The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Just had a bid rejected for Romagnoli (sp). We should stop ******* around and buy Maksimovic. Amoyal is a big fan and he seems just like the type of player who flies under the radar at a mid-table club like Torino but needs a bigger stage to shine. He is very gettable at a good price in this market. In addition, Amoyal reckons he is perfect for a 3-5-2 system.

Getting Romagnoli from Milan even considering in the situation they are in is hard. Along with De Sciglio and Donnarumma one of the players they wont sell unless for an crazy fee.

Maksimovic didn't play for Torino last night and wasn't even on bench. Don't know if he is injured or something at the moment, but he's been rumoured to be target for Napoli so could be good for Chelsea to nap him in front of them for not selling Koulibaly.

Getting Romagnoli from Milan even considering in the situation they are in is hard. Along with De Sciglio and Donnarumma one of the players they wont sell unless for an crazy fee.

Maksimovic didn't play for Torino last night and wasn't even on bench. Don't know if he is injured or something at the moment, but he's been rumoured to be target for Napoli so could be good for Chelsea to nap him in front of them for not selling Koulibaly.

Maksimovic has gone on strike to try and push through a move to Napoli. Explains why Napoli have not sold us Koulibaly yet and there are no guarentees they will even if they get Maksimovic. Its better for us as you said to cut out the middleman and just get Maksimovic. Torino are open to selling and are easier to do business with than De Laurentis at Napoli.

I have the U-23's game on the background between Chelsea and L'pool as it's a boring Monday night, and it's interesting to see you playing in a 3-5-2.

Presumably this is Conte integrating his preferred system right through club save for the first team where he just doesn't have the payers at present.

Last edited:
I have the U-23's game on the background between Chelsea and L'pool as it's a boring Monday night, and it's interesting to see you playing in a 3-5-2.

Presumably this is Conte integrating his preferred system right through club save for the first team where he just have the payers at present.

You'd think so but this isn't something Conte has introduced, the youth teams have been using that system for a while now.

Also I am as surprised as anyone that Moses seems to be staying at Chelsea and is even making regular cameo appearances. Quite obviously he has worked hard in pre-seaon and Conte is rewarding him for his efforts. Good to see that Conte is actually walking the talk on selecting players on merit (eg. Dropping Fabregas for Oscar) instead of just paying lip service to it like our previous managers.

Surprised but only because he's actually staying (so far, there's still a week left of the window), the past three pre seasons he's been our best player by quite some distance and we end up throwing him out on loan. Believe he signed a new contract when he went to West Ham last summer though. I'm happy he's staying i think he gives a little depth in the squad of a decent standard.

Am I the only who thinks that Bertrand Traoré should have been chelsea's starter this season?

Not a starter but 100% part of the squad, Conte likes him and says he's at a stage where he needs to play every week and with Chelsea not in Europe this season it will be hard to rotate the squad. So hoping/expecting him to have a good season in a league he already tore up when he was younger and come back a better player.

Willian is perfect for you lot though, I always thought he balances the ultra-offensive Hazard on the other side.

He has great energy but i wouldn't say he's great in a defensive sense, most of the goals we have conceded in the past couple of seasons have come from that side (Ivanovic doesn't help that). I'm a massive fan of Willian however he frustrates me greatly.

Presumably this is Conte integrating his preferred system right through club save for the first team where he just doesn't have the payers at present.

It's one of the problems in this country not just with us, our development squads not playing the same system as the current 1st team. I think Conte would obviously like to play that formation but would have to change far too much.

So it looks like we have finally done the smart thing and turned our attention to Maksimovic. Torino will definitely sell to us over Napoli as well. A very good player who can be attained relatively easily.

You'd think so but this isn't something Conte has introduced, the youth teams have been using that system for a while now.

It's one of the problems in this country not just with us, our development squads not playing the same system as the current 1st team. I think Conte would obviously like to play that formation but would have to change far too much.

Kind of what I was thinking. Maybe the fact that your youth teams have been playing an entirely different system to the first team for a while is part of the reason players are struggling to break through at Chelsea, despite their obvious talent.

Kind of what I was thinking. Maybe the fact that your youth teams have been playing an entirely different system to the first team for a while is part of the reason players are struggling to break through at Chelsea, despite their obvious talent.

While I can certainly see merit in the idea of implenting a similar across all levels within our club to make it easier for youth players to progress, I think that is very unrealistic considering our managerial turnover and in the league in general. Youth players will have to learn how to adapt if they want to break through.

Yeah I don't know. Look at Bayern, they've hardly had much of managerial stability last 15 years, and yet look at the number of young players constantly breaking into the first team.

3 games, 3 wins, 7 scored however 4 conceded 2 of which against Bristol Rovers! Encouragingly worrying sums #CFC up for me right now. #UTC

Sky Sports News HQ– Verified account ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

BREAKING: West Ham have begun talks with Chelsea over loan signing of Loic Remy: [url]http://skysports.tv/Yk6fjt [/URL] [url]http://snpy.tv/2bAp4s7 [/URL]

Just about to sign for Napoli. Him and Koulibaly will be a great partnership.

Not sure where you heard that. Torino would much rather sell to a foreign club. Chelsea have already informed them of their interest. Only way he signs for Napoli is if Chelsea do not follow up. Conte does not appear to be a fan of him anyways.

Would much rather have Maksimovic. Just seems cheaper and far more reliable.

Indeed. Sticky situation for you now.

Age old problem since Bosman changed things. The closer you get the end of the window, with clubs knowing how desperate you are, the more the asking price rockets.

Indeed. Sticky situation for you now.

Age old problem since Bosman changed things. The closer you get the end of the window, with clubs knowing how desperate you are, the more the asking price rockets.

Indeed. Really amateur-ish from the club and thats been for 2 straight windows now. As long as we get good players in, I am alright. Still remember the shambles of the last window where we go and make a £80m bid for Pogba and £40m bid for Stones in the last few days after dithering all summer and then end up with ******* Papy djibodhdnslt

Back