The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M

Chelsea FC– Verified account ‏@ChelseaFC

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

.@ChelseaFC and Paris Saint-Germain have agreed terms for the transfer of David Luiz back to London

chuffed to bits! :)

Chelsea just confirmed that we've agreed terms for David Luiz's return on Chelsea TV...

[video=youtube;8iwBM_YB1sE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iwBM_YB1sE[/video]

:D

very talented footballer.......but where will he fit in

This is the thing, if you look at the stats, he isn't especially error prone. People just have the perception of him being like that because he made some high profile errors and because of Gary Neville's entertaining comments. If you actually watched him play for us, he was solid 95% of the time. Was absolutely immense during the CL final too.

You only have to look at Pepe, a player people thought was pretty average and only in the team above Varane because Jose liked him stomping on people, to see that once a popular conception of a player takes hold, it's hard to shake it off.

Also, if there is a god, Luiz will score the winning goal at OT this season, run over to the United bench, pick up Mata and carry him back to our dressing room ahead of an immediate transfer, whilst Jose looks on forlornly and Conte completes his 15th lap of the away end, highfiving fans all the way.

This is the thing, if you look at the stats, he isn't especially error prone. People just have the perception of him being like that because he made some high profile errors and because of Gary Neville's entertaining comments. If you actually watched him play for us, he was solid 95% of the time. Was absolutely immense during the CL final too.

You only have to look at Pepe, a player people thought was pretty average and only in the team above Varane because Jose liked him stomping on people, to see that once a popular conception of a player takes hold, it's hard to shake it off.

Precisely, the whole 'prone to errors' thing is slightly exaggerated. I'm absolutely delighted he's back.

Also, if there is a god, Luiz will score the winning goal at OT this season, run over to the United bench, pick up Mata and carry him back to our dressing room whilst launching celery towards anyone and everyone ahead of an immediate transfer, whilst Jose looks on forlornly and Conte completes his 15th lap of the away end, highfiving fans all the way.

Fixed. :D

Last edited:
I spotted this earlier on Twitter...

"David Luiz brings so much more than his ability on the football pitch. If he hasn't played for your club, you won't understand."

This is absolutely spot on imo. Rival fans just don't 'get it'. Welcome back geezer!

I may be biased tho, since i'm brazilian and i can't get over a certain shockingly bad defensive display from a couple years ago.

I'm 50/50 on being heavily involved on deadline day, i like it because its exciting when your side are chasing targets but on the other hand its smells of panic buying. However pressing on the potential deal to re-sign David Luiz has again divided us Chelsea fans and i can see why however i'm all for it for quite a few reasons.

1: He's 29, we have some well definitely one in Christensen youngster which we all want/believe can make it with us in the future so signing an older player will not hinder his chance in the future.

2: He's playing style is different to what we have, he will give us a different option (yes sometimes erratic) which can be match winning.

3: He's a leader, we lack leaders in the dressing room and i think he can help massively with that.

4: He's versatile, lets not forget he can also play in midfield and even at either full back.

5: He knows the club and the league already so no adaptation would be needed.

6: Something which i don't think many/any have picked up on as of yet. He potentially gives us a chance to play 3-5-2 if Conte want's to give it a go. In this formation its mandatory you have a ball playing centre back and he is that in abundance. Especially with the signing of attacking full back Marcos Alonso he at left wing back and Azpilicueta right wing back it could potentially work.

Lets just get behind the moppy haired geezer shall we and feel pleased this man loved playing for us he wants to come back.

Imfao I just saw Chelsea are buying Luiz!!! I'm totally losing it! I literally can't stop laughing! ******* David "PlayStation" Luiz! Should have taken Abdenneur on loan.

Imfao I just saw Chelsea are buying Luiz!!! I'm totally losing it! I literally can't stop laughing! ******* David "PlayStation" Luiz! Should have taken Abdenneur on loan.

The same Abdenneur who has been rejected by every club this season when shopped around? There were no good options in the market... Rather bring back a former cult hero than some random Tunisian defender every Valencia fan is desperate to see the back of.

Back