The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
And if we had actually brought in Pogba and Stones, we would have been right up there with the best in Europe last season no doubt. Terrible way to much it all up.

Just about to sign for Napoli. Him and Koulibaly will be a great partnership.

Alternatively, if Napoli sign Maksimovic then they could be more open to selling Koulibaly especially as Koulibaly has not extended his contract and desperately wants to leave. Napoli interested in taking Mangala on loan as well.

Alternatively, if Napoli sign Maksimovic then they could be more open to selling Koulibaly especially as Koulibaly has not extended his contract and desperately wants to leave. Napoli interested in taking Mangala on loan as well.
Could do but will have to be a huge offer.

Right then Romagnoli is thankfully a dead-end, that means all guns blazing for Maksimovic and if that fails, we go get Mustafi. The latter two are very much available so no excuses there.

Right then Romagnoli is thankfully a dead-end, that means all guns blazing for Maksimovic and if that fails, we go get Mustafi. The latter two are very much available so no excuses there.
The former is due for a medical in Napoli early next week according to Di Marzio. But if you pay up you will defo get Mustafi as can't see Arsenal stumping up the cash. Koulibaly will still be expensive the prices quoted are big.

No complaints at all from me if we sign Marcos Alonso. Its what I was advocating for last week. If we are not willing to spend big, go for talented players who fly under the radar at mid-table clubs and need a bigger stage to shine. Alonso fits the bill perfectly.

25 years old. Did well with Bolton and Sunderland in the EPL. Coming off a very good season at Fiorentina. He is cheap and deal can be concluded quickly. Allows Azpilicueta to shift to his favoured right side and the liability Ivanovic to move to the centre. Low risk and high reward signing. Hopefully we can tie up Maksimovic quickly too.

These type of players will play their heart and soul out for Chelse. This strategy worked terrifically for United under SAF. No complaints at all.

The former is due for a medical in Napoli early next week according to Di Marzio. But if you pay up you will defo get Mustafi as can't see Arsenal stumping up the cash. Koulibaly will still be expensive the prices quoted are big.
Looks live we've stumped up 35 Million for Mustafi. Have no idea why Chelsea haven't gone in for him. Conte's Serial A obsession?

Verified account ‏@ChelseaFC

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Conte: 'I hope to improve the squad in the market but we understand our targets are very difficult to reach.' #CFC
5:15 am - 26 Aug 2016
269 RETWEETS252 LIKES.

Looks live we've stumped up 35 Million for Mustafi. Have no idea why Chelsea haven't gone in for him. Conte's Serial A obsession?

Maybe he just does not rate him? I much prefer Maksimovic or Koulibaly tbh but Mustafi is a good player.

Yeah Marcos Alonso would be a great singning allowing Ivanovic to play in the center and Ola Aina to be a backup for both Alonso and Azpi. We just need a central defender now. And guys what about Solanke, will he stay or is he going on loan?

Yeah Marcos Alonso would be a great singning allowing Ivanovic to play in the center and Ola Aina to be a backup for both Alonso and Azpi. We just need a central defender now. And guys what about Solanke, will he stay or is he going on loan?

Club policy is to only send him on loan if he signs a new contract. No point letting him go elsewhere when he only plans to leave on free and not help the club.

Maybe he just does not rate him? I much prefer Maksimovic or Koulibaly tbh but Mustafi is a good player.

They say that it's because Conte knows the Serie A market best. Napoli paid £7 Million for Koulibaly and tried to ship him out last summer. They now want to extort £60 Million out of you! De Laurentiis is a pain in the **** to negotiate with.

David Amoyal: Koulibaly & Paredes - the tale of the domino effect | Calciomercato.com
Chelsea warn Napoli that they will not increase their offer for Kalidou Koulibaly 

They say that it's because Conte knows the Serie A market best. Napoli paid £7 Million for Koulibaly and tried to ship him out last summer. They now want to extort £60 Million out of you! De Laurentiis is a pain in the **** to negotiate with.

David Amoyal: Koulibaly & Paredes - the tale of the domino effect | Calciomercato.com
Chelsea warn Napoli that they will not increase their offer for Kalidou Koulibaly*

Yes it does seem that way. I trust Conte's judgement on Serie A players since he knows the league so well. Alonso may not be a glamour signing but I think its a shrewd one if it does happen. ADL is an absolutely pain to negotiate with. Really hope we get Maksimovic instead. Christensen is back next summer. Zouma-Christensen-Maksimovic is a very solid CB core for the future.

Yes it does seem that way. I trust Conte's judgement on Serie A players since he knows the league so well. Alonso may not be a glamour signing but I think its a shrewd one if it does happen. ADL is an absolutely pain to negotiate with. Really hope we get Maksimovic instead. Christensen is back next summer. Zouma-Christensen-Maksimovic is a very solid CB core for the future.
Christensen is literally the best young defender in the world. Literally a perfect fit for Chelsea. Unlucky that he has a 2 year loan.

Di Marzio tweeted earlier that Maskimovic will travel to Napoli for medical on Monday. And Napoli president will only except bids of £56m. That Christiansen looks class though tbh. Him and Zouma will be a great future pairing.

Di Marzio tweeted earlier that Maskimovic will travel to Napoli for medical on Monday. And Napoli president will only except bids of £56m. That Christiansen looks class though tbh. Him and Zouma will be a great future pairing.

They are trying to milk it like Valencia did with Mustafi. We were discussing a deal worth £23-26 Million and Mustafi trained on his own. All of a sudden they then demanded the £43 Million release clause and played him in a league game. We then agreed £35 Million. If you're English, they will demand extra £££.

Christensen is literally the best young defender in the world. Literally a perfect fit for Chelsea. Unlucky that he has a 2 year loan.

tbh I think a 2 year loan was one of the smarter things Chelsea did. It gives Borussia a greater incentive to develop and play him instead of dropping him at the first sign of trouble if they know they can benefit down the road. They are absolutely crazy about him now and are prepared to pay a club record fee to sign him.

If all goes well, I can see Betrand Traore and Christensen being the first youth products since Terry to break through next season.

Also Burnley today. Its obvious what they are going to do. Sit deep in their own box. Double/triple up on Hazard and mark Costa out of the game. Give Willian/Pedro all the space in the world because they will do ****-all with it anyways. Wait for the inevitable ****-up from Cahill/Ivanovic to grab a goal.

I say let Moses be given a start just to see what he can do when all the attention is on Hazard. More importantly, Fabregas has to be on the pitch. A midfielder who can unlock any defense in the world on his day.

Also Burnley today. Its obvious what they are going to do. Sit deep in their own box. Double/triple up on Hazard and mark Costa out of the game. Give Willian/Pedro all the space in the world because they will do ****-all with it anyways. Wait for the inevitable ****-up from Cahill/Ivanovic to grab a goal.

I say let Moses be given a start just to see what he can do when all the attention is on Hazard. More importantly, Fabregas has to be on the pitch. A midfielder who can unlock any defense in the world on his day.

Dont worry. Chelsea will win. Costa will make a horrendous challenge that should get him sent off in the 70th minutes but he'll stay on and score the winner in the 87th :P

Back