The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Don't they allow a certain number of free articles per month? I had no problem reading it despite having no subscription either!

Must have read something on it earlier, vaguely recall doing so now that I think about it

You looked good until you broke the deadlock, Hazard looked terrific, Oscar impressed me, Costa tried a little burst here and there, Kante was Kante, but other than that... And yes you controlled the game, but you were allowed to against cagey side, same as us (United) in our opening game against Bournemouth, West Ham set up that way, and only for a very good late strike from a player who shouldn't have been on the pitch, West Ham's ****** and grab strategy would've worked and they would have came away with a very good point.

As I said, I recognise you that you deserved the 3 points, as West Ham were much too unadventurous for a side who has European ambitions, and you did create decent chances, but I just felt you were asking for West Ham to score the way your lot took their foot off the gas after going 1-0 up, West Ham rarely threatened all night so I don't much risk in going for a 2nd goal at home, against a side who weren't at the races, and that's why I described it as rather average. If United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc had a smaller team against the ropes at home, after going 1-0 up, do you think they'd sit back and try hold out almost an entire half for 1-0? Batter them, get the fear factor back at the bridge, or perhaps I'm a little old fashioned.

I agree we took our foot off the gas, maybe run out of ideas etc but there was a major difference which we didn't have last season and that's Mr Conte. As you said yourself both Hazard and Oscar (a player i am not a fan of) were the 2 standouts on the pitch yet he saw us taking the foot off the gas and subbed them both off! Batshuayi comes on as one of the subs and assists the winner, that was 2 massive calls from Conte but shows he saw the drop off too regardless of how well players had been playing.

****** **** Chelsea! 2 games into the new season and you've given my ticker a proper workout already!!!

Another vintage Costa performance though. Almost gets himself sent off and then bangs in the winner. Not seen since 2014. Diego, Diego!!

Wow, just 2 matches into the new season and Chelsea have given my ticker a proper good workout already!!!

I'll try keep it brief today, up until the Batshuayi came on i felt we were so flat, created nothing noteworthy and went behind to a sensational strike (defending dreadful). But then Conte unlike previous bosses we have had changed the system, Batshuayi up alongside Costa and Moses coming on and going on the left gave Hazard licence to roam down the centre. But then for me sub number 3 was the best of the lot, a man who's place at our team has been called into question so much these past 5 days put in a match winning performance by himself. His ball to Costa for the winner was outrageous, one arguably only he in world football could have played right now and do we really want to let that leave???

Costa yet again lucky to stay on the pitch but we can flip that and say yet again we were turned down a stonewall penalty but he has to stop doing pathetic things like diving when he's on a yellow card! Not amazing but winning like this is arguably the best feeling for any footballer, fan and club in general and can only push us on.

UTC!

Wow, just 2 matches into the new season and Chelsea have given my ticker a proper good workout already!!!

I'll try keep it brief today, up until the Batshuayi came on i felt we were so flat, created nothing noteworthy and went behind to a sensational strike (defending dreadful). But then Conte unlike previous bosses we have had changed the system, Batshuayi up alongside Costa and Moses coming on and going on the left gave Hazard licence to roam down the centre. But then for me sub number 3 was the best of the lot, a man who's place at our team has been called into question so much these past 5 days put in a match winning performance by himself. His ball to Costa for the winner was outrageous, one arguably only he in world football could have played right now and do we really want to let that leave???

Costa yet again lucky to stay on the pitch but we can flip that and say yet again we were turned down a stonewall penalty but he has to stop doing pathetic things like diving when he's on a yellow card! Not amazing but winning like this is arguably the best feeling for any footballer, fan and club in general and can only push us on.

UTC!
Modric could've played that ball.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

6 points from 6. Can't fault it. Chelsea/City/United as a three-way title challenge, with 3 charismatic managers.

Honestly if we are not paying that £65m for Lukaku, might as well get James Rodriguez. Teams know that to beat us, all they have to do is close down Hazard and Costa and wait for the Ivanovic/Cahill combo to **** up. We desperately need a proper attacking threat from the right wing. We need a centre-back too but I am starting to see why this is also a priority.

Honestly if we are not paying that £65m for Lukaku, might as well get James Rodriguez. Teams know that to beat us, all they have to do is close down Hazard and Costa and wait for the Ivanovic/Cahill combo to **** up. We desperately need a proper attacking threat from the right wing. We need a centre-back too but I am starting to see why this is also a priority.

What's wrong with Willian? Wasn't he your best player last season?

Willian is perfect for you lot though, I always thought he balances the ultra-offensive Hazard on the other side.

Willian is perfect for you lot though, I always thought he balances the ultra-offensive Hazard on the other side.

The problem has always been that all teams have to do is put three players on Hazard, tightly mark Costa and shut down Fabregas before waiting for our defense to screw up and grab a goal. In theory, its quite hard to perfectly nullify three players but when even one of them goes off-form or is dropped and the other two are closed down, our attack is toothless.

Willian is a fantastic player who works hard on his wing and will be ideal against bigger opposition away from home but we need a player on the right wing who can match Hazards attacking threat and stretch the opposition. I would like to see Moses given a start if nothing else.

Also I am as surprised as anyone that Moses seems to be staying at Chelsea and is even making regular cameo appearances. Quite obviously he has worked hard in pre-seaon and Conte is rewarding him for his efforts. Good to see that Conte is actually walking the talk on selecting players on merit (eg. Dropping Fabregas for Oscar) instead of just paying lip service to it like our previous managers.

Am I the only who thinks that Bertrand Traoré should have been chelsea's starter this season?

Just had a bid rejected for Romagnoli (sp). We should stop ******* around and buy Maksimovic. Amoyal is a big fan and he seems just like the type of player who flies under the radar at a mid-table club like Torino but needs a bigger stage to shine. He is very gettable at a good price in this market. In addition, Amoyal reckons he is perfect for a 3-5-2 system.

Chelsea need to start being smarter in the market. I understand the budget is tight due to the new stadium plans. So instead of chasing big name players like Lukaku and Koulibaly and trying to attain them for moderate prices, we should be looking to pick up talented players who fly under the radar because they play for mid-table clubs. Its a strategy that worked brillaintly for United in the Fergie era and I don't see why it should not work for us as well.

Sure enquire about the big players like Lukaku and Rodriguez but once you know the price is exorbirant, pull out and focus on other targets. Sometimes we will be successful like when we got Kante and sometimes we will not be. We spent the entire last summer chasing Stones and this summer chasing Koulibaly when we could easily have gotten Maksimovic in for a proper pre-season. Now its squeaky *** time as we try and rush 2-3 signings in the last week of the window. God help us ...

Back