The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
The same Abdenneur who has been rejected by every club this season when shopped around? There were no good options in the market... Rather bring back a former cult hero than some random Tunisian defender every Valencia fan is desperate to see the back of.
He was solid for Monaco. I'd still rather have him than Luiz!

He was solid for Monaco. I'd still rather have him than Luiz!

And Luiz was solid for us most of the time as Subtle said. If you want to buy into the popular perception of a player then be my guest. It seems only rival fans have a problem with this transfer as nearly every Chelsea fan is chuffed to bits.

Chelsea bringing Luiz back is the very definition of a panic buy.

No, the definition of a panic buy would have been paying whatever stupid price Napoli or Milan wanted for Koulibaly and Romagnoli respectively. When their were hardly any good options in the market, Chelsea have just gone ahead and selected the least worst one. Do you have any better suggestion as to who we should have signed?

You know I'll happily accept this Luiz criticism and mockery if any of you actually came up with a viable alternative we could have signed on deadline day who would have no problem fitting in ...

You know I'll happily accept this Luiz criticism and mockery if any of you actually came up with a viable alternative we could have signed on deadline day who would have no problem fitting in ...
Bought out the loan of Christensen, Tisserand, Toprak, Maksimovic.

And Luiz was solid for us most of the time as Subtle said. If you want to buy into the popular perception of a player then be my guest. It seems only rival fans have a problem with this transfer as nearly every Chelsea fan is chuffed to bits.
Concentration and decision making are poor. Also loses composure in some vital moments. He's a good player but far too eccentric and unreliable to be trustworthy. You fleeced PSG to get £50 Million.

Bought out the loan of Christensen, Tisserand, Toprak, Maksimovic.

Christensen never wanted to come back after just a year. We have never been linked to the first two so makes no sense sputing off these names (might as well say Bonnucci) and the last one signed a deal with Napoli before deadline day.

Concentration and decision making are poor. Also loses composure in some vital moments. He's a good player but far too eccentric and unreliable to be trustworthy. You fleeced PSG to get £50 Million.

We sold him for £38m and bought him back for less. Yes he is not the perfect defensive signing but he was the least worst option in a bad market for centre-backs. As Subtle pointed out, he was solid for us most of the time but the high-profile clownish errors he makes gives him a popular perception that is understandably hard to shake off.

Eh, Luiz is basically like Cahill who can pass. No one really dislikes either of them, because they both have this sort of last-ditch defending style that's entertaining to the fans and requires massive balls more than anything else.

But the truth they have to defend like that because they're ****. One guy like that can work, if you pair him with someone who actually has a brain. But if your backline pairing is going to be Cahill-Luiz...god help you.

Paulo Freitas– ‏@Cynegeticus

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Lucas Piazon (ex-São Paulo) has joined Fulham on loan from Chelsea until January 2017.

Some people rightly have reservations about him as a player but he will be a huge boost to the dressing room off the pitch. Club has looked a bit sullen since Drogba left and Mourinho did his nonsense last season ... Luiz will reverse a lot of that. He is proper Chels.

Where is his hair in that photo, think you may have signed an imposter

Also for such an expensive deal a three year contract seems pretty short

Last edited:
The fee's rumoured to be in the region of £30m/£34m which I believe is reasonable, especially when you consider Moussa Sissoko moving for £30m.

Overall it's been a **** good window for us imo, of course it could always be better. However I can't complain.

Where is his hair in that photo, think you may have signed an imposter

Also for such an expensive deal a three year contract seems pretty short

Is it that expensive though? I'd argue in the current market it isn't, but whatever, give a f**k about the fee. David Luiz has returned!! Also it's a three-year deal with the option for a fourth, for a 29-year-old that sounds about right imo.

Last edited:
David Luiz is very good footballer. Average defender though. We'll see if Conte can work his magic.

David Luiz is very good footballer. Average defender though. We'll see if Conte can work his magic.

Yeah that's kind of the problem with him. He is exceptionally multi-talented player, but in modern football you need specialized players for every position, the days when all-rounders ruled the world are long gone.

Yeah that's kind of the problem with him. He is exceptionally multi-talented player, but in modern football you need specialized players for every position, the days when all-rounders ruled the world are long gone.
*cough* pogba *cough*

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Back