The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Completely dominated Burnley. That is as comfortable a win as we will have all season. Its a travesty that we only scored 3. Hazard and Kante fantastic. Matic looked like it was 2014 all over again. Costa should have gotten a hat-trick but it looks he can only score in games in which he almosts get sent off. Moses continuing to impress.

Now lets get some new players and start the season proper after the international break.

Also Tammy Abraham is tearing it up in the Championship. 6 goals in 7 games so far with Bristol City.

Yes we played a poor side today but we done a few things that was good to see and things we can built upon. First thing which impressed me was how much possession we had throughout the match and the thing which goes hand in hand with that is the reason why we had so much was the quickness in how we won the ball back when we didn't have it. Kante today was absolutely outstanding for me man of the match by a mile, every time Burnley had the ball he was on top of them. When we had possession he was 30 yards from their goal just keeping the ball moving but whenever Burnley broke he was magically in-between Cahill and JT! He is Makelele with stamina!

Another thing which was good to see is scoring early on, so many times against sides of this level we struggled to break through early but doing so makes them have to try and come out and gives us more space in behind. Our sharpness in front of goal is not quite there yet as to be expected so early in the season but lets be honest it could have been 4 or 5-0 at halftime.

I agree we need strengthening but look at Conte's subs in all 3 league matches, in all 3 matches subs have had a hand in winning the game and/or adding to the game as Batshuayi (pass on the counter to Pedro), Pedro (sensational cross to Moses) and Moses (scored the third) did today. We do have options and not just that it seems as if Conte has got something which makes these players want to put everything into little minutes they get when they come on.

The final thing and arguably the biggest thing which happened today was a ****** clean sheet!!!! I read that's our 1st in 13 matches which if true is absolutely mental! Its a huge thing for the team overall to build on its just a shame there's now an international break because i feel the squad just want to keep playing.

Finally i have to say how delighted i am with the job Conte has done so far, i just ****** well hope the board help him with 1 or 2 signings this week!

UTC!!!

So apparently Conte is not willing to let Cuadrado go unless Chelsea sign a winger. Seems a bit unecessary to me. We have Hazard, Pedro, Willian and Moses for two positions. Two very talented players in Betrand Traore and Kenedy out on loan. Unless we get a top top quality player, I don't think we need any reinforcements in the area.

If Remy goes though, we do need a striker so that Conte has the option of switching to a 4-2-4. Think we missed the boat on someone like Sadio Mane who would have been excellent.

We are in for an interesting few days but honestly I feel its going to be like last summer all over again and we will end up signing some Papy dhibodlgnri esque player.

Very strange Chelsea looking at letting Ziuma leave on loan with the option to buy for Schalke.

Its the most laughable transfer rumour I have seen. He is still recovering from an ACL injury and we have 5 senior defenders including him. Plus club puts him above Cahill in the pecking order when he is fit. No idea where Di Marzio heard that from but tbf, I have seen stranger things happen. Interesting few days for the club ahead.

Its the most laughable transfer rumour I have seen. He is still recovering from an ACL injury and we have 5 senior defenders including him. Plus club puts him above Cahill in the pecking order when he is fit. No idea where Di Marzio heard that from but tbf, I have seen stranger things happen. Interesting few days for the club ahead.
Dont think its a rumour. Especially the people who are reporting on it. Maybe Conte doesn't fancy him or wants more experience at the back.

Dont think its a rumour. Especially the people who are reporting on it. Maybe Conte doesn't fancy him or wants more experience at the back.

Just saw that the report is being backed up by Amoyal so I see where you are coming from. Its a very strange rumour especially since we have so few defenders and its so late in the window. On the other hand, this could also mean that club is quietly confident of securing 2-3 defensive targets before window closes so lets see ...

Just saw that the report is being backed up by Amoyal so I see where you are coming from. Its a very strange rumour especially since we have so few defenders and its so late in the window. On the other hand, this could also mean that club is quietly confident of securing 2-3 defensive targets before window closes so lets see ...
Yeah surely a couple coming in. Zouma was very good prior injury and I rated him before from when I watched him sign for you guys. Maybe worried about the injury. Watch this space I guess regarding the rest of your window.

Yeah surely a couple coming in. Zouma was very good prior injury and I rated him before from when I watched him sign for you guys. Maybe worried about the injury. Watch this space I guess regarding the rest of your window.

No one has a clue whats going on which can be a good or bad thing. Its going to be a ****-clenching time till deadline day.

It's a bad bad thing. LETTINS zOUMA go is a bad thing. He is our best centre back and letting him go is a mistake.

Terry has seen considerable decline.

Yes, but the team as a whole has declined considerably. He's the best we've got and he isn't the problem, the problem is Ivanovic. Replace him with a component fullback and that immediately solves half of our problems in defence.

Last edited:
Fàbregas released a statement regarding the recent rumours about him:

"Contrary to what has been written, the manager and I have a good relationship and he has never told me that I can leave. He said that he counts on me, as I count on him. I will continue to fight for this club until the very end and when called upon I will always give my very best. I'm fully committed to Chelsea F.C. and my only goal is to help them win more trophies."

Work, work, work Cesc because Oscar's performing well at the moment.

"Contrary to what has been written, the manager and I have a good relationship and he has never told me that I can leave. He said that he counts on me, as I count on him. I will continue to fight for this club until the very end and when called upon I will always give my very best. I'm fully committed to Chelsea F.C. and my only goal is to help them win more trophies."

This should have been as clear as daylight to anyone who has paid attention to what Fabregas has been saying ever since Conte was announced. I am surprised he has been dropped myself but the media seems to have put 2 and 2 together to get 250. It could be the lack of faith that Conte has in our defense that he rather have the industry of Oscar alongside Matic and Kante.

Marcus Alonso and a new CB will go a long way in alleviating these concerns and then I am sure we will see more of Fabregas.

Zouma's going nowhere (touch wood) and he's not our best centre-back, Terry is.
Start touching wood. L, Equipe have an article this morning picking up on the Di Marzio and Zouma talk. Looks like could be defo something in this. But like I said must have replacements lined up surely.

Terry has seen considerable decline.

He has however watching the early signs of Kante i can see why Huth and Morgan were able to be attacked very little last season, Kante could help prolong JT's career.

Start touching wood. L, Equipe have an article this morning picking up on the Di Marzio and Zouma talk. Looks like could be defo something in this. But like I said must have replacements lined up surely.

Its absolute bull**** if he leaves, when fit he's our best defender by a mile and in a season where we only have the league to concentrate on he can regain his fitness slowly to be ready for next season.

He has however watching the early signs of Kante i can see why Huth and Morgan were able to be attacked very little last season, Kante could help prolong JT's career.

Its absolute bull**** if he leaves, when fit he's our best defender by a mile and in a season where we only have the league to concentrate on he can regain his fitness slowly to be ready for next season.
like I said mate I'm sure there's reasons if he does. And 100% sure replacements will be coming.

He gets written about by the media and slated by some Chelsea fans but this lad just wants to win for us and that should be lapped up! Excellent attitude.

Back