while

Why did he even go down? Yeah, strictly speaking there was contact and it's a penalty. But he's clean through. If he hadn't thrown himself like he'd been shot when he was just brushed the ref may well of looked more favourably.

Talking of, love Costa getting carded after running 20 years to have a go at the ref when it had notin' to do with him. Here's hoping they stick to this new rule ALL season and not just at the start. About time player indiscipline toward officials was clamped down on.

Last edited:
Chelsea really comfortable here. West Ham have no exit strategy at all. Chelsea will be frustrated they haven't been quite as ruthless up front though

Without the outlet of Payet and even more so Creswell, West Ham and Carrol look a completely different team.

If I were Conte, seeing Willian's half attempt getting something in front of Collins, I'd be absolutely furious.

I must say I've been really impressed with Oscar from what seems to be a deeper role given to him? He may have the license to selectively get forward out of the 3 in the centre of the park, but he's really been getting stuck in and winning balls too - always had him down as a luxury player.

Although he does go down a little too dramatically

VICTOR MOSES?!?!?! On for CHELSEA? Did they receive some sort of loan ban?

Chelsea really comfortable here. West Ham have no exit strategy at all. Chelsea will be frustrated they haven't been quite as ruthless up front though

Our lack of incisiveness in the final third will probably cost us points here. West Ham really lucky to get away with something as they have been against most big teams away in the Bilic era.

Our lack of incisiveness in the final third will probably cost us points here. West Ham really lucky to get away with something as they have been against most big teams away in the Bilic era.

You've got away with it Costa (who should have been off) has bagged an excellent probable winner

Chelsea were very average but definitely deserved 3 points imho though

Eh, we used to get this with Mourinho too. 9/10 we close that game out and get the 1-0. Agreed we should have pushed for a third but I think it was a pretty comfortable performance all in all.

Definitely. Costa should never of been on to score it like, but a fully deserved win.

Very noticeable the last quarter of both games how much fitter and stronger both Chelsea and L'pool were over West Ham and Arsenal respectively. Where's that Dutch gobshite who was narking at both's pre-season the press?

Back