The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
L'pool apparently the first PL side in 20 years to have their first three games the season away from home. Chelsea and Bolton back in 1997 were the last teams to start like that.

Pure personnel curiosity ..... Anyone remember why? Any specific reason or just a quirk of how the fixtures came out?

L'pool apparently the first PL side in 20 years to have their first three games the season away from home. Chelsea and Bolton back in 1997 were the last teams to start like that.

Pure personnel curiosity ..... Anyone remember why? Any specific reason or just a quirk of how the fixtures came out?
Heard on SSN because of the work going on around Anfield.

I know why L'pool have the first three away thus year ta.

I'm curious as to why Chelsea did 20 years ago?

The South (Shed End) and North (Matthew Harding) stands were having work done to them. Harding's investment essentially enabled the redevelopment of the stands, but unfortunately he passed away about two/three months after construction on the North Stand was complete. Then a year later the North stand became known as the Matthew Harding stand.

So there's your piece of Chelsea history for the day. ;)

Last edited:
The South (Shed End) and North (Matthew Harding) stands were having work done to them. Harding's investment essentially enabled the redevelopment of the stands, but unfortunately he passed away about two/three months after construction on the North Stand was complete. Then a year later the North stand became known as the Matthew Harding stand.

So there's your piece of Chelsea history for the day. ;)

Nice ;)

See what’s happening on Twitter

[h=1][/h]
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAAZACQAAAIchI+py+0Po5y02ouz3rz7D4biSJbmiabqyrZrAQA7

Burnley FC– Verified account ‏@BurnleyOfficial

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

BREAKING: Clarets sign @ChelseaFC striker Patrick Bamford on a season-long loan.#bfc

Kenedy is more useful than Pedro IMO. Are we going to get enough time to sign a center back? And if Remy is gone does it mean that the striker hierarchy is:
1: Costa
2: Michy
3: Loftus-Cheek
4: Solanke?

Kenedy is more useful than Pedro IMO. Are we going to get enough time to sign a center back? And if Remy is gone does it mean that the striker hierarchy is:
1: Costa
2: Michy
3: Loftus-Cheek
4: Solanke?

I doubt we're signing a centre-back at this stage. We'll sign Marcos Alonso and (possibly) Marcelo Brozovic before the deadline, but that's about it imo. If we sign them then I still think that's a good window for us. We'll have strengthened our starting lineup in areas that needed strengthening. Yes, a centre-back would be preferable but I think our defence will be fine with Aina, Alonso, Brana, Cahill, Dave, Terry and the recovering Zouma. That defence has and is good enough to win the league imo (although that's not my expectation).

Wtf?! We're being linked with a move for Sideshow Bob. I highly doubt there's anything to this story (just standard media bulls**t!), but I would have him back in a heartbeat. I f**king love David Luiz!

Edit: Ok, wtf Chelsea?! Where did this all come from? A whole host of media outlets are reporting that a £30m/£32m bid has been made.

Last edited:
It'd make sense if PSG are really going ahead with that rumoured crazy Julian Draxler bid.

Luiz on a good day is great. Too bad he doesn't have a lot of good days. He really impressed me in the DM role, but our midfield is already packed. I'd rather not have him back, but I won't be too upset if he does return.

Back